Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 3) Mod Notes and Threadbanned List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,259 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fann Linn wrote: »
    All politics is triumphalism. Why are you here shouting down the Shinners otherwise whilst defending staunchly your FG party regardless of all its scandals.

Lots of bitterness about this, not just in the DUP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

There seems to be a pattern developing now of the PM imposing solutions over DUP objections.
    That won't bode well for unionism in general and devolved administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,680 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Did you think Boris would have brought in a Sea border after what was said and what happened?

If the British think it is expedient it will happen. If it doesn't then it is just more win win for nationalists.

Stop and think of the absolute bind the Unionists have gotten themselves into here.

Well Francie, I don't claim to understand Unionists entirely but clearly I know a damn sight more about them than you! And since you're continuously spinning your opinions on such matters, you'd kinda think that you'd have gathered a better insight by now or what will fly and what won't fly with our unionist neighbours.

Of course, looked at from a SF POV this is a good move, get one up on Poots and his buddies. Drive division and so on.

But just lengthens the day to an agreed UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,680 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

blanch152 wrote: »
    Ah yes, the ultimate prize is getting one-up on them-ums.

And so the NI merry-go-round continues. Both sides as bad as each other.

They're both a blight on the ordinary good people of this island.

Furze99 wrote: »
    Well Francie, I don't claim to understand Unionists entirely but clearly I know a damn sight more about them than you! And since you're continuously spinning your opinions on such matters, you'd kinda think that you'd have gathered a better insight by now or what will fly and what won't fly with our unionist neighbours.

Of course, looked at from a SF POV this is a good move, get one up on Poots and his buddies. Drive division and so on.

Was it you earlier who was suggesting there was no way Westminster could introduce the legislation?

If so, can you explain that first?

If not...feck off with the 'drive division' accusations. You look for equal rights because division already exists.

Equal rights heal division. 2006 this was first agreed and has been blocked and blocked again....but the Shinners are 'driving division'.

Jesus H.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,293 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Fann Linn wrote: »
    All politics is triumphalism. Why are you here shouting down the Shinners otherwise whilst defending staunchly your FG party regardless of all its scandals.

That shows how much you know. And it's very little.

Was it you earlier who was suggesting there was no way Westminster could introduce the legislation?

If so, can you explain that first?

If not...feck off with the 'drive division' accusations. You look for equal rights because division already exists.

Equal rights heal division. 2006 this was first agreed and has been blocked and blocked again....but the Shinners are 'driving division'.

Jesus H.

What you and others haven't realised is that SF have run out of road on excuses now. They have always pointed to the DUP as "belligerents", but if once we get an Irish Languages Act, SF will have to stop its pretence of not owning what the Executive does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

It seems it's SF bad = SF bad, DUP bad = SF and DUP bad.

DUP dragged their heels because they don't want an equal society. The idea of Catholics/nationalists being treated equally is abhorrent to them. Looks like the DUP are imploding. A good thing for the different communities and minorities in the north.

What you and others haven't realised is that SF have run out of road on excuses now. They have always pointed to the DUP as "belligerents", but if once we get an Irish Languages Act, SF will have to stop its pretence of not owning what the Executive does.

SF always were responsible for their part in the unique thing the Executive in NI was.

The problem is that you held only them responsible.

Even, on a red letter day for anyone who cherishes equal rights, you are trying to make them the villains of the piece.

Pathetic, anti-Irish anti-equal rights and may I say, predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

When will the people on the street start to see the benifit from this 15 year hard fought struggle?

• Advertisement

When will the people on the street start to see the benifit from this 15 year hard fought struggle?

They are watching a political party mired in sectarian religiously bigoted policy and rump of the former sectarian state implode in front of their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I know you claim to be GP. I'll leave the rest to your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭drdidlittle

They are watching a political party mired in sectarian religiously bigoted policy and rump of the former sectarian state implode in front of their eyes.

The whole issue of NI summed up in less than 25 words.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The whole issue of NI summed up in less than 25 words.

Absolutely. And that is 100% on the Unionists.

It astounds me that so many forget what this conflict is and was actually about. The only reason a conflict ever existed at all is because one segment of the population thought they had some kind of overarching moral right to better jobs, better education and better housing, because the way they interpret the Bible is slightly different to the way others interpret it.

There would never have been a Troubles if they had just introduced the democratic, social, and economic equality NICRA had spent years calling for in the first place. Quite frankly, I find it very very difficult to accept any argument that DUP voters whose primary objective in voting DUP isn't to retain that institutionalised demographic superiority and social authoritarianism are anything other than a tiny, tiny, tiny majority.

Unionism was never about national affiliation or even religious affiliation, it was about preserving the culture of "our crowd are treated better than the other crowd, and we deserve that so we'll fight for it".

On their centenary anniversary. How fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭CDarby

Your not a fine gael man? Seriously like, your posts seriously misrepresent yourself. Maybe time to think about a nice signature or a tagline clarifying that, surely that poster above is not the first to misunderstand you lol.

CDarby wrote: »
    Your not a fine gael man? Seriously like, your posts seriously misrepresent yourself. Maybe time to think about a nice signature or a tagline clarifying that, surely that poster above is not the first to misunderstand you lol.

Sure we're all Green Party on here. Myself, Francie, McMurphy, not sure about Brenners but even Davy lurking around here is in the GP!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,160 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Furze99 wrote: »

That’s what these guys love F.

‘Sit down’ and dance on the head of a pin for as long as it takes.

That’s the idea…. Drag everything out to the nth degree, shure aren’t the Brits paying.

That’s the whole idea.

CDarby wrote: »

Eh, nope. Not aligned to any party, voted Green in the last two elections. The climate issue is the biggest one facing the country. Deep hatred of Sinn Fein and the support of violence that they stand for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Eh, nope. Not aligned to any party, voted Green in the last two elections. The climate issue is the biggest one facing the country. Deep hatred of Sinn Fein and the support of violence that they stand for.

Are you trying to claim that Mary Lou McDonnell supports violence and thats why you hate Sinn Fein?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 339 ✭✭guy2231

The climate issue is the biggest issue facing the country, give it a rest would you blanch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

guy2231 wrote: »
    The climate issue is the biggest issue facing the country, give it a rest would you blanch.

He is right to an extent. Its the one of biggest causes of spiralling costs of housing anyways.

He is right to an extent. Its the one of biggest causes of spiralling costs of housing anyways.

No, that's greed.

No, that's greed.
    No,thats Lynn Boylan trying every which way to back into yet another high paid job funded by the taxpayer.

Like Coppinger, when the electorate see through you, hop back to the teaching job and wait for the next ‘opportunity’.

Different strokes Francie, different outlooks.

No,thats Lynn Boylan trying every which way to back into yet another high paid job funded by the taxpayer.

Like Coppinger, when the electorate see through you, hop back to the teaching job and wait for the next ‘opportunity’.

Different strokes Francie, different outlooks.

Or maybe they could work for Big Tobacco or 'hop back' into their barrister job? Those kind of 'different strokes, different outlooks' Brendi?

By the way, back on topic, would you agree 'climate change' is not the cause of dearer houses, greed in exploiting climate change is?

Scrolls up to top……

Checks thread subject……

Notes it’s a Sinn Féin thread…….

Plenty of ‘housing’ threads……

Suggests use one of those to find out the answer…….

Scrolls up to top……

Checks thread subject……

Notes it’s a Sinn Féin thread…….

Plenty of ‘housing’ threads……

Suggests use one of those to find out the answer…….

So why no vitriol for the poster who introduced 'climate change' or is it maybe that you don't want to compare and contrast motivations for getting into politics?

*Ruth Coppinger isn't in SF, either last time I looked, didn't you notice that when you 'checked thread subject'? This poster thinks you maybe don't want the conversation to go the way it is. Shot yourself in the old foot as they say. :)

So why no vitriol for the poster who introduced 'climate change' or is it maybe that you don't want to compare and contrast motivations for getting into politics?

*Ruth Coppinger isn't in SF, either last time I looked, didn't you notice that when you 'checked thread subject'? This poster thinks you maybe don't want the conversation to go the way it is. Shot yourself in the old foot as they say. :)

Francie, at the same auld rubbish again

I never said Coppinger was SF..

Francie, you once again in an effort to ‘score pathetic points’ have interpreted post wrongly.You inferred from the post that that’s what I meant

It’s very annoying to the genuine poster to have to deal with that kind of a posting strategy, very annoying indeed

But I suppose that’s inbuilt into a certain coterie of folk.

Francie, at the same auld rubbish again

I never said Coppinger was SF..

Francie, you once again in an effort to ‘score pathetic points’ have interpreted post wrongly.You inferred from the post that that’s what I meant

It’s very annoying to the genuine poster to have to deal with that kind of a posting strategy, very annoying indeed

But I suppose that’s inbuilt into a certain coterie of folk.

:D So you introduced Ruth to the conversation as another poster introduced climate change.

Yet no ire for that poster, just a bitchy, 'I don't want to talk about this anymore' response when the conversation turned on FG.

Predictable posting strategy's eh? :):):)

• Advertisement

:D So you introduced Ruth to the conversation as another poster introduced climate change.

Yet no ire for that poster, just a bitchy, 'I don't want to talk about this anymore' response when the conversation turned on FG.

Predictable posting strategy's eh? :):):)

I outlined a comparison,Francie, a comparison to an SF person.

Now housing is a totally different kettle of pïss.

I think you will find I have never gotten involved in any debates to any serious thread or extent on that subject.

Now I know you have plenty of time to dredge through posts and you surely will, just to try to score an innocuous point .

I wish you the best of luck.

But don’t wreck the thread just to get a slap at the auld Brenner.

That’s all I ask.

Advertisement