Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gordon Elliott

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

Where is the proof there is more to come only from twitter? I very much doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

Aside from the disrespectful aspect of the picture, how braindead do you have to be to pose for a picture like when involved in an industry that faces a lot of opposition and knowing social media exists? He must be a genuinely stupid person. Maybe he'll try to engage his brain from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

It's only an image, of a presumably well treated animal beyond care, he seems immature I agree, but a year ban for posing for a photo, no evidence of a mistreated animal etc, would be a total overreaction, I presume you are recommending hefty jail sentences for any owners of mistreated living pets?

It’s only an image is right. The ihrb will have to be seen coming down heavy on this or they’ll face the pitchfork brigade. As for mistreating live animals I’ve no time for that. Dogs get a bad rap because their arrogant owners think their to superior to either walk them with a lead on, or pick up the dog’s ****e after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭Motivator

I’ve a feeling I know how this will play out today.

The IHRB are getting stick for delaying the hearing until today. I think they’ll ban him until Jan 1st 2022, the BHA will lift their ban on his UK runners because they’re satisfied the IHRB have dealt with it. Gordon won’t appeal and will take the ban and his fine but he’ll be allowed his runners in Cheltenham because the ban won’t take effect for 14 days after being passed down which will be after Gold Cup day.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Motivator wrote: »

The IHRB are getting stick for delaying the hearing until today. I think they’ll ban him until Jan 1st 2022, the BHA will lift their ban on his UK runners because they’re satisfied the IHRB have dealt with it. Gordon won’t appeal and will take the ban and his fine but he’ll be allowed his runners in Cheltenham because the ban won’t take effect for 14 days after being passed down which will be after Gold Cup day.

I'd say 6 month ban so he's ready to go start of new NH season. Would be flabbergasted if the BHA let him have runners at Cheltenham. They'll want to avoid having any mention of his name at this massive event. Let's hope i'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭deeks

I don't see any way that there's a runner at Cheltenham with "G. Elliott" after its name. Far too likely to cause more controversy. I'm going for 6 month ban which both sides agree starts immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Motivator wrote: »

Sounds fair enough to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Any more than 3 months ban would be harsh

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mistermiyagi

6 month ban I would think as fair.
    Will be 3 minimum, missing out on all the big festivals, Jun-Aug low key anyway so 6 should be enough to appease the vultures of society.
    Start afresh in September.
    He, and his stable, have suffered enough already this week, never mind the loss of Envoi Allen amongst others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭Motivator

6 month ban I would think as fair.
    Will be 3 minimum, missing out on all the big festivals, Jun-Aug low key anyway so 6 should be enough to appease the vultures of society.
    Start afresh in September.
    He, and his stable, have suffered enough already this week, never mind the loss of Envoi Allen amongst others.

Yeah I think that will all be taken into account today, at least it should be. He made a mistake, it was awful and gave the anti racing crowd an even bigger agenda. Let’s be honest, if they give him a week or 2 years it won’t matter to the crowds that were baying for blood on Twitter, Facebook, Liveline or any of the print media. They want him gone for good and that won’t happen so whatever ban he’s given the IHRB are going to face criticism for it for a week or two. They may as well use common sense with the punishment.

Staff, loss of income, tarnished reputation, loss of horses and loss of faith from his owners is already the biggest punishment he could face I think. I’d hope the IHRB have a bit of cop on. As much as I don’t like the man personally, he’s a fantastic trainer and nobody likes to see someone with that talent have it taken away because of one **** up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭nsnoefc1878

Ah the poor man, his world is crumbling around him.
    He did well to keep it from crumbling in the near 2 years since the incident occurred.
    He's only sorry he got caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Seems to be a sentiment the "anti racing" people are the ones up in arms fuelling a witch hunt.

Everyone I know involved with horses is disgusted by what he did, no one can fathom why he would do that IF he cared that much. And if that's what's caught on camera by him and his staff, it begs the question what's not.

Ruby Walsh - indefensible. Says it all. And he's right. But he'll get a slap on the wrist and the circus goes on.

GE is the one in the spotlight for his behaviour, no one else to blame. Its not the twitter accounts baying for blood he should be worried about, his name is dirt now. Whatever ban he gets won't make a difference, damage is done for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Enslaved humans are acceptable, sitting on a dead horse is not, good to know, I must buy a couple of!!!!!!So I won't be a moral despicable.

drugging,abducting,imprisoning,torture,intimidation to women all on British soil........silence,
    silly fu*k sits on a dead horse in another country.....lads lets get stuck in in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I hope he only gets a slap on the wrist and a good stern talking to, if only to see people lose their shít on boards.
    Glorious glorious faux outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Robson99

Ah the poor man, his world is crumbling around him.
    He did well to keep it from crumbling in the near 2 years since the incident occurred.
    He's only sorry he got caught.

I give the dog a kick in the arse when he needs it. Horse or cattle get a slap of a wavin pipe from me if the are being hard to handle. Maybe I should be in jail ?
    Maybe the teacher who gave me a few slaps when I was acting the maggot in school should be doing time.

People really need to find something to do with their time than trying to bring more torture on what the man and his family are going through the last week

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

alternative punishment - how about getting a horse to sit on him?

Robson99 wrote: »
    I give the dog a kick in the arse when he needs it. Horse or cattle get a slap of a wavin pipe from me if the are being hard to handle. Maybe I should be in jail ?
    Maybe the teacher who gave me a few slaps when I was acting the maggot in school should be doing time.

People really need to find something to do with their time than trying to bring more torture on what the man and his family are going through the last week

His family wont have to look far to find someone to blame.
    Maybe he should find something to do with his time that doesnt involve mocking and disrespecting an animal thats no longer in a position to defend itself.
    Anyone who does that is a scumbag.

fryup wrote: »

At first I thought him sitting on the horse was the cause of the animals demise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭Robson99

Maybe he should find something to do with his time that doesnt involve mocking and disrespecting an animal thats no longer in a position to defend itself.

Id hate to see what you would call someone who stole a packet of crisps

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭bladespin

Slattsy wrote: »
    I hope he only gets a slap on the wrist and a good stern talking to, if only to see people lose their shít on boards.

TBH I can't see anything more than a telling off, he's had plenty of stick but not really broken any of the rules regarding cruelty etc (we have seen worse IMO), it was a dick thing to do but being a 'dick' isn't the worst offense someone can be charged with.

It's gone way past it's sell-by date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Field east

fryup wrote: »

Very good idea . He could have it in his will. That would be a 100% retribution . But wait ...... he has to live that fear/ thought from the insertion until he passes on. So it’s not exactly like for like . The poor deceased horse somewhat wins !!!!!!

bladespin wrote: »
    TBH I can't see anything more than a telling off, he's had plenty of stick but not really broken any of the rules regarding cruelty etc (we have seen worse IMO), it was a dick thing to do but being a 'dick' isn't the worst offense someone can be charged with.

It's gone way past it's sell-by date.

BUT THINK OF THE CHILDREN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robson99 wrote: »
    Id hate to see what you would call someone who stole a packet of crisps

Depends on the flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,620 ✭✭✭Allinall

What in the name of all that's holy does that mean?

People sit on live horses all the time and the horses don't feel the need to "defend themselves".

I've asked before and am still waiting on an answer-

How can you disrespect a dead animal?

Can you disrespect a table? or a tin of dog food?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Allinall wrote: »
    How can you disrespect a dead animal?

Sitting on it for a picture, ****ing it.

Humans are animals, Elliott sitting on your granny for a funny picture would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I hope he gets a fine of 1000 to go to an animal charity.

He has suffered enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Slattsy wrote: »

Whoever leaked the picture didn’t do it out of sympathy for the horse.

It was pure maliciousness on their part.

It’d be worth seeing the reaction of the person who leaked the photo if it’s just a slap on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Thud

Shemale wrote: »
    Sitting on it for a picture, ****ing it.

Humans are animals, Elliott sitting on your granny for a funny picture would be fine.

The same horse (and most others) probably gets dragged out, put on a truck and sent to dog food factory shortly after. At what point do you switch off the respect?

They are not pets and can’t be buried in a shoe box in your garden.

Whoever leaked the picture didn’t do it out of sympathy for the horse.

It was pure maliciousness on their part.

It’d be worth seeing the reaction of the person who leaked the photo if it’s just a slap on the wrist.

Damage has been done re. sponsors and owners. It worked essentially.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Jackben75

Advertisement