Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Just something to be clarified if getting the Earth....

The dealer cars on carzone have really nice light colour for the seats on the Earth.

But Kias brochure suggests you should be getting Charcoal Grey seats.

I *think* Charcoal Grey should be a much darker colour - a bit like the original pre facelift eNiro

Something to watch for if buying an Earth without seeing the exact car you will be getting*.

*if car is on a boat coming from Korea for example

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

It's actually gravity blue (when I originally saw it I thought it was black). I'm strongly considering it (might even already be gone!).

As per my other posts/threads - maybe I can get over the slight awkwardness getting into the car.

I do really like the ride height of the Mach-E and it's super comfy, but for base model it doesn't even have electrical seat adjustment or power folding mirrors. Just worry I'll get it and not like it Vs the AWD I've test driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

The gravity blue one is sold... unless they have two of them😜

• Registered Users Posts: 7 royalblue61

Saw it in the flesh today for the first time and it was even nicer than I expected. Love the interior. Very tempted but two issues making me think twice. Boot was smaller than I expected and am pretty sure it wouldn't hold a set of golf clubs. Sitting in the back seat, my head was touching the roof (I am 6’2).

But how often will you be in the back seats? 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 royalblue61

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

20kwh/100kms....so that's a range of 385kms.......based on the full 77kwh battery being used. Is that always in eco mode/sport mode? And that seems pretty decent for winter driving this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ewj1978

have a Kia esoul. Its not a fault with the car about preheating. Kia designed it to be like that. Not sure hey buy it is what it is.

Anyone have an opinion on what way to go for car charger deal? First time getting one. I'm hoping some few of you are going/gone through the same experience.

The kia deal is with energia. Eviboxelvi is the charger for free.. €0.2249/kw. I don't have a smart meter. 12 month contract.

Just wondering if someone has done more than my tiny bit of research and point me towards their excellent, informed conclusion 😜 cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

KIA dealership yesterday told me the EV6 will not be covered by the free charger deal. I found all the deals really hard to compare, but concluded you're paying a higher per unit cost with the free charger package then without, so that's a factor.

There is a separate charger thread with some good information, but basically whatever charger you get you want to make sure it's "smart" and has load balancing. I looked into this a few years ago and you needed priority switches to ensure you didn't trip you mains, now however the latest chargers support limiting current towards the EV if something else in the house needs it and then switching back to full when the power is available. So don't take a free charger that ends up being a hassle would be my advice, make sure you're getting a decent one.

Post edited by Manion on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Depends on the cost of the unit they're providing, and how it stands up to other units. Energia quote unit + install at €1300 before the €600 grant, so it's €700 cost to you. If your driving and paying 22.49c/kWh vs 6c/kWh is less than €700 in the year, go for it. €700 is over 4000 kWh. Given a 77kWh battery, that's charging to full more than once a week. Assuming 450km of range from full that's 25k km per year. If you do more than 25k km per year, it's not worth it. Car energy costs would be around €1000 for the year @ 25k km annually.

As for the unit itself, if it's more than what you need, then you're paying for features you don't want. How do other units compare? If you could get just as good a home charge point for €1000 installed, that's €400 you owe for it, but you can use a 6c/kWh rate. Car energy costs would be around €250 for the year @ 25k km annually, but you'd also have to pay €400 (given a €1000 supply and fit of a different brand charge point), so a total of €650 for the year.

So it all comes down to what features you want from a charge point, and what price you can get that charge point installed for, and how much energy are you going to consume per year charging your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Stefs_42

Bad news for West of Ireland. Guys who planned to order GT line model will have to wait til April 22 as all that they are getting now is Earth model. And even if some one wanted to book test drive for EV 6 theres a massive queue of volunteers. Crazy!

Thanks mate, all good information. I'm getting a call back from energia instalation team, haven't signed up to anything yet.

That's another question for me to ask, does it have load balancing? Also need to ask whether it needs an earth rod installed or not.

Thanks for the info and advice, appreciated.

Thanks for the depth of your explanation. We do 20,000 km a year on average. So not bad there. Also my wife can charge for free in work which should help...

Where can I get the 6c/kw? I presume that's on day/night rate?

Galway got a gravity blue in yesterday and today I got a message saying it was sold! That was earth though, as you say GT-Line is pretty difficult to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

Got to test drive EV6 Earth trim today and have to say the car is even more impressive in real life. It really is a great looking car interior and exterior. Handles very well on motorway and on country roads, really feels solid. Very spacious inside ( I am 6ft tall), had no issues getting in or out.

Seats are described as charcoal grey, in real life they are almost cream, which I prefer having had cream seats in my last car which held up very well over seven years.

Was not sure about going full electric. In order to convince me, the dealer have me a loan of Kia Soul for four weeks, was only supposed to be for a week but my own car was in for repair which took longer than expected as they were waiting for parts. Having driven it for a month, definitely going full electric and going with the EV6 in Gravity Blue.

Zappi home charger on order and should be installed in the next couple of weeks and will be all set to pick up EV6 in and around 4th January.

Dealer advised no EV6 were being registered in 2021, that they will be all 2022 registered which I found interesting as saw some comments on here about EV6 being available now.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Energia had it last I checked. It's a night rate alright.

If you can charge at work, likely the free home charger and the higher energy rate is the better savings for you, assuming you want that charger. Definately get switching after the 12 months

I actually went and test drove it for the 3rd time in as many days today, and I have to say the reviews are correct, it handles extremely well.

I went down some country roads and had a clear line so put my foot down and didn't brake as much around corners (safely of course!) and it felt like it gripped the road nicely.

Only issue that's personal to me is that it still felt quite cramped to get myself into, just because it's a sleeker design than say the Ioniq 5. I actually stood outside the dealers and got in and out about 10 times!

Very comfy once you're in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

@ClassicRellic52

If your applying for the SEAI €600 home charger grant be careful... From SEAI

• Do not commence any work before the start date on your Letter of Offer otherwise this expenditure will be deemed ineligible and you will not receive grant support for it.

• Advertisement

I applied for the grant yesterday and got approval today over email. The EV6 isn't listed on the site so I contacted them, they said KIA have not yet provided them with a specification but to proceed by selecting the next nearest model.

Post edited by Manion on

Yeah, switch after 12 months, marked that alright. It is very tight if access to the work charger was limited. Might be better off getting a Zappi as I want to get solar in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭MarkN

22kWh/100 all day long today. Cold enough but it will get colder obviously. Majority of my trips are 10kms or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

This car looks class, had a quick Google and prices around 55k but does this include any grant's available?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Grant included in that price for the GT Line. GT earth coming in at roughly 50k

Earth is around 51,500 by time you get it from a dealer, and the GT-Line would be 56,100.

Around those prices anyway (including grants).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cheers, pricey enough, I'd imagine they won't be selling too many here.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

The GT-Line can't be 56,100 as the grant doesn't apply above 60k. The grant is on the full price including paint and delivery.

RRP for GT-Line + paint: €54,994.81 (€59,994.81 before grant)

If the dealer wanted to add €1500 delivery on then the price would be €61,500. The 'max' on the road price has to be €55k so? Unless the dealer wants to screw you out of the grant. I guess at least for private buyers the dealers 'cut' must be baked into the €55k.

Yeah my bad, just remember they said it would be 5k on top but you're right. They would keep it at 55k because of the grant.

• Advertisement

Hmm, all the Kia dealers are tacking on additional chargers for delivery which would put you over the grant ceiling. Not sure what happening if the above is true.

Advertisement