Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

I formed my opinions on Trump based on his actions, his words, his behaviour, his tweets, his confidants, his record.

I've probably watched a total of 10 hours of CNN programmes in the last 5 years and have definitely watched more Fox than any other 'MSM' as you guys like to call it.

Never before has so much of a Presidents words and thoughts been broadcast live. It's time to stop blaming the news stations for broadcasting the crazy actions and words of someone who was unfit for the office.

Him being gone should do yourself and Overheal the world of good anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,129 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Now that the story in CNN is patently true, do you care to retract the rubbishing of the story and accept that a politician welcomed the idea of murdering a fellow politician?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,275 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is doing quite a lot of people the world of good. No more worrying about what piece of utter stupidity and/or criminality he will come out with next.

America. It will do America the world of good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,166 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Comparing CNN to Qanon is an interesting angle

Did someone actually do this? What drugs were involved (was going to ask 'and where can I get some?' but not sure that's something even I would touch)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Cnn reporting 1/3 of Senators voted against impeaching trump.
    Only 5 republicans crossed the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Did someone actually do this? What drugs were involved (was going to ask 'and where can I get some?' but not sure that's something even I would touch)
    Previous page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

Making Democrats cry again when they fail to impeach him again. And go RINO hunting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    Making Democrats cry again when they fail to impeach him again. And go RINO hunting.
    They've already impeached him :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,443 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Erm, I have some bad news for you, he's already been impeached.....twice!

• Advertisement

The number of Trumpists who don't know the difference between impeachment and criminal conviction is impressive I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Are you still stuck somewhere around July of last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I think the republicans are just trying to figure out the starting point for the voting numbers, and gauging reaction, which is a pretty cowardly way to do things. Will be interesting to see the evidence go on display, and see them squirm in their support.

The dems don't have the numbers to impeach, but have control and can end things where they like, which means airing all of trump's dirty laundry and then making the GOP senators vote to support him. It's a stick they can beat them with for all future election races.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Wildlife Actor

This is literally the equivalent of a jury stating before the trial begins that they will acquit the accused. You would be removed and replaced immediately. They're shameless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

The number of Trumpists who don't know the difference between impeachment and criminal conviction is impressive I must say.

Sadly, it is not remotely surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,576 ✭✭✭✭briany

What's worse, though, really? Aggressively pushing a lie that the election was stolen, and riling up a mob of your own supporters to go down to the US Capitol and 'encourage' those inside to overturn the results, leading to violence.

... Or getting a blowjob from a chubby intern?

Because the Republicans have to make out like they're impartial and principled, but also pretend that one of those issues impeachable and one isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,166 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

briany wrote: »
    What's worse, though, really? Aggressively pushing a lie that the election was stolen, and riling up a mob of your own supporters to go down to the US Capitol and 'encourage' those inside to overturn the results, leading to violence.

Because the Republicans have to make out like they're impartial and principled, but also pretend that one of those issues impeachable and one isn't.

I really don't think they're even trying to make it look like they're impartial.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Erm, I have some bad news for you, he's already been impeached.....twice!

Yes, but without the Senate conviction it's just an empty gesture with no legal ramifications. It means nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

President of the world no less

everlast75 wrote: »
    Read a newspaper ffs.

Pence was supposed to stop the certification.

He didn't.

Then trump blamed him.

Then literally moments later, the mob start calling out looking for Pence.

There's footage. Look it up.

So, according to you, the idea that a republican could call for the death of a politician is ridiculous?

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1354175549120376832?s=19

In which I demonstrate that a politician can call for the killing of another
    CNN?..

Haha.. ah yeah.. reasonable journalism alright..

They, and a lot of ye, are the opposite side of the same coin as the Q crowd..

In which you rubbish the story because it is CNN

(And compare CNN to Qanon - which on its face is frankly ridiculous)

In which I provide proof that the story is credible
    Now that the story in CNN is patently true, do you care to retract the rubbishing of the story and accept that a politician welcomed the idea of murdering a fellow politician?

In which I ask you to admit that you were wrong to rubbish a story automatically because the story doesn't suit your narrative.

Now, are you on here to debate in good faith? If so, the grown up thing to do would be to admit that you were wrong on this occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

He'll probably buy fox news or they will give him his own show which would be hilarious, either way he will keep himself busy with all his business interests across the globe ,I can't see him running again i don't think his ego could cope with the disdain and constant hatred thrown at him from half of Americans and the media some of it he brought on himself some of it he didn't.

Buy Fox News :confused::confused: With what money? I know that Fox News is a ****show of a channel but how much do you think its worth? $10?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,443 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Buy Fox News :confused::confused: With what money? I know that Fox News is a ****show of a channel but how much do you think its worth? $10?

And no way Murdoch would sell it to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

rossie1977 wrote: »
    President of the world no less

Shameless, little bootlicking Goebbelses

https://twitter.com/OrinKerr/status/1354394027727065089?s=19

Either the GOP will fracture or it will be assimilated by Trump's cult.

Interesting times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

https://twitter.com/OrinKerr/status/1354394027727065089?s=19

Either the GOP will fracture or it will be assimilated by Trump's cult.

Interesting times ahead.

I think it's a foregone conclusion

“These people have become petty and vindictive and really are not honoring the guy that is the only good thing to happen to the Republican Party in the last four cycles,” [Lou] Dobbs claimed, while notably ignoring the large Congressional majorities the party won without Trump in 2010 and 2014 and the House Democratic “blue wave” in 2018 when he was president. “Think about it. They lost in 2008. They lost in 2012. They would have lost in 2016. And they did lose this year because the Republican Party forgot who was the true leader.”

https://www.mediaite.com/radio/lou-dobbs-republicans-lost-in-2020-because-the-party-forgot-who-was-the-true-leader/

Overheal wrote: »
    I think it's a foregone conclusion

“These people have become petty and vindictive and really are not honoring the guy that is the only good thing to happen to the Republican Party in the last four cycles,” [Lou] Dobbs claimed, while notably ignoring the large Congressional majorities the party won without Trump in 2010 and 2014 and the House Democratic “blue wave” in 2018 when he was president. “Think about it. They lost in 2008. They lost in 2012. They would have lost in 2016. And they did lose this year because the Republican Party forgot who was the true leader.”

https://www.mediaite.com/radio/lou-dobbs-republicans-lost-in-2020-because-the-party-forgot-who-was-the-true-leader/

I don't think it is in doubt the GOP is fracturing. My question is will it still exist or will it ultimately be taken over.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,963 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't think it is in doubt the GOP is fracturing. My question is will it still exist or will it ultimately be taken over.

Taken over. A party with compromised morals, by someone even more Machiavellian

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

briany wrote: »

In and of itself it was a sh**y way for Clinton to behave. But obviously it isn't comparable to the effect Trump has had.

The needless 'chubby' remark there is a little disconcerting for some reason.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

In and of itself it was a sh**y way for Clinton to behave. But obviously it isn't comparable to the effect Trump has had.

The needless 'chubby' remark there is a little disconcerting for some reason.

The reason is misogyny.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭yagan

It could also happen that the radicals will push more moderate republicans into abstaining or switching, which could flip even more states Democrat, like Georgia in the Senate.

The UK is different in that Britain was always biased against European cooperation, so to say the Tories were taken over by UKip isn't entirely correct when UKip were a Tory faction to begin with. Labour also had a UKip faction.

The gallows erected outside the capitol left no one in doubt that at the core of this mob was the old traditional KKK, old civil war traditionalist who rode on the coattails of a narcissist president who circumvented the traditional political path via the new social media, the greatest communications revolution since the printing press.

Like the lady with the "Don't Tread on Me" flag got trampled to death, the Trump mob will get overrun by the forces established to defend the constitution they tried to overthrow.

20% of the identified insurrectionists may be ex military, but I reckon a good portion of them were already old south traditionalists who didn't like seeing minorities getting ahead.

Advertisement