Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

If you are printing your own then print one and laminate it and print another and don't laminate it and stick it inside the the laminated one.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Got the parents certs laminated into a little booklet, no issue with scanning them on an app after being laminated

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Has anyone managed to get their name changed on their cert? Was vaccinated by my GP and my cert doesn't match my passport. Not that I'm going anywhere, just want to get it sorted when there's no pressure to sort it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Lollipop95

Anyone know when the certs will arrive for those who were vaccinated in pharmacies? And will it be via post?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Waterford26

Got mine 2nd dose on friday..hope I will get the cert by wednesday as i have to fly abroad on thurs morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 scoobysnacks2021

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Does that process involve giving them your email address? If it does then that is probably how it will come. DoH managing all of that I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I got mine via e mail and it scanned no problem to my wallet and to the covid app .My husband got his via post and it will not scan neither on his phone or on mine .The top left corner has no square box so I am presuming it is not correct

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

Why are they showing the US date format for D O B ie. YYYY MM DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭dotsman

That's not US format. US format is MM DD YYYY.

YYYY MM DD format is used/required for sorting (alphabetically). My guess is, if they are displaying it in that format to humans, they really rushed the design/implementation of htese things and forgot/decided not to convert back to a more human-readable form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭jbv

Cert not received by email or post. Phone line is always busy. Another job well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Champagne Sally

As far as I know, only those vaccinated in the MVC's will receive their Digital Covid Certs by Email. If you've been vaccinated by a GP or in a pharmacy those certs will be posted. I personally was vaccinated by my GP and still have not received my Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

This is correct. I got my Cert emailed early to mid last week. Wife & daughter vaccinated by GP & have to wait for one in the post.

I'm wondering if anyone has had one posted out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Champagne Sally

According to the Irish Times, the postal certs should be completed by today, but I would seriously question that. Some have got the certs alright but there seems to be a significant amount who haven't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

I have heard of some who were vaccinated by their GP who have received their cert by email

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Navy blue

Both my parents were vaccinated in the GP's in the over 80's cohort, one received in post on Thursday, one on Friday.

My husband was also vaccinated in GP and no sign of his yet.

Thanks for that. We have a starting point now that some certs have indeed been posted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

check your junk mail folder as many have ended up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Chrissy1

Has anyone managed to get through to the helpline to get a certificate of recovery. I’m due to fly early next week so phoned at 8.30 on the dot this morning. I was on hold until 10.30 and it then hung up on me. I haven’t been able to get through since - just getting an engaged tone.

At least 1.3m already sent out. Have you checked your junk folder? Unless you're planning imminent travel it is not really of much use to you at present. As for the phone thing, this is what happens when people think they've been left out and all ring at once! Patience is your friend!

• Advertisement

It's the same number for all queries. Keep an eye on your spam/junk folders too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭BArra

I was GP vaccinated and received the digital cert via email, which seems to go against how it should be

Only thing I can think of is that I was registered on the HSE portal and received an appt for first jab but had already gotten it at a GP so I cancelled the HSE, maybe it thus kept my details/email so when I got the 2nd from GP it triggered the email as the GP had updated the COVAX system which went back to my PPS

Also to note, received 2nd pfizer on 13/7/21 and the digital cert email arrived on 16/7/21 (so no 7 day wait as per the gestation period after 2nd jab to 'full' immunity)

My wife got hers in this mornings post. Daughter went to same GP & hasn't arrived yet

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭jbv

Have a flight on Sunday. The only advice given is to pay for a test. Phone lines are busy. Really bad handling the situation by HSE.

Yeah, can understand the frustration. In terms of emails they are managing the flow so they don't get flagged as a spam account and end up blocked by email providers. They should be sending out more out this week. It's the DoH not the HSE, BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lalipule

For people who were vaccinated by GP and didn’t receive their cert yet. Check with your GP first if they were able to provide your details to COVAX portal. If not this is the reason why you have no cert. My GP is still waiting for their access, which they told me last Friday is promised by HSE today. My suspicion is that due to cyber attack the access was removed/stopped and is at the bottom of the list of systems/links to be reinstated. Lack of data upload on GP side will explain lack of cert.

Personally I wish there was better communication from the responsible departments.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

thats ridiculous.

Many countries require a proof of vaccination, not a digital cert that proves vaccination, a proof. You need to work out what the exact rule is for the specific country you are travelling to.

When arriving back to Ireland the irish vaccine cert/ booklet will suffice so its only the destination (presuming you are in ireland and looking to go abroad) which matters

Come the autumn I'd expect many countries to insist on a digital cert but for the meantime paper proof is fine in many instances.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

Still waiting in Q - 2 hours soon, anyone knows how long the waits time are ?? Need to work ....

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭lalipule

I’m surprised you managed to get a slot. I keep calling and all I get is “can not connect” or something around those lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭leonlafrite

Took me 25 mins constant calling - was in Q for 1.5 hours before that but had to drop ... Why can they not post these under the revenue profiles or similar .. Would save on that 800K worth of Stamps ..I mean who post anything like that nowadays .....

Advertisement