Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell - Feb 7th to 13th 2021 - Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Kermit must be warming his mittens..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Pretty much set in stone that we'll see snow and some serious eough cold. For how long, that's up in the air. I'm predicting some disruptive snow, especially in Dublin and surrounding counties. Mid to late next week has potential with Atlantic fronts for some possible severe snow events

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Once again Cork looks marginal? Correct? :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

leahyl wrote: »
    How do you mean again? We got more snow than anywhere in 2018 and in general have been doing well...
    It could go either way for Cork but in general looks as good as anywhere else

How do you mean again? We got more snow than anywhere in 2018 and in general have been doing well...

Well more often than not we don’t get snow, yes we got it in 2018 but it’s not like anytime there is a system that we get the biggest hit. Usually misses out on us. Cork is a big county and I suppose I'm referring to the city and suburbs. North Cork all nearly always get something.

• Advertisement

Not all the time
    Plenty of opportunities
    From an imby perspective this is more 2010 than 2018,though slightly less cold without being marginal
    Wind is Northeast so for shower fetch,you need to look Northeast to see how much water your fetch has
    Greater than 60kmhs of water brings good showers
    Double that or more along the east coast leading to much of the east getting streamers
    Its not due East like 2018 was,so shower distribution WILL be different

Regarding Cork, ahead of any Atlantic clash,a southeast flow would batter Cork but that's all too far ahead at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

More snow than anywhere in 2018?? Kildare, Wicklow and even Wexford got the most. Parts of Dublin got a lot too. I recall cork getting some but nowhere near what fell in the east

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Good man Matty ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,095 ✭✭✭pad199207

Met Eireann “Big Change” on the way with a cold spell coming

They have now mentioned it on Morning Ireland about this potential........MT will give it the green light also in about 10 minutes

• Advertisement

pad199207 wrote: »
    Met Eireann “Big Change” on the way with a cold spell coming

Yeah that Matthew Martin fellah on radio one,must be a coldie ;):p
    Sounded very chirpy as he declared heaven for bread suppliers there:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

Anyone else getting ads like this..
    I think the frog is profiting off all this :)

Screenshot-20210203-080040-Chrome.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

All set for tremendous battleground stuff next week. Very much 1947esque. I'd think Munster could get a lot of snow from the possible setups we are being shown. Shades of Feb 1978 snow down there. Leinster gets the early show Sunday/Monday. Almost within the reliable range now. Yesterday's low over SE UK and Holland not such a factor.

All set for tremendous battleground stuff next week. Very much 1947esque. I'd think Munster could get a lot of snow from the possible setups we are being shown. Shades of Feb 1978 snow down there. Leinster gets the early show Sunday/Monday. Almost within the reliable range now. Yesterday's low over SE UK and Holland not such a factor.

That’s why I’m still a little bit wary. That signal for that low could easily come back again to ruin things for us and a good part of S Britain. My hand was still on the fence on Monday but now it’s just the little finger grasping onto it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

That’s why I’m still a little bit weary. That signal for that low could easily come back again to ruin things for us and a good part of S Britain. My hand was still on the fence on Monday but now it’s just the little finger grasping onto it. :D

Weary or wary?!

Weary or wary?!

Coffee is just kicking in. Cut me some slack :D

Coffee is just kicking in. Cut me some slack :D

You could be both!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Easy now......

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Better get down to the hardware for snow shovels before the run on them starts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Our old friend Weathercheck was in his old boards.ie mode this morning giving the 7.55 forecast on radio 1 :D

• Advertisement

Ok who has hacked into your boards account?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Speak Now wrote: »
    Our old friend Weathercheck was in his old boards.ie mode this morning giving the 7.55 forecast on radio 1 :D

That's mad. Well done to him. We all know he likes his snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

They have now mentioned it on Morning Ireland about this potential........MT will give it the green light also in about 10 minutes

Would have been nice if he'd gone into a bit of detail;)

Word has it he still lurks in our midst.

Wait a minute, Weathercheck is a meterologist?! How did I miss this??!!

Wait a minute, Weathercheck is a meterologist?! How did I miss this??!!

Not sure he is a meterologist

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Zogabomb

Not sure he is a meterologist

Yep he is, for Met Eireann.

Zogabomb wrote: »
    Yep he is, for Met Eireann.

Oh ok, thought he was more of a fair weather reporter

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cw85

Is it time to remove the word Potential yet? ðŸ˜႒

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Humberto Salazar

Ok who has hacked into your boards account?

Ha ha, took my meds this morning, all looking good...

In all seriousness though, battleground does have the risk of milder weather washing out the cold from time to time. But it's risk v reward. The reward for snow lovers could be great. Could be, potentially yada yada...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement