Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Snugbugrug28

Would love if this became available on subscription like with the Volvo XC40 EV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

I think figures are something like 900. 400 already sold on pre order with another 500 due next year and Kia forecasting they'll sell more than the 500 allocation. If you're in the 50k car market then it's good value, but there are cheaper alternatives if you drop down the tiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭fits

Saw it in white today. Looks great in the flesh!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

Test drove an earth model today, very impressive overall and well spec'ed in terms of kit etc. According to sales guy interest is high and turning into actual sales and there is not much left for Jan Delivery at this stage in terms of colour options etc. Have not placed an order yet, not getting a good trade in value so need to shop around for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Seen one on these out on the road today. Only got a quick glimpse of it from the back but wow it really us a lot bigger than you would think. Must have been someone test driving it from the local dealer. I will go have a look at it next week maybe or the week after but first I want to have a look at the I5 at Hyundai.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

Saw my first one in Athenry today. Nice looking, reminds me of the old Citroen DS.

Looked fairly low on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Might look that way from outside but doesn't feel like you have to drop down in to it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭MarkN

Could not get the car to charge with CCS today. Just kept failing. Two Ionity chargers and an ESB 50kW. Girl in Ionity tried to start it at her end, two reboots of the chargers, nothing. Charges fine on my Zappi at 6.8/9kW.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

Saw that video Mark.. cheers for that😜👍... my wife looking at the same video drilling holes into the side of my head... making "hmmm" sounds... Its taken me long enough to convince her to change to electric.

I'm hoping it was specific to your car (no Ill will on you), I just hope it's not a common issue. Haven't seen it happen on other YouTube review channels from Europe.

Did this occur today? Any update?

Thanks Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Seen your video about it.

Hopefully its just an isolated fault on your test car and not some issue with the wider EV6 fleet.

If its a wider issue - Kia will need to get on top of it quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Redfox25

It has to be a setting someone disabled on the press car, probably in error.

Cant see why you would hand out a press car and then turn off one of its best selling features (fast charging).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

I like how some responses on YouTube link it to shutting down peat power generation. People really know how to harp on. Still though, very bad sign, I'll be watching closely for any updates, not good enough for a new car let alone one costing 55K.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,330 ✭✭✭✭fits

It’s probably something simple. Car is fresh out of the factory. There’s bound to be some early issues like with every car.

Someone on YT said it happens with their MG and a quick reset of the ECU by disconnecting the 12v for 10 mins will sort it but I need the problem to still be there as I’d say Kia will want to check it out in a workshop. Im not sure there’s a way of disabling fast charging, I’m aware of the slider in VW that can limit charging speed but I haven’t seen anything like that in the menu here. It certainly wouldn’t be turned off on purpose as it’s a press car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

"I’m aware of the slider in VW that can limit charging speed"

That's only for AC charging where you want to reduce the consumption from the source if you're worried about the quality of the wiring/electrics.

You can't limit DC charging speed in a VW, don't think you can do it in any EV?

Had a look at AC & DC settings, both set to 100% etc

car charged fine overnight using Zappi

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Saw your video , wondering if any chance there's a scheduled charge enabled ? Drove one yesterday and fantastic piece of kit .. shame that Kia didn't deliver on their October timeframe for deliveries... Have to patiently wait until January for my GTline

No I wasn't suggesting you can, I merely meant I would be familiar with the settings in an EV that could've cause something like that to happen if someone was to have messed with settings.

In the EV6 you can set a limit to what SOC you want to achieve using a fast charger that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

I am fairly certain the first time I tried Ionity the car was off. What I am 100% certain about is that I went inside to the shop so the car was locked up and when I came back I tried again. Then I drove to the other one a few kms away and tried the other. I'll try use a fast charger again later this evening and see what it does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Had a few failed charges with CCS before. Had to hold the cable head into the car's socket to prevent it happening again.

Sometimes they need to be pressed in for a few seconds during some communication handshake. No problem since.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Seen one driving through Naas today looked beautiful.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Not a member, can’t see.

just tried ESB 50kW, same story, nothing happens. Moved / held the connector every which way I could, no handshake. Just head shake !

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Strange that the Ionity error in your video says car should be turned off .. maybe it's not detecting it's off. Curious to hear what Kia Ireland have to say and if you test another car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Cars are computers nowadays. Unplug 12v , wait a bit, and reconnect. Probably caching some setting.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

OT, you can charge both CCS and CHAdeMO at eCars high power units....just feedback from comment you made on EV6 video

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

handy to know, wasn’t sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

My dealer informed me today that the GT line will not be in till April and that Kia Ireland are not honouring the 500 euro Supervalu voucher for cars registered after Q1

Seems pretty poor showing when they are the delay into Q2 , but if they are over subscribed I guess they can do what they like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Guys who were the lucky ones here test driven both ionic 5 and ev 6. What impresissions u got from both evs? What are pros and cons for both models?

Advertisement