Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

There were a lot of irregularities in that election..
    Between keeping people out of the count and covering the windows to the sudden vote jumps to the lowest number of counties to the highest vote ever..

It's fine if you don't believe it.. yeah, he's in the white house now.. But 'the most transparent election ever' is all just part of the big lie.. You all accept it because you've been conditioned to hate trump for the last four years..

But yeah..

This Trump cult line isn't enough. Either substantiate your claims or this can be dismissed as the nonsense it is.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

duploelabs wrote: »
    There were absolutely no irregularities, if you're convinced that there are, please post your evidence because I haven't seen anything of note as of yet

But like.. there were.. there was those weird jumps at 4 in the morning.. there was video of trump's numbers going down.. people were kept out of count centres..

And that's even before the whole Biden couldn't get ten people in a field while trump was getting hundreds of thousands to rallies.. Or that he's not really all there at times..

Look, it doesn't really matter now..
    Orange man bad..
    Let's get the war machine going again..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Between keeping people out of the count and covering the windows to the sudden vote jumps to the lowest number of counties to the highest vote ever..

It's fine if you don't believe it.. yeah, he's in the white house now.. But 'the most transparent election ever' is all just part of the big lie.. You all accept it because you've been conditioned to hate trump for the last four years..

But yeah..

As the Trump supporters said for four years

You lost....get over it.

As the Trump supporters said for four years

You lost....get over it.

I am over it..

And, Tbh I wouldn't have ever called myself a trump supporter.. but he wasn't as bad as he was made out to be.. And I kind of know when I'm being bullsh1tted by media..

There were a lot of irregularities in that election.

No there weren't.
    Between keeping people out of the count

Never happened. Observers from both sides were always allowed to be present if they wanted to be.
    covering the windows

The windows were covered because vote counters were being harassed by conspiracy theorists and sore losers like yourself. There were GOP observers still allowed in the room without or without the curtains.
    to the sudden vote jumps to the lowest number of counties to the highest vote ever..

which was expected and predicted long before counting started since Trump had voiced his opposition to mail-in voting many times.
    But 'the most transparent election ever' is all just part of the big lie.

It is as transparent as any other presidential election and you have presented no evidence to suggest otherwise.
    You all accept it because you've been conditioned to hate trump for the last four years..

We accept it because 60+ pointless lawsuits demonstrated that it was. You on the other hand have been conditioned to not accept it because you trust everything that Trump tells you regardless of facts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I am over it..

And, Tbh I wouldn't have ever called myself a trump supporter.. but he wasn't as bad as he was made out to be.. And I kind of know when I'm being bullsh1tted by media..

And yet here you are still spouting the same lies about the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

But yeah..
    Gibberish.

Post something concrete that backs up what you're attempting to say

• Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

But like.. there were.. there was those weird jumps at 4 in the morning.. there was video of trump's numbers going down.. people were kept out of count centres..

And that's even before the whole Biden couldn't get ten people in a field while trump was getting hundreds of thousands to rallies.. Or that he's not really all there at times..

Orange man bad..

That’s because votes were being counted. Any link to these videos of trumps vote numbers going down ?

People were not kept out of count centres. They were kept the distance they were supposed to be. That went for both parties btw which the GOP people admitted they were allowed into the count centres.

Well Imagine someone adhering to public health guidelines to protect themselves and others. What a terrible thing to do. While trumps rallies got people infected and several died including Herman cain.

Proof that’s he’s not all there ? Joe Biden even in less than a week has sounded very much there than Donald trump did in four years.

I am over it..

I'm not confident in you realising that you're bull****ted by the media. You're currently pushing unfounded conspiracies of election fraud, that's pretty gullible.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod

Please bring all discussion about vote rigging, dead people voting etc.. to the dedicated thread in Conspiracy Theories forum.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058129031

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How reliable are these guys?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

How reliable are these guys?

All they have done is look at publicly available information. Opensecrets is the website for the Center for Responsive Politics. They have been going for a very long time, they predate the internet, and are non-partisan.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Tonight BBC2 9pm
    The Trump Show: The Downfall
    9pm, BBC Two
    The final days of Trump’s presidency were just as measured as the
    preceding four years. Before November’s election, this series tracked
    the Trump shambles as it unfolded. With America on the cusp of a saner
    era, it returns for a rummage through the rubble of US democracy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

derfderf wrote:
    I don't think this is the end of the Trumps as a political force. After the farce of a Corona virus response, his electoral college numbers were still the same as Hillary. People have short memories, and it wouldn't shock me to see it swing back towards Trump if he ran again in 2024 (health permitting). Or maybe one of his children in a later election. It is American politics after all.

Apart from the presidency, Trump also cost the Republicans the Senate in the Georgia run offs. This will stick and be used as a sick in the next presidential primaries for the GOP to not take a chance with the Trump name.

70 million plus Americans voted not for Trump but because he was the republican candidate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭fash

But yeah..
    Obviously given the confidence you have in your statement, you have strong persuasive evidence for your this. You should certainly pass that information on to Trump and his legal team who have so far lost over 60 legal cases or to the one of the various republicans openly offering $1 million for evidence - any evidence - which supports this.
    You will be rich and help make the world a better place.
    Don't forget to buy us all a few pints with your millions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

fash wrote: »
    Obviously given the confidence you have in your statement, you have strong persuasive evidence for your this. You should certainly pass that information on to Trump and his legal team who have so far lost over 60 legal cases or to the one of the various republicans openly offering $1 million for evidence - any evidence - which supports this.
    You will be rich and help make the world a better place.
    Don't forget to buy us all a few pints with your millions though.

Mod

As stated previously - discussion of this sort can go to the Conspiracy Threories forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/BarbaraComstock/status/1353453498612867072?s=20

Cracks beginning to worsen in the GOP.

Liz Cheney sanctioned.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a true Trump acolyte, running for office in Arkansas.*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/BarbaraComstock/status/1353453498612867072?s=20

Cracks beginning to worsen in the GOP.

Liz Cheney sanctioned.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, a true Trump acolyte, running for office in Arizona.

Huckabee is a truly loathsome individual. Someone who actually seems to take great delight in lying. It's hard to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

SHS is going to run in Arkansas, not Arizona.

SHS is going to run in Arkansas, not Arizona.

Thanks. Post corrected.

More good news for Trump's legal eagles...

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1353678960287211520?s=19

everlast75 wrote: »
    Thanks. Post corrected.

More good news for Trump's legal eagles...

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1353678960287211520?s=19

If I was the Dominion CEO or Board, I'd be pushing these suits extremely aggressively. Trump and Giuliani and others very likely did significant damage to the Dominion Brand.

It would be not at all surprising to hear that a state updating it's voting infrastructure was put off by the negative press associated with the Dominion name or just didn't want to be able to give people the opportunity to say in future that their election was impacted by the machines.

Aside from damages, I'd be looking for a very strong video message from those being sued in which they completely retract all the false statements they made.

Orange man bad..

Ah, that old chestnut. That is the equivalent of a child saying that they're cooler because they had more kids to their birthday party than their rival down the street.

It must be the most well run, efficient conspiracy in history to be able to corrupt not only the electoral system, but the entire justice system as well. Those naughty, genius Democrats.

I am over it..

But not when you're being bulls**tted by Trump and his machine of misinformation, apparently.

That axios pod is off to a good start about the time line between election night and Jan 6.

Short but to the point.

https://pca.st/episode/b168f2d4-5677-4624-b05f-c191e7e6bd0c

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I am having a read of the impeachment proceedings:-

Section 3 states:

"Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States:..."

Section 4 states:

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

The way I see it Trump cannot be impeached. He is no longer the President and he is no longer in office.

I think that is why Trump is not bothering with a defence (perhaps a token effort for show). He may as well wait for the Supreme Court who will just strike it down. I believe that the Dems are hoping that a successful impeachment will be disqualify him etc as per the end of section 3. It will be interesting to see how the SC interpret it presuming it gets that far.

Just my two cents.

Section 3 states:

"Judgment in Cases of Impeachment shall not extend further than to removal from Office, and disqualification to hold and enjoy any Office of honor, Trust or Profit under the United States:..."

Section 4 states:

"The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."

The way I see it Trump cannot be impeached. He is no longer the President and he is no longer in office.

I think that is why Trump is not bothering with a defence (perhaps a token effort for show). He may as well wait for the Supreme Court who will just strike it down. Just my two cents.

I'd be leaning towards the views of the elected senators and representatives and all the lawyers and full time US political commentators who say he can be impeached on probably having a little bit more of an understanding of the process than your good self. No offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,043 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Section 3 states:

Section 4 states:

I think that is why Trump is not bothering with a defence (perhaps a token effort for show). He may as well wait for the Supreme Court who will just strike it down. I believe that the Dems are hoping that a successful impeachment will be disqualify him etc as per the end of section 3. It will be interesting to see how the SC interpret it presuming it gets that far.

Just my two cents.

I thought this too, but apaprently he loses state pensions, security details and any other benefits afforded to ex-presidents.

As it stands, he can also hold office in the future if he decides to run again. A conviction (he's already been impeached - next stage is trial) will effectively block him from re-erntering politics pretty much on any worthwhile level.

Now whether any of that actually bothers him, is another question.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I'd be leaning towards the views of the elected senators and representatives and all the lawyers and full time US political commentators who say he can be impeached on probably having a little bit more of an understanding of the process than your good self. No offence.

In other words, although the question is not certain and there are other lawyers, commemntators etc who argue that he cannot be impreached you are happy to fall down on that side of the debate because it suits your view. No problem.

Advertisement