Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Athletics 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Coscoran is the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Great running there. Unusual to have such big winning margins indoors at that level. Muir blown away and still ran 3.59...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Ceepo wrote: »
    Great running there. Unusual to have such big winning margins indoors at that level. Muir blown away and still ran 3.59...

It was a great performance, but it left me cold. She wasn’t even breathing heavily crossing the finishing line.

I know she ran 3:54 in Doha, but I’m just incredulous that she blew Muir away in that manner, who herself ran brilliantly, going sub-4.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Well I think the gap between them was so profound because Laura initially held back, thinking Tsegay had been led out too hard and she was gonna come back to her. Laura was never running 3:53, but I think it could've been closer if she went out harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

The auld carbon plates spikes....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ceepo

The auld carbon plates spikes....

Tsegay was wearing Adidas Avanti by the looks of things. No carbon plate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭4Ad

https://youtu.be/06cV_j6-KTc

Live athletics from USA tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

4Ad wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/06cV_j6-KTc

Live athletics from USA tonight.

Thanks, do you have the program card?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Thanks, do you have the program card?

TbL

https://www.watchathletics.com/article/11329/start-lists-new-balance-indoor-grand-prix-2021

There ya go Sweetcheeks!!!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Mainly sprint events tonight so doesn't hold as much interest for me, but I'll give it a watch all the same. Be good to see Emma Coburn in what I think is her first race of the season. Don't think we'll be seeing any crazy fast time like in Lievin though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Mainly sprint events tonight so doesn't hold as much interest for me, but I'll give it a watch all the same. Be good to see Emma Coburn in what I think is her first race of the season. Don't think we'll be seeing any crazy fast time like in Lievin though.

I wouldn't rule out crazily fast times. A couple of University of Oregon guys ran 3:50 for the mile indoor last night (7th and 8th on the all-time indoor mile list), while the guy who finished 3rd ran 3:53 and then ran an 800 today in 1:45.

Everybody seems to be in great shape right now. It's just a weird time.

Siofra Cléirigh-Buttner is running in the women's 800m at it too, I think. And 5 Irish women have already ran under 2:05 today: Nadia Power, Iseult O'Donnell, Louise Shanahan, Katie Kirk, and Ciara Mageean... I saw on twitter that 5 Irish women have never run under 2:05 in an entire indoor season, so doing it one day shows how far depth in the event in Ireland has come on in the last 12-18 months. Will be very interesting to see how Siofra does.

[Edit: Damn it. Just saw the start lists - Siofra's in the 1500m]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Sacksian wrote: »
    Will be very interesting to see how Siofra does.

[Edit: Damn it. Just saw the start lists - Siofra's in the 1500m]

3rd in 4:09 - a PB and a Euro standard.

Did the stream only start part way through the meet?

TbL

Run img some strange (to me) distances, what’s the purpose of a 300 metres for example?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Run img some strange (to me) distances, what’s the purpose of a 300 metres for example?

TbL

One lap of most indoor tracks

MY BAD wrote: »
    One lap of most indoor tracks

I thought most of them are 200?

Great times for Purrier and Coburn there. Purrier 3rd or 4th on the all time list, Coburn 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

TbL

Good baseline for 400m runners early in the year.

Good test of strength for 200m runners

It's useful early season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Tiffany Porter wearing a mask for her race. Bizarre.

Great 1500 from the Australian

TbL

I thought a false start in the sprints was an automatic disqualification, there seemed to be some debate before they disqualified the woman sprinter with a “red card” What's the story?

TbL

• Advertisement

Andrew Coscoran running again tomorrow in Val-De-Reuil. Another stacked field by the sounds of it. Hopefully a link will be available.

Thanks again for the link keep them coming

Saves me having to watch **** like some masked singer dressed as a f’ing burger with Mrs TbL :)

TbL

Thanks again for the link keep them coming

Saves me having to watch **** like some masked singer dressed as a f’ing burger with Mrs TbL :)

TbL

Ah c’mon we don’t need to know what you see in the mirror with the missus...,,,

OOnegative wrote: »
    Ah c’mon we don’t need to know what you see in the mirror with the missus...,,,

Ceiling mirror I only see the bun...:)

TbL

https://youtu.be/dyj2SQ6BtFY

Beatrice Chepkoech broke Women’s Road 5k WR this morning in Monaco, races above.

https://www.watchathletics.com/schedule/watchlive/5461

Stream for today’s meet in l’Eure Val - de - Reuil.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 TeaTotal

Any able to find the timetable for event? Looking for Coscoran's race

TeaTotal wrote: »
    Any able to find the timetable for event? Looking for Coscoran's race

It’s in the link above!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

4.15 for finn, imagine its a pb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 TeaTotal

Thanks, don't know how I missed that.
    Good win for M. Finn in 1500m - 4:15