Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gordon Elliott

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Oops!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭bladespin

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Shemale wrote: »
    I hope he gets a fine of 1000 to go to an animal charity.

He has suffered enough.

1k ? he'd be delighted with that

10k minimum to my lovely horse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Thud wrote: »
    The same horse (and most others) probably gets dragged out, put on a truck and sent to dog food factory shortly after. At what point do you switch off the respect?

They are not pets and can’t be buried in a shoe box in your garden.

You are conveniently missing the point, that horse was the livelihood of Elliott and his staff, the horse was owned by someone else, that horse was allegedly "treated like a king" that horse was part of horse racing. It was a scummy, disresectful, damaging thing to do.

We have a dog, my wife wanted one, the dog is annoying and noisy and the biggest bain of my life. If she has to be put down and a picture appears of the vet sitting on her after she has passed I wouldn't be happy about it. Neither would I imagine would a lot of other people.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Horses are commodities. They are literally traded as commodities. They are then bred, forcibly castrated, trained and forced to run around a big field to near exhaustion, jump over big fences, sat on and whipped by a little man child.

If they get injured they face being put to death (sometimes on the track), forced out to stud to make to more money for some lucky dealer, then at the end they are sent to a slaughter house and turned into dog food.

All this under the general category of "sport" and perfectly normal. A trainer makes a complete clown of himself by allowing himself to be photographed sitting on a dead horse and everyone loses their freakin minds.

Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Thud wrote: »
    The same horse (and most others) probably gets dragged out, put on a truck and sent to dog food factory shortly after. At what point do you switch off the respect?

They are not pets and can’t be buried in a shoe box in your garden.

God help them if they seen the video of the truck hooking on the straps and dragging him in to the truck

I would swear some of these headbangers thinks you should call Masseys for a casket.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AnBeagalltach

Horses are commodities. They are literally traded as commodities. They are then bred, forcibly castrated, trained and forced to run around a big field to near exhaustion, jump over big fences, sat on and whipped by a little man child.

If they get injured they face being put to death (sometimes on the track), forced out to stud to make to more money for some lucky dealer, then at the end they are sent to a slaughter house and turned into dog food.

All this under the general category of "sport" and perfectly normal. A trainer makes a complete clown of himself by allowing himself to be photographed sitting on a dead horse and everyone loses their freakin minds.

Weird.

After your little rant can you explain how forcibly castrated horses are put out to stud to make more money?

Weird as you say

Weird.

What is weird is that you think a horse can be castrated and then forcibly put to stud.

Yeah, I am sure the stallions hate all the riding

• Advertisement

After your little rant can you explain how forcibly castrated horses are put out to stud to make more money?

Weird as you say

Some are castrated and some are sent to stud- is that better?

I would have thought you were smart enough to take the general point.

Some are castrated and some are sent to stud- is that better?

I would have thought you were smart enough to take the general point.

I would have thought you were smart enough to know that testicles produce sperm

Yeah, I am sure the stallions hate all the riding

Really? I would suggest you go and do some research on how it is performed e.g. heads covered, forced into position and restraints used. Oh and let's not forget the use of electroejaculation.

That is a clown of a post and both highly ignorant and childish.

I would have thought you were smart enough to know that testicles produce sperm

What is your point?

Really? I would suggest you go and do some research on how it is performed e.g. heads covered, forced into position and restraints used. Oh and let's not forget the use of electroejaculation.

That is a clown of a post and both highly ignorant and childish.

Look at the expert that didn't know you need testicles to be a stallion.

Amazing the number of geldings that have sired foals.

I know all about studs and how they operate, your post is ignorant and clownish.

You must be either a vegan or a hypocrite so if you eat meat as these practices are common in farming.

You are conveniently missing the point, that horse was the livelihood of Elliott and his staff, the horse was owned by someone else, that horse was allegedly "treated like a king" that horse was part of horse racing. It was a scummy, disresectful, damaging thing to do.

We have a dog, my wife wanted one, the dog is annoying and noisy and the biggest bain of my life. If she has to be put down and a picture appears of the vet sitting on her after she has passed I wouldn't be happy about it. Neither would I imagine would a lot of other people.

There is no comparison between a small pet dog and a 550 kg horse bred for racing

What is your point?

Maybe you are not as smart as you think / portray

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

tipptom wrote: »
    There is no comparison between a small pet dog and a 550 kg horse bred for racing

Of course there is, they're both things that I wouldn't sit on when dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

I support Charlotte I mean Gordon

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Silly Gilly

byronbay2 wrote: »
    I would be absolutely disgusted if he was that severely treated. What he did was crass and stupid but (imo) this incident is another example of a social-media witch hunt where people who have no real interest in the subject jump on the "outrage" bandwagon.

I personally think that a fine and awareness-training course would suffice but expect him to be suspended for a few (2-3) months, at the worst possible time for him. In reality, losing those wonderful Cheveley Park horses that he has brought along with such skill and dedication should really be punishment enough!
    I says wrote: »
    It’s only an image is right. The ihrb will have to be seen coming down heavy on this or they’ll face the pitchfork brigade. As for mistreating live animals I’ve no time for that. Dogs get a bad rap because their arrogant owners think their to superior to either walk them with a lead on, or pick up the dog’s ****e after them.
    6 month ban I would think as fair.
    Will be 3 minimum, missing out on all the big festivals, Jun-Aug low key anyway so 6 should be enough to appease the vultures of society.
    Start afresh in September.
    He, and his stable, have suffered enough already this week, never mind the loss of Envoi Allen amongst others.
    drugging,abducting,imprisoning,torture,intimidation to women all on British soil........silence,
    silly fu*k sits on a dead horse in another country.....lads lets get stuck in in Ireland
    Robson99 wrote: »
    I give the dog a kick in the arse when he needs it. Horse or cattle get a slap of a wavin pipe from me if the are being hard to handle. Maybe I should be in jail ?
    Maybe the teacher who gave me a few slaps when I was acting the maggot in school should be doing time.

People really need to find something to do with their time than trying to bring more torture on what the man and his family are going through the last week

There are nice characters here on the Racing forum. Blame everyone else but the perpetrator of the act. Throw in a little xenophobia from Tom and top it off with an admitting of animal cruelty from Robbo.

Some boys!

• Advertisement

Some embarssing posts in here defending Elliott.

He took the video, most of his yard knew about this. Most of the industry kept it and Rob James video in house and now the industry is blaming people outside the industry cause Gordon might lose his licence for a bit.

If it wasn't a bad thing to do why did Gordon come out with that utter bull**** statement, people defending him are an embarassment.

There are nice characters here on the Racing forum. Blame everyone else but the perpetrator of the act. Throw in a little xenophobia from Tom and top it off with an admitting of animal cruelty from Robbo.

Some boys!

You'd just love to ask the horse how it felt about the whole incident, wouldn't you?

Straight from the horses mouth, one could muse. But the horse is dead.

All this talk of castration makes me want a hot dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

They have a case from their OWN juristiction sitting on their table for the last two years that is ongoing and had come to a frenzy after the panorama programme a few weeks back

A British High Court ruled as fact that the Shekh drugged,abducted,imprisoned,tortured and intimidated his two daughters and his wife,the sheikh appealed this to the supreme court and lost,all on British soil

The same BHA rules and criteria say you have to be a fit and proper person for British racing and "the subject should not be the subject of any adverse findings in any Civil Proceedings.

So they dont deal with or make any comment on a person in their own juristiction who has drugged,abducted,tortured and intimidated three women beside the BHA office in Portman Square but rush out a statment about a another juristiction within a day while that authority was dealing with it.
    By the way in their rush to try and bury their own story they tried to intimadate owners in another country to leave Elliots yard and have now had to row back on that.

It was not the correct action and there was no need for it while the IRHB was dealing with it,Elliot was been dealt with but they seized the opportunity to bury the Sheikh story

Which case do you think the BHA should be dealing with first,considering Elliot is not even licensed by them and was been dealt with by its own authority,the guy in another country sitting on a dead horse or the fella who repeatedly drugs,abducts,tortures and intimidates women etc in their own country under their own rules?

Thats a fair point about the BHA and their silence over the Sheikh kidnapping his daughters, something a UK High Court found to be true yet the BHA have taken no action against him. iirc he even stole 5 horses from his now ex wife Princess Haya, the horses got returned but he faced no sanction from the BHA for doing it in the first place.

But the IRHB are just as culpable in their silence as the Sheikh owns a number of studs here. So today they will ban Elliot on the grounds of bringing the sport into disrepute but they equally ignore the Sheikh bringing the sport into disrepute when he kidnapped, drugged and tortured two of his own daughters.

By any measure the Sheikh has brought the sport into disrepute by horse racings very own rules but both the Irish and British associations have remained silent on the matter. They are equally culpable for not speaking out about the elephant in the room.

hots wrote: »
    Of course there is, they're both things that I wouldn't sit on when dead.

Yeah,it must be tiring for you riding your jack Russell around the gallops every morning,washing him down,taking him to the swimming pool,entering him for races,declaring him and taking him racing

Your dog is probably cooped up in a unhygenic house every day

What do you thin Elliot would get in court for whatever crime you can make up for sitting on a dead horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Some boys!

That's the difference between some punters/horse racing fans, and lovers of horses. They don't get it because the love and respect for the animal isn't there. If someone can't see what he did was gross misconduct at best, you just don't get it.

I'm with Ruby. Indefensible. Proper horse man, not some gob****e who hits an animal with Wavin beacause he hasn't the skills or intelligence.

Look at the expert that didn't know you need testicles to be a stallion.

Please point out where I said that or in fact made any specific reference to stallions. You are deliberately twisting my post.
    I know all about studs and how they operate, your post is ignorant and clownish.

Please tell me what part of my post is incorrect.

Simple question: Are studs alowed to mate 'naturally' when they feel like it or are the forcibly made to mount (while restrained and sometimes hooded) while a bunch of lads stand around gawping with $$ twirling around in their eyes?

Am I wrong on that?
    You must be either a vegan or a hypocrite so if you eat meat as these practices are common in farming

Stupid comment and of no relevance- I know it is common practice in farming but again what has that got do with my post?

I am not a vegan and I eat meat which is why I find everyone elses faux outrage hypocritical.

Weird. Elliott was an idiot and wrong. It's the pearl clutching and faux outrage I find bizaare.

Come back to me when you have the good grace back up your points. If my post is all wrong then I am all ears.

I havent seen any pictures of zooloigists sitting on dead zebras

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Robson99

Some boys!

Define Animal Cruelty

• Advertisement

I havent seen any pictures of zooloigists sitting on dead zebras

Doesn't mean it doesn't happen or right for that matter.

Advertisement