Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

As I said yesterday, nphet should just be part of the representation at the press conference. It should be led by our government representatives, with various other sectors the conference is addressing present.
    Minutes should also be published online so people can read through the text of the conference instead of listening to the doom and gloom, we cannot even see the graphs properly 12 months in. Yesterday’s little graph presentation re how calling to peoples houses to have a cup of tea will spread covid to every house in the neighbourhood has backfired badly. I’ve heard people who previously liked to point fingers at others say, ‘Now they’re trying to stop us having a cup of tea, what next’.

The virus used to love alcohol but now it loves tea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Why on earth is there another NPHET press conference

This is ridiculous

I'm wondering is it because of the backlash against the comments last night? We all know the "two weeks are crucial" has been spouted for over a year now and pissed people off, but judging by the responses on social media to RTE tweeting that video clip of Glynn last night, we have turned a corner... (to steal another overused phrase by the media)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

They'll dust off the worry index next.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Some of the stuff I've seen written about Ronan Glynn is disgraceful, based on one clip taken in isolation.

The government have completely hung him out to dry here. He shouldn't be answering those questions, yet he's forced to because the government want nothing to do with it.

Where the f*ck is the Health Minister? That tells you everything you need to know.

Now Ronan Glynn is putting himself in the firing line again with another press conference tonight and the government are just going to sit back and let him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

MD1990 wrote: »
    there should be an initiative or social media campaign heading into the summer for people to meet outside & do things outside.

Let some amateur sports back as well. Doing things outdoors is the way forward until more are vaccinated.

This. A much more positive approach which would get people back on side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Faugheen wrote: »
    Some of the stuff I've seen written about Ronan Glynn is disgraceful, based on one clip taken in isolation.

The government have completely hung him out to dry here. He shouldn't be answering those questions, yet he's forced to because the government want nothing to do with it.

Where the f*ck is the Health Minister? That tells you everything you need to know.

Now Ronan Glynn is putting himself in the firing line again with another press conference tonight and the government are just going to sit back and let him.

Not surprised there. Our leadership is totally spineless.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Monster249

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Not surprised there. Our leadership is totally spineless.

Yeah, weaker than tea with no teabag.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

No doubt we're at a critical juncture. The next two weeks are crucial.

"We are concerned that people aren't concerned enough" and other trite commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

you'd find more balls in a round of golf. (government)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Why on earth is there another NPHET press conference

This is ridiculous

Clark Kent loves the cameras and wants to tell us to hold firmer than normal this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Not going to need a workforce if we continue with the financially reckless carry on with these lockdowns.

Economies recover. Dead people don’t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

You are right, but nobody is forcing NPHET to do these pointless press releases.

Economies recover. Dead people don’t

What a ridiculous comment, I'll respond with the equally ridiculous comment that people die eventually anyway so why bother trying to save them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

is_that_so wrote: »

I wonder how much of that will ultimately be collected.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Can people please just hold firm for another indefinite period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭greenheep

is_that_so wrote: »

466 fines for organising a house party, but only 1842 for attending one. So that's an average of 4 guests per party, hardly mad sessions :pac: I guess some guests could be ducking out the back door.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

507 new cases, 10 further deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Monster249 wrote: »
    What a ridiculous comment, I'll respond with the equally ridiculous comment that people die eventually anyway so why bother trying to save them.

No not equal at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

h2005 wrote: »
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/coronavirus-r-rate-school-closures-lockdown-lancet-study-b1251617.html?__twitter_impression=true

Are we finally going to admit that schools lead to a significant hike in numbers? Once we do that at least we can begin the conversation on how we approach it (mitigate or choose to live with it). The nonsense of denying this is getting us nowhere and is only causing division.

This is spot on. We tried the block your ears and say la la la approach. Let's get real then we might actually get a handle on it. It's fairly obvious at this stage.

attach.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Can people please just hold firm for another indefinite period of time.

Especially with the sun out we need to stay firmly on the couch and not be tempted outside where other people are.

Sconsey wrote: »
    No not equal at all.

Yes it is, equal in it's stupidity and simplistic, blanket nature.

Yes it is, equal in it's stupidity and simplistic, blanket nature.

Says the guy coming out with a blanket statement about us not needing a workforce, talk about stupid and simplistic.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

NufcNavan wrote: »
    You are right, but nobody is forcing NPHET to do these pointless press releases.

Nobody is, but they wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't.

Should they just do what the government are doing and hide away and don't take any questions or show their faces? That's going to do nothing.

NPHET are the only ones putting themselves out there, and anyone in this thread who thinks Ronan Glynn wants the spotlight needs to compare how he looks to a year ago. He looks shattered. With him having a young family I'd say he's someone who can't wait for all of this to be over more than anyone in this thread.

Sconsey wrote: »
    Says the guy coming out with a blanket statement about us not needing a workforce, talk about stupid and simplistic.

What are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,315 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Nobody is, but they wouldn't be doing their job if they didn't.

Should they just do what the government are doing and hide away and don't take any questions or show their faces? That's going to do nothing.

NPHET are the only ones putting themselves out there, and anyone in this thread who thinks Ronan Glynn wants the spotlight needs to compare how he looks to a year ago. He looks shattered. With him having a young family I'd say he's someone who can't wait for all of this to be over more than anyone in this thread.

If they are all so shattered, maybe once a week would be sufficient to repeat the same message that's been the message for the last six months.

Everyone knows what covid is. Everyone knows what does and doesn't cause spread..

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Not going to need a workforce if we continue with the financially reckless carry on with these lockdowns.
    What are you talking about?

Well shoot, I was actually talking about the dumb quote above which somenone else responded to, which you didn't like, which I then didn't like which you then didn't like which I still don't like.

You were not the start of it, I mistakenly thought you were, apologies for the 'blanket statement' dig.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Can NIAC decide that the Russian or Chinese vaccine is good to go and can be used in Ireland?
    Or can only the EMA decide these things? If so what’s the point in NIAC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Micheal Martin can fvck right off too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement