Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

The same thing happened to me, although they didn't mention the cyberattack. I was vaccinated in a pharmacy, called the DCC helpline to find they had no record of my vaccination at all. They blamed the pharmacy, and the pharmacy said everything had been done properly... I managed to get registered over the phone and received my DCC last night, but I wonder if this is a widespread issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kooreczka

Just waiting on covid cert phone helpline for passed 3 hours no answer, appalling service as usual. I have been vaccinated more than 2 weeks ago and haven't got the certificate. Why nothing in this country works like in other EU states where you can download the cert yourself from the health service profile...no need to call anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭SVI40

God, what a mess. Got my second vaccine 6 weeks ago. No sign of the DCC, and now on hold for 3.5 hours and no idea how much longer I'll be on hold. 👿

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭roarlad

Did someone answer?

I've been on hold 3hours 15mins so far.. had to plug the phone in!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

So many moving parts means you have so many people to point fingers at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 highland212

After 3 and a half hours on hold I finally got through to someone. They had record of my vaccine but had no email address for me and an incorrect postal address. They updated the system with my correct information and said I'll be emailed my DCC within 72 hours. It's a good thing I stayed on hold or I would never have received my cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 BurntAsh

Disconnected after exactly 4 hours. Can anyone beat that?

If the previous post to this is anything to go by you should get back on!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

now at 4hrs 14mins.

what do I win?

• Advertisement

I bailed at 4hrs 17 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭crossman47

I got that too. Its quite possible some people won't have opened a Revenue letter and so are missing out.

they answered me after 4 hours 25mins!

Turns out the GP never entered the 2nd dose in the system correctly, that and the email address and physical address weren't populated either..

You'd wonder if this is what a whole lot of this is, not the GP I mean, but just human errors. Well done on hanging in and getting things fixed!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Jammyd

I went over 3hrs and 10 minutes when I finally got true I do not envy the staff there at all, they said they could see mine had been requested when I called last week and didn’t know why I hadn’t received it, she said she would move it to a priority queue but the likelihood of me getting it before my flight is most likely zero, thankfully I had booked an Antigen test for tonight just in case this situation arose, have to say the whole thing is a farce zero rhyme or reason why some are getting theirs over others it’s just all over the shop, you’d swear they didn’t have months to prepare for this… leaving this country even if only for a week is just the ticket right is 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

My Mrs is currently on hold for the last 5 hours trying to get through to the helpline. She's travelling next week and no sign of the cert yet. She keeps getting kicked off after 2 hours on old. This is farcical. She got vaxed in May

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SwimFin

HSE: 1800 851 504 : 2 x 2 Hour Wait Time (Mon 19-Jul-2021) Result: Disconnected

HSE : 1800 807 088 : 3 x 2 Hour Wait Time. (Tues 20-Jul-2021) Result: Disconnected

Disconnected: At exactly 2 hours, on the dot, the call drops.

IMHO, the HSE Digital Covid Cert Helpline, has an inbuilt disconnection @ 2 hour wait time.

Likelihood is that Call Centre has a target and Incoming Calls on hold for greater than 2 hours are considered to be an unsatisfactory customer service response time. So, to avoid unhappy customers, disconnect the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

I'd say it might be an issue with your phone/network, try with another phone provider.

I was on for 4 hours +, and others had 3 and 4 hour waits also, check twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

This is where the Dail needs to be screaming. Any customer supported industry should try to solve their own problems and get you across the line due to their mistake rather than wash their hands of it with 3 days to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭SwimFin

Yes, I am aware of "call holding" greater than 2 hours, I am merely surmising that a certain quota of calls are 'disconnected' after say, a 2 hour hold, since I have had 5 x 2 hour call holding disconnected @ the exact same duration.

GoMo confirmed that it is a HSE issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

I'm with GoMo and it cuts off at exactly 2 hours for me every time, which is 5 times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Champagne Sally

I wasn’t that concerned about my Cert until I hear some of you worried that they got their 2nd vaccine only 2 weeks ago. Well hubby had 2nd vax on 23rd April and I had mine 4th May both through our GP. Should I be concerned do you think?

Only if you have an immediate need to use it but might be no harm checking that your GP submitted your details and that they are correct.

The Dail is in recess and this is not really a recall justification.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Can anyone find a government website that confirms you can travel to Ireland seven days after the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine?

I'm due to arrive 9 days after my second dose, but almost all other countries I've seen ask for 14 days after second dose. Will be both a hassle and a cost to get a PCR test before travelling, but I'm worried that the airline staff won't let me board if they check and see I am not yet 14 days vaccinated.

I was on a Ryanair flight a few weeks ago to a country that did not require tests coming from the departure country - gate staff were not aware rules had changed a few days previously so chaos at the gate

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

I got the one dose Jansen vaccine 2 weeks ago, at my pharmacy. I still haven’t received my cert. They wouldn’t take my e-mail. Said oh the HSE have your information. I knew I’d have trouble getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I got my Vacinnes through my GP, recieved my digital cert via email day after they began sending them. Oddly I didn't give my email address at the times of Vacinations albeit my GP and perhaps HSE have this as I've a full medical card.

Curious what happened in Malta yesterday where authorities NOT accepting HSE certs and insisting only digital certs acceptable, a word of caution for anyone travelling albeit Malta may be the exception but I suspect there'll be more EU countries insisting on digital certs only. Oisin Smith (minister responsible & currently on holidays) stated quite clearly people can travel if they've proof of Vacinations, clearly he may be proven to be incorrect.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Pepsirebel

They shouldn't really be in recess though.....pandemic, trying to get the country back up & running and all that

Advertisement