Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,231 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I outlined a comparison,Francie, a comparison to an SF person.

Now housing is a totally different kettle of pïss.

I think you will find I have never gotten involved in any debates to any serious thread or extent on that subject.

Now I know you have plenty of time to dredge through posts and you surely will, just to try to score an innocuous point .

I wish you the best of luck.

But don’t wreck the thread just to get a slap at the auld Brenner.

That’s all I ask.

Why the Brendi opprobrium for me though?

Another poster diverted to climate change and yet another switched to housing and all I did was reply to that poster and in comes the Battleship Brendi, all guns blazing, complaining about Lynn Boyland and somebody not from SF - Ruth Coppinger.
    Yet when somebody else from from another party gets mentioned Battleship Brendi goes into reverse thrust complaining about going off topic.

You think only you gets to deliver 'slaps' Brendi, I would say that is typical arrogance in the value of your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

No bother discussing housing on any political thread I reckon, as most party's have a policy on it and climate action also.
    We will have differing views on it as political party's have also.
    My own is that housing is costly, will remain so no matter whose in power, until the economy downturns.
    That's a fact of economic reality, and greed is a result of all that of course too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,502 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/bobby-storey-is-an-inspiration-says-former-sf-president-40565981.html

Nauseating stuff. One creep talking about another creep.

"Leo Varadkar might have Michael Collins and Micheal Martin may have Eamon de Valera — we have Bobby Storey and he’s done more for Irish freedom, peace and unity on this island than either Leo Varadkar or Micheal Martin,” said Mr Adams."

It would turn anyone's stomach to read that.

blanch152 wrote: »
    https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/politics/bobby-storey-is-an-inspiration-says-former-sf-president-40565981.html

Nauseating stuff. One creep talking about another creep.

"Leo Varadkar might have Michael Collins and Micheal Martin may have Eamon de Valera — we have Bobby Storey and he’s done more for Irish freedom, peace and unity on this island than either Leo Varadkar or Micheal Martin,” said Mr Adams."

It would turn anyone's stomach to read that.

Surely somebody so high up on the moral ground would have expressed nausea about the veneration of Collins and DeValera and condemned those who pose in front of pictures etc.

One might accuse you of 'selective nausea' if you haven't done that.

Surely somebody so high up on the moral ground would have expressed nausea about the veneration of Collins and DeValera and condemned those who pose in front of pictures etc.

One might accuse you of 'selective nausea' if you haven't done that.

Now I will need to see a doctor for the nausea having read that post.

There is nothing redeeming about Storey or Adams, two psychopathic creeps.

• Advertisement

Now I will need to see a doctor for the nausea having read that post.

There is nothing redeeming about Storey or Adams, two psychopathic creeps.

I'm sure that was your view before Adams tweered

If I was that nauseated I simply wouldn't be reading their tweets or looking at them venerating people who killed in war/conflicts.

If it genuinely upsets you that is. You seem to be selecting what to get nauseous about though as you have no discernible issue with selected others venerating. .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 989 ✭✭✭ineedeuro

I'm sure that was your view before Adams tweered

If I was that nauseated I simply wouldn't be reading their tweets or looking at them venerating people who killed in war/conflicts.

If it genuinely upsets you that is. You seem to be selecting what to get nauseous about though as you have no discernible issue with selected others venerating. .

Sure Adams is Sinn Fein, have to defend him over everything don't we?

ineedeuro wrote: »
    Sure Adams is Sinn Fein, have to defend him over everything don't we?

No defence of Adams in my post. There are questions about selective nausea though.

No defence of Adams in my post. There are questions about selective nausea though.

Nothing selective about the nausea. Storey was a criminal thug, Adams covered up for pedophiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Nothing selective about the nausea. Storey was a criminal thug, Adams covered up for pedophiles.

Plural? Who else did he protect - Mountbatton?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,297 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Who’s he mate ?

Collins killed and maimed...Eamo faciltated multiple abuses by sadists amd pedophiles alike.

But you select who to get nauseous about, as I said

Collins killed and maimed...Eamo faciltated multiple abuses by sadists amd pedophiles alike.

Start a thread about them in the History Forum, and put your theories out there, claiming they are equally as bad as Adams and Storey.

Because that is the first important difference, the legacy of Adams and Storey is a living legacy suffered every day by good people on this island who didn't deserve the horrors inflicted on them by those two creeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Start a thread about them in the History Forum, and put your theories out there, claiming they are equally as bad as Adams and Storey.

Because that is the first important difference, the legacy of Adams and Storey is a living legacy suffered every day by good people on this island who didn't deserve the horrors inflicted on them by those two creeps.

I'm sure the relatives of the 80+ republican prisoners executed by the Free State Government didn't deserve the horrors inflicted by Collins, Eoin Duffy & Co.

How do you square up what Michael Collins did on the eve of Bloody Sunday Blanch?

Good call, B.

Saying it like it is.

Then you get the waffle and whataboutery that is no way connected to the issue.

And people want these kind of people to run our country ?

No way Jose.

jm08 wrote: »
    I'm sure the relatives of the 80+ republican prisoners executed by the Free State Government didn't deserve the horrors inflicted by Collins, Eoin Duffy & Co.

How do you share up what Michael Collins did on the eve of Bloody Sunday Blanch?

As I suggested, take it to the History Forum, in my opinion, it is not relevant to the topic at hand.

Edit: P.S. I assume you are another one giving a free pass to Adams and Storey because some other historical figure did something.

You seem to be happy to try drag every name in Irish history through the mud to cover up for a couple of lads because they are part of a political party?

One of them who had no problem letting his niece get raped for years. Even tried to stop her getting justice.

You seem to be happy to try drag every name in Irish history through the mud to cover up for a couple of lads because they are part of a political party?

One of them who had no problem letting his niece get raped for years. Even tried to stop her getting justice.

I’m afraid those are the kind of folk we are dealing with here, Indeed.

Not nice people.

As I suggested, take it to the History Forum, in my opinion, it is not relevant to the topic at hand.

Edit: P.S. I assume you are another one giving a free pass to Adams and Storey because some other historical figure did something.

Not relevant. Of course it is. You have been found out engaging in selective nausea.

I'm thoroughly realistic about history.
    I don't engage in pretence about it. Some horrible and nasty things were done by people who found homes and veneration in nearly all pilitical parties on the island.

The denial of that is the immoral thing. Adams made a mistake with his brother that he owned up to. My opinion of that should be well known, I have offered it often enough.

• Advertisement

Sound of slates being lifted here………………

I'm thoroughly realistic about history.
    I don't engage in pretence about it. Some horrible and nasty things were done by people who found homes and veneration in nearly all pilitical parties on the island.

The denial of that is the immoral thing. Adams made a mistake with his brother that he owned up to. My opinion of that should be well known, I have offered it often enough.

Not really, you are using history as a reason for excusing behaviour now.
    Next you will be making excuses for genocide because "sure the Nazi's did it"

That's not how history works, you shouldn't look backwards and say it is ok to do it today because they done the same 100 years ago, we are supposed to advance with time, not just rinse and repeat. That's what the majority of the World expect.

Not really, you are using history as a reason for excusing behaviour now.
    Next you will be making excuses for genocide because "sure the Nazi's did it"

That's not how history works, you shouldn't look backwards and say it is ok to do it today because they done the same 100 years ago, we are supposed to advance with time, not just rinse and repeat. That's what the majority of the World expect.

No again. I am using history to highlighr somebody being selectivy nauseous.
    I made no comment on the act's

No again. I am using history to highlighr somebody being selectivy nauseous.
    I made no comment on the act's

Yes, it is extremely clear that you made no comment on the acts.

You think it is ok for Adams to cover up and protect pedophiles as he admitted in his own blog and for Storey to be a criminal thug because DeValera something something. As I suggested take your opinion that they are all the same to the History Forum, where here I will continue to talk about contemporary acts for current affairs, those that are still scarring real innocent people.

The thing is, you are not in the slightest nauseous at Storey and Adams, and that says a lot more than you think.

You think it is ok for Adams to cover up and protect pedophiles as he admitted in his own blog and for Storey to be a criminal thug because DeValera something something. As I suggested take your opinion that they are all the same to the History Forum, where here I will continue to talk about contemporary acts for current affairs, those that are still scarring real innocent people.

The thing is, you are not in the slightest nauseous at Storey and Adams, and that says a lot more than you think.

Cannot argue with that, well said Blanch.

:) and that would be another NO.

I said what Adams did was wrong and a huge mistake and I said at the time, on here, that he should have taken the opportunity to resign at that point.

I have never made any comment on here about what Storey did, or Collins or DeValera in respect of conflict/war.

What I was doing was calling out selective nausea which is as bad as the selective use of victims.

But you don't seem to get that.

BTW, As Adams has now left the political stage and Storey has left the living world, these are subjects that should also be in the History Forum surely.

:) and that would be another NO.

I said what Adams did was wrong and a huge mistake and I said at the time, on here, that he should have taken the opportunity to resign at that point.

I have never made any comment on here about what Storey did, or Collins or DeValera in respect of conflict/war.

What I was doing was calling out selective nausea which is as bad as the selective use of victims.

But you don't seem to get that.

BTW, As Adams has now left the political stage and Storey has left the living world, these are subjects that should also be in the History Forum surely.

The victims of Adams and Storey are still living on with the reprecussions. Disgusting that you refuse to condemn.

The victims of Adams and Storey are still living on with the reprecussions. Disgusting that you refuse to condemn.

There are victims all over this island and beyond. I have condemned it as 'all wrong from the start'...something I haven't heard you say.

But you are good at selecting victims and stuff to get nauseous about, I'll give you that.

There are victims all over this island and beyond. I have condemned it as 'all wrong from the start'...something I haven't heard you say.

But you are good at selecting victims and stuff to get nauseous about, I'll give you that.

Yes, go after the anonymous internet poster and make it their fault so that Adams and friends get a pass.

• Advertisement

Having tried to force SF to give into the DUP on the ILA and getting out maneuvered, Colum Eastwood throws the toys out of the pram in the HOC and make the kind of strategic gaff with nationalists that seemed to be the preserve of the DUP.

Funny how nationalists getting what has been agreed to sends so many into a tailspin.

https://twitter.com/columeastwood/status/1407366592170762243

Advertisement