Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXIII-231,484 ROI(4,610 deaths)116,197 NI (2,107 deaths)(23/03)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Monster249

tom1ie wrote: »
    Kids educations are more important than young adults outlook on things who already have gained their education.
    It’s extremely hard for all involved but there has to be a hierarchy.

Who is anyone to say that kids going to school physically rather than remotely is more important than restoring the livelyhoods of hundreds of thousands of adults, many of whom have kids and families of their own who's lives have been destroyed by these restrictions?

Neither is quantifiable anyway so this is all down to opinion and the Government share yours so anything I say is pointless!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Kids educations are more important than young adults outlook on things who already have gained their education.
    It’s extremely hard for all involved but there has to be a hierarchy.

The hierachy is the same as ever, young adults get **** on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

rusty cole wrote: »
    Hang on, we can all be quite the wiki wonder, of course I know this, I'm as clever as you think I am stupid. So we agree Ronan has a great CV and then so has dolores Cahill and so have many others who don't sit on NPHET and yet anyone outside of the court de jour is labelled a heretic. The question is why do these people of great standing and medical prominence, decide to flush their achievements away over what most on here call, a Threat to national health.
    It doesn't add up and yet neither does a lot of the NPHET measures either...

separately, can I send you my CV? you'd do well in public relations and promotions.;)

I don't need Wiki, Glynn has worked with a number of friends of mine. Dolores Cahill's CV is inferior to Ronan Glynn's in medicine terms. But that's immaterial to the matter, her views are at odds to the rest of medical community (and that of her employer), that's her problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Monster249 wrote: »
    Who is anyone to say that kids going to school physically rather than remotely is more important than restoring the livelyhoods of hundreds of thousands of adults, many of whom have kids and families of their own who's lives have been destroyed by these restrictions?

Neither is quantifiable anyway so this is all down to opinion and the Government share yours so anything I say is pointless!

Yeah it’s my opinion, but can you honestly say the needs of a 6 year olds education do not outweigh a twenty something with a degree, who is waiting for the economy to open back up to get a job?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

No word yet on restarting AZ. Apparently there'll be a press conference at 5.30 about it. A full working day wasted. Unbelievable.

• Advertisement

icebabycc wrote: »
    In what way? He Graduated as a physio and done a masters in oncology

Dolores has done a degree in Molecular Genetics and has PhD in Immunology, she co-founded a biotechnology company, has research, publication and patent record high content protein/antibody arrays and their biomedical applications.

She might be a nut case, but she's alot more qualified in the field of virology, alot more.

As my post says, inferior in Medicine terms. The other poster was trying to espouse Cahill's medical credentials, but what you've listed are scientific qualifications more than medical. A virology qualification is not a public health qualification.

You've left out most of Glynn's qualifications for some reason, and got 1 of the 2 you listed wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

namloc1980 wrote: »
    No word yet on restarting AZ. Apparently there'll be a press conference at 5.30 about it. A full working day wasted. Unbelievable.

Do you not understand? It's not about the deaths that could be prevented by making sure the vaccine gets out there into people's arms.

It's about the Irish authorities examining the issue, and considering things, and making decisions that make it look like they are the one's making assessments, not just relying on the real experts elsewhere.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭Hooked

Only a day...

They wasted a BLOODY YEAR and did nothing of note with the hospitals (capacity).

This virus is nowhere near as deadly as our piss-poor health system would have us believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

In what way? He Graduated as a physio and done a masters in oncology

Dolores has done a degree in Molecular Genetics and has PhD in Immunology, she co-founded a biotechnology company, has research, publication and patent record high content protein/antibody arrays and their biomedical applications.

She might be a nut case, but she's alot more qualified in the field of virology, alot more.

She sounds like an anti Luke O'neill that has been corrupted by the Dark side :eek:

source.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Did you not hear . These things take time . Only in Ireland though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭almostover

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    From Mirror

Tullamore in Co Offaly now has the worst rate of Covid-19 in Ireland with a 14-day incidence of just below 500.

Latest figures show that the 14-day incidence rate for Covid-19 cases per 100,000 of the population is 150.8 - but the Offaly town dwarfs that.

Leitrim, Kerry and Cork, are among the best counties, with their incidence rates far below the average, at less than 50 per 100,000.

It comes after Deputy Chief Medical Officer Dr Ronan Glynn insisted on Thursday that the country will continue to take a cautious approach to reopening the country.

Sister's BF is from Tullamore, let's just say our good old friends in the meat processing industry have a lot to answer for

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Pull primary? As in close primary schools for children in their formative years who already have had stop start schooling since March 2020?
    That what ya mean?

Yes. If cases continue to plateau or increase, I think it might be necessary if we're to actually get out of this never ending lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Yep for sure, 1 whole working day will make such a difference as well over the course of this vaccination program

Yep for sure, 1 whole working day will make such a difference as well over the course of this vaccination program

Yeah no rush . How many have died on average a day ?

She sounds like an anti Luke O'neill that has been corrupted by the Dark side :eek:

source.gif

Yeah, her background is much more similar to Luke O'Neill. So you're actually fairly spot on here. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

Anger is growing at the June and "do more" comments yesterday.

I think the government will be forced into some lifting of restrictions on 5 April (construction etc). People have had enough.

https://twitter.com/OwenCallan/status/1372943058216566784

Amirani wrote: »
    I don't need Wiki, Glynn has worked with a number of friends of mine. Dolores Cahill's CV is inferior to Ronan Glynn's in medicine terms. But that's immaterial to the matter, her views are at odds to the rest of medical community (and that of her employer), that's her problem.

Jenner was at odds with the established community, so was Christopher Columbus FFS, so was William Harvey and even Mendelev... People have been burned to death and tortured for having opposing views so what.
    I dont care if the police commissioner goes to Comicon every year, if they do their job that's fine with me. No matter what she says, unless she is breaking the law herself, she's free to say what we are free to ignore. If she's that mad and dangerous, she'd have been arrested on the day. She seem eccentric to me and maybe fragile even. and like your friends best friends brothers Cats besty.. I'll tip my hat to your view he is superior when it comes to the crunch...Time will tell I guess.

Well in reality now they've left it to late on a Friday evening, it's going to be into next week before they get going. But shur what harm I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭CoronaBlocker

Just back from walking on my local beach... where I was stopped by a guard - in full uniform - and asked for my address (for the record I live about 500 meters, as the crow flies, from where we were at that exact moment).

I'm still going to respect the virus and protect others but we're all damned if this is the way it's going to be now. I'm absolutely furious.

This was on the bloody beach! The wide open air! Even though it's pretty busy today, relatively speaking, there are still a good 50 meters and more between different parties. I go to the beach for some gentle exercise and fresh air and to get away from this damn world for an hour... and now I'm getting stopped there by the guards for it??

I've come home absolutely seething. Genuinely furious. I've lost (3) family members. I have no more family now. I've lost my job. I've lost a relationship because of this damn thing. Now I can't even walk on my own fcuking beach without getting hassled?

That was the only way I could get away from it all. And now it seems I don't even have that.

• Advertisement

Why on earth is there another NPHET press conference

This is ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 24,315 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

titan18 wrote: »
    At this stage I think continue with what's there til Easter, since that's only next Friday for their holidays but maybe unless cases come down, just let it at LC to go back and pull Primary.

Could the record get more broken at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

almostover wrote: »
    Sister's BF is from Tullamore, let's just say our good old friends in the meat processing industry have a lot to answer for
    Is that her analysis? Theyve caused trouble before

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭cjyid

This is ridiculous

Yeah, once a week is enough as it is. Can't wait to be told to do "a little bit more" again.:rolleyes:

cjyid wrote: »
    Yeah, once a week is enough as it is. Can't wait to be told to do "a little bit more" again.:rolleyes:

"Hold firm" and that depleted bank balance from several months without employment will magically restore itself to former glory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

I can't help but feel the nightly NPHET sermons are doing a lot more harm than good at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

there should be an initiative or social media campaign heading into the summer for people to meet outside & do things outside.

Let some amateur sports back as well. Doing things outdoors is the way forward until more are vaccinated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Yes, pretty much

Facebook has a lot to answer for.

MD1990 wrote: »
    there should be an initiative or social media campaign heading into the summer for people to meet outside & do things outside.

Let some amateur sports back as well. Doing things outdoors is the way forward until more are vaccinated.

Our leaders in NPHET don't agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

This is ridiculous

As I said yesterday, nphet should just be part of the representation at the press conference. It should be led by our government representatives, with various other sectors the conference is addressing present.
    Minutes should also be published online so people can read through the text of the conference instead of listening to the doom and gloom, we cannot even see the graphs properly 12 months in. Yesterday’s little graph presentation re how calling to peoples houses to have a cup of tea will spread covid to every house in the neighbourhood has backfired badly. I’ve heard people who previously liked to point fingers at others say, ‘Now they’re trying to stop us having a cup of tea, what next’.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement