Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Athletics 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Sacksian wrote: »
    Looking at the race, I just thought he was a bit busy in the last 600 or so when he started trying to take closer order, going out to lane 2 a couple of times without moving up much, back into lane 1 at the bell and then having to move out again on the home straight.

He knows how to pace a race, think he just got caught up with the bodies on the track, more to come, no doubt. The standard at the top in the 1500m in Europe is tough though.

Yes I'd agree that there's more to come.
    Just got it tactically wrong imo, should be well capable of going quicker that 3.42

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Ceepo wrote: »
    Yes I'd agree that there's more to come.
    Just got it tactically wrong imo, should be well capable of going quicker that 3.42

He was all over the place, hasn't raced in a long time, even longer for an indoor scrap. Did I imagine the n5 had a UCD top on.

I'm guessing it was luke.mccann, ran 3.44 last week

jamule wrote: »
    He was all over the place, hasn't raced in a long time, even longer for an indoor scrap. Did I imagine the n5 had a UCD top on.

100% UCD top on no5, sorry I can't identify the athlete though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭4Ad

Athletics live on youtube from Lievin tomorrow at 16.30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

4Ad wrote: »

Thanks for that! Sifan Hassan's first race of the season, will run the 3000m against Chepkoech and Krause. We've also got Reekie vs Hodgkinson in the 800m and Muir vs Tsegay in the 1500, so lots to look forward to.

jamule wrote: »
    I'm guessing it was luke.mccann, ran 3.44 last week

Spot on with your guess.
    Cathal Dennehy reporting Luke ran 3.43.15 just outside the euro qualifying time of 3.42.75

Starting at 19.15...not 16.30..

Starting at 19.15...not 16.30..

Here is a link ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3nT2c28c264

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭gavinoontheweb

• Advertisement

Jokeshop, FB stream cuts off at 1910 then the YT stream doesn't start until 1915. Missing the 800m B race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Jokeshop, FB stream cuts off at 1910 then the YT stream doesn't start until 1915. Missing the 800m B race.

YT seems much better

TbL

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

2:03.84 for Nadia Power. Btw her race was featured in the YouTube stream.

2:03.84 for Nadia Power. Btw her race was featured in the YouTube stream.

Yeah it was on a delay, great race from Power. Very aggressive getting up Jozwik's shoulder but kept it together well to finish 2nd. Held off former Euro champ Cichocka.

jaysus finn was strugging to keep the pace.

That women’s 3k was class!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

That women’s 3k was class!

TbL

That last lap just like you in the last 200m of a 5k!!!

Surprising loss for Hassan, but maybe forgiveable given it's her first race since October. Nice kick from Hailu, maybe one to watch.

Christ that young lad in the 1500m, could have run the last 100 metres backwards and still win it!!

TbL

Coscoran 5th in 3.37.2, shaving over .5 off his indoor PB and that time should go a long way to aiding his chance to grab an Olympic berth.

• Advertisement

Not a bad night out for Jakob! Hopefully edging closer to his first ever global medal. Tokyo wouldn't be a bad place to do it.

Great run from Cossie, he csn start to dream of tokyo.

This meet is delivering! Wale misses world record by 0.08.

What a 3000metre race. Ethiopian Wale wins in an astonishing 7.24.98
    8 hundreds of a second off the World Record.
    Jaysus

Almost a WR for the 3k!

Great stuff

Thanks for posting the link, great way to pass a lockdown evening. Very enjoyable

TbL

Another World record gone in ladies 1500mts by Tsegay..

Tsegay world record!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Laineyfrecks

Absolutely brilliant running!

Didn't see that coming from Tsegay, for someone that's always struggled with their finishing speed. Equivalent to a 4:10 mile, race to Tokyo just got very interesting.

• Advertisement

Great they got the Pom Pom girls from Nirvanas Smell Like Teen Spirit video to turn up !!

Advertisement