Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭DaveByDavid

And...? 😀

Thanks, thats a pretty good list.

Blind spot camera and heads up display handy, but not sure I'd personally have it as must have, or at least it wouldn't put me off another car.

Heat pump definitely good for Ireland. Although we mostly so short trips.

Charging I hadn't considered on my comparison sheet - cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭MarkN

Adaptive on it 👍🏻

May have exited out of the pre heat menu without selecting something, will try it again for the morning without the car being plugged in.

Post edited by MarkN on

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Onlyzeone

Leaving it there until January... killing me but I think its the correct decision.

That’s the spec sheet from Kia Ireland, confirms adaptive cruise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

Yep, they're just the features that I felt differentiated the Kia EV6 from the rest. I went in with a mindset that I want to keep this car for roughly 7 years. Some of the safety features like the side cameras I think once I get used to them I might find it hard to drive without them. The car is big, with a bit of a blind spot over to the left rear, so anything that helps you manage that is good. Regarding the 350kw charging, this just feels like a core feature. I'm not too sure how often I'd be willingly spending 80cent a Kw/h for the pleasure but in 7 years time I'd expect the infrastructure improvements and regarding the heat pump, I'd heard enough horror stories about the new Nissan leaf a couple winters ago to have that as a must have for peace of mind.

Super, thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 vincentohanlon

If money was no object @MarkN, would you take the EV6 or the Model Y? Absolutely asking for a friend 😊

GT Line v MY LR Dual motor

Same question but Mach-E RWD standard range vs EV6 GT line.

The car head in me says Tesla but the Kia is a really great car. A neighbour has been lusting after an Enyaq, I took him for a spin in the one I had during the summer, he was straight onto dealer trying to trade his Kodiaq. No availability. He saw the EV6 today and his mouth dropped, once I told him the spec it came with for less than the Enyaq he had been in, his head was turning.

I’d probably still go Tesla but I can’t really see a way the EV6 is inferior apart from bhp.

I'm in exactly the same place. Head says KIA but the heart (or maybe ego 🤔) says Tesla. Just love the simplicity and space of the Tesla although the suspension seems like its not suited for Irish roads (another 4k to fix it with new coilovers). Kia is just amazing value for money and has everything in the GT Line.

Yup. Some really great points, all good food for thought.

Given I'm probably going to have to wait for whatever car I end up with I'm torn between EV6 and Mach-E now.

I know all the spec and range is better on the EV6. Completely get it.

But I did love the design and feel of the Mach-E. Aside from charging speed I wonder if I'd just never miss the spec I don't have right now 😀

Yeah fair play, I'd do the same. Thought it was a case of take now or you'll lose it 😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Mark, is it correct that the apple car play/android auto isn’t wireless on the Kia and needs to be plugged in? Seems crazy seeing as there is a wireless charging tray but I read this in a review.

I’ll double check tomorrow, when I paired it with Bluetooth, it didn’t ask me did I want to use CarPlay the way most wireless setups work.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Same issue on the Sorento. There’s the wireless charger, but the phone is plugged in most of the time anyway. It’s an odd oversight. Still, I use it for the AirPods.

Really surprised they’re not offering the Awd as the higher priced option. Disappointing.

The RWD GT Line is just under the grant ceiling, as I understand it the AWD wouldn't get the grant so it would be quiet a bit more expensive.

When you compare it to something like the Audi Q4 Etron then the RWD EV6 is amazing value for money, even at 60k (55 after SEAI grant). The AWD would likely be 65-70k.

Test drove this one again today.

I think once inside it's great, but I find getting into the car a little awkward. I'm a bigger guy so maybe that's why, but I almost hit myself on the back of the door frame before getting in, not something I found on Mach-E or Ioniq 5. I guess because they're higher up off the floor perhaps.

Either way it's a lovely car.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

im 6 ft 4 and have a mediocre back so it sounds like it might not be best for me , pity as its a really exciting looking car

Definitely go test it to see for yourself. Once you're in it's very comfy, but getting in just wasn't natural for me, it's a bit of a step down and then like I said I hit my back a bit on the frame.

Getting into the Ioniq 5 and Mach-E felt more natural, didn't have to think about it and didn't hit anything.

Irish times has a decent article today on it. https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/kia-ev6-stunning-crossover-challenges-tesla-for-the-premium-ev-throne-1.4713183.

Good context regarding supply. I know a number of people are saying that due to long lead times they are going to wait for other models from other vendors but I think this misses the supply chain issue which has been ongoing for two years. Lots of industries have been hampered by paper launches due to semi conductor supply.

Regarding size, I'm tall as well, at 6'2" and found it very spacious inside. The Skoda is easier to get in and out of, no questions, as it's higher off the ground, but inside I found there was less space and I needed to lower the seat to the floor to have headroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

the Skoda Enyaq left me cold even though there is nothing objectively wrong with it in anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭GusGus

Why can’t Kia garages be upfront about supply ? They seem really eager to get deposits down but hell if you try and get a timeframe it’s just blank stares . We might be able to get one in Jan or feb . We don’t know about colours . Don’t even ask about GT as that’s just totally not clear .

now maybe it was just garages I spoke with but I was really tempted but I’d want to know what I’m getting and a fairly clear idea of when I’d get it . Frustrating

It's the same with all the brands. Skoda said May, Hyundai said they didn't know. I had great fun with this last year trying to get a graphics card. Global supply chains are fucked at the moment.

What I find equally as frustrating is you get different answers across dealers as I wrote earlier in this thread.

Just today I got told by Ford it could be 6 months and if that sounded hesitant. Then another dealer for Ford tells me they'll have them by March and they are getting emails several times a week from Ford to update on stock.

Doesn't want to pre heat unless plugged in anyway!

Test drove the Earth. Fantastic car. Can't justify a Model Y when you can get this much car for so much less with Kia. I know one garage that has a white GT Line in stock for registration now or Jan. Colours seems to be a problem thought at least for the GT line. Basically it's take what's in stock now, which isn't a lot, or order any colour you want for Q2 delivery (at best). Such a pity the steel grey isn't available on the GT Line. Its a stunning colour. Black is also class. Better in the metal than on pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

IMO thats a design flaw, I wonder if it can be fixed via a software update. There's nothing mentioned in the brochure/spec list about the car having to be plugged in for pre-heating to work. Is there a manual in the car that you have, if so does it state it there?

Also when you have been driving it in the rain, have you opened the bonnet after wards? Myself and my wife took one for a test drive last week and we opened the bonnet, and there was quite a bit of surface water getting in under the bonnet from the road. THere seems to be a gap between the bonnet and the front grille where the water is getting in. Just wonder with all the electrical terminals in there is it something to watch out for? I saw that most of the terminals are plugged in but water/dirt over time could wear them down. And also when driving in the wet, alot of water was getting on the rear view camera and when in reverse, some drops were obscuring the reversing view.

Get on to Thomas in Kia Sheridans Waterford, they have a lovely yacht blue earth model in stock, ready to go, as of last week anyway...

As I was driving out from finishing my test drive this morning the exact same car got delivered and is apparently available...

• Advertisement

Thought the same about a software update for pre heating. Seems mad when you factor in a heat pump especially! I’ll check the manual but I think it’s as I’ve described as I tried it two nights in a row. Can’t get it below 20kWh/100kms either. Wouldn’t have the lightest of foot.

Advertisement