Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Show me where Trump "advised people to inject themselves with bleach"?

He literally said it live on TV. There must be 1000s of videos doing the rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

everlast75 wrote: »
    From snopes

The comment in question came shortly after a presentation by William N. Bryan, the acting undersecretary for science and technology at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, about how heat and humidity could impact the spread of COVID-19 during the summer months. Bryan mentioned a recent, non-peer-reviewed study that showed how disinfectants and sunlight could kill the coronavirus on non-porous surfaces such as counters or door handles.

Bryan’s presentation focused on how light and disinfectants affected the coronavirus on surfaces. But when Trump took the podium, he started talking about what would happen if light and disinfectants were “brought inside the body” to fight the virus.

Here’s the official White House transcript of Trump’s remarks (emphasis added):

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. So I asked Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of, if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that too. It sounds interesting.

ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN: We’ll get to the right folks who could.

THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

So we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s — that’s pretty powerful.

Trump made this comment following a presentation on how sunlight and disinfectant affect the coronavirus. This presentation prompted Trump to discuss a question he said “probably some of you are thinking of” concerning what would happen if you “brought the light inside the body.” As Trump continued, he also offered his thoughts on how disinfectants could be brought inside the body “by injection.” While Trump noted that this method would have to be checked by doctors, he said it sounded interesting to him.

The remarks spurred widespread condemnation from health officials, who issued statements urging people not to inject or ingest cleaning products.

Dr. Vin Gupta, a pulmonologist and global health policy expert and NBC News contributor, said:

“This notion of injecting or ingesting any type of cleansing product into the body is irresponsible, and it’s dangerous. It’s a common method that people utilize when they want to kill themselves.”

But you know this.

It's just more bs excuses for one of the worst presidents ever.

PS - neither you or the other poster have accepted he was wrong.

He was asking questions.

They only nut I know off that injected bleach into somebody's body was a crazy woman who intentionally murdered her husband and tried to blame Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,125 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

I am though..

Initially I didn't like trump any more than anyone else..I thought he was just boorish and a bit of a scumbag really..

I've gotten to the point where I'm almost defending him due to the media coverage he's gotten from pretty much day one..and the holy show the democrats have made of the entire American system over the last few years..

On the election, I was kind of watching the reports on the day of people being kept out of count centres..dodgy ballots all over the place..

Yeah, it will be whitewashed out of history but the whole "most bestest election ever held anywhere ever" is just ridiculous too..

Why would you choose to defend a camp you disliked purely based on your dislike of another camp? That makes no sense. That just sounds like your not thinking for yourself and you're just looking for a side to support, while trying to damn the other "side" at every opportunity.

On your other point, the "dodgy ballots" thing is baloney. Trump lost and lost hard. No amount of crying cheat will alter that. The idea that there was a giant collusion to dethrone Trump is, frankly, "ridiculous".

Trump was, simply, found out and the votes reflected that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

I really don't know why people bother responding to such obvious trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,312 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

He was asking questions.

You asked me where he said that and i showed you, and you still won't admit you're wrong.

No wonder you lept to the aid of the other poster who was doing the same.

Sad trait in Trump supporters. I wonder where they get it from ("it was a perfect phone call")

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    Why would you choose to defend a camp you disliked purely based on your dislike of another camp? That makes no sense. That just sounds like your not thinking for yourself and you're just looking for a side to support, while trying to damn the other "side" at every opportunity.

Because they were obviously lying at times, and they were being hysterical frankly..

You asked me where he said that and i showed you, and you still won't admit you're wrong.

You seem very intent on getting people to admit they're wrong on the internet..

You should probably keep an eye on that..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,125 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Because they were obviously lying at times, and they were being hysterical frankly..

And the other "side" weren't lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,336 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I am though..

Initially I didn't like trump any more than anyone else..I thought he was just boorish and a bit of a scumbag really..

I've gotten to the point where I'm almost defending him due to the media coverage he's gotten from pretty much day one..and the holy show the democrats have made of the entire American system over the last few years..

On the election, I was kind of watching the reports on the day of people being kept out of count centres..dodgy ballots all over the place..

Yeah, it will be whitewashed out of history but the whole "most bestest election ever held anywhere ever" is just ridiculous too..

I have no idea what you mean about the holy show the democrats have made. Are you not thinking of the time Trump had protestors cleared so he could hide a bible upside down when we all know that the only bible for him is the Wall street journal?

The media only responded to his craziness. He looked at the great wall of China and decided he wanted a great wall of Trump. Dropped the Paris agreement, because, after all, he'll be long gone before the consequences will kick in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,190 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I bet this thread will have way more posts than the one about the current president. Looks like Palm Beach town council are not so sure if Trump is actually allowed to live at Mar a Lago or not. Where else can he go? Presumably he could just purchase a property somewhere if he has to. I know he has debts but he can definitely get a few million together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

I know it's for the best that he doesn't have it but I kind of wish he still had Twitter. Just for the lols it would provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭fantaiscool

lol how many times have you ever heard or read something where someone seriously says "ok, I admit it, I was wrong". It's quite rare, there is probably not one case of it happening on internet message boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

MadYaker wrote: »
    I bet this thread will have way more posts than the one about the current president. Looks like Palm Beach town council are not so sure if Trump is actually allowed to live at Mar a Lago or not. Where else can he go? Presumably he could just purchase a property somewhere if he has to. I know he has debts but he can definitely get a few million together.

Well if he is stuck for somewhere to stay, Trump hotel in DC seems to have some to spare :pac:

https://twitter.com/JaneMayerNYer/status/1354533185909043200?s=19

I was curious to see if a Trump supporter could avoid accepting they were wrong.

Despite being asked multiple times, it wasn't done.

You called it fake instinctively.

When presented with proof, instead of saying "CNN were right on this occasion, but overall they are not credible", which woule be an entirely reasonable thing to say, you doubled down, comparing CNN to Qanon.

It's quite something.

It's kind of a microcosm of what Trump was able to manufacture in larger numbers in the U.S.

"Fake news", "alternative facts" and then the clincher - "but her emails". Fascinating stuff.

Anyway, I'll leave it there.

(PS - as a grown man, not being able to accept you're wrong is a big issue. I'd look keep an eye on that.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Tony EH wrote: »
    What an absolute cunt.

Where would you get off in harassing a young lad, who was nearly wasted by some psycho, like that.

SMH.

That young fella did the right thing. Don't even engage with someone like that.

Probably destined to fail, but still of note.

Democrat introduces resolution to expel Marjorie Taylor Greene from Congress after CNN reported that she had expressed support for executing Pelosi

I know this thread is about Donald Trump Snr, but junior seems to have made a change in his life....

https://twitter.com/TrumpsAlert/status/1354610228357160966?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 40,372 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

MadYaker wrote: »

It is clear. He signed a covenant that mar a lago would not be used as a residence. https://reason.com/volokh/2020/12/16/trump-cant-live-full-time-at-mar-a-lago-because-of-1993-covenant/

It is clear. He signed a covenant that mar a lago would not be used as a residence. https://reason.com/volokh/2020/12/16/trump-cant-live-full-time-at-mar-a-lago-because-of-1993-covenant/

The question is whether the locals have the resources or the will to fight this all the way to court.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,372 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The question is whether the locals have the resources or the will to fight this all the way to court.

that is not the same as saying the local council are not sure if he is allowed to live there.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,369 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Requires a 2/3rds vote , which will categorically never ever happen.

Which just shows the utter abdication of honesty and morals from the GOP.

It's not like the seat would be at risk - If she were to be expelled , the seat would be filled by the GOP Governor and then in a special election the GOP would walk the seat. That's how she got elected in the 1st place - It's one of the most GOP leaning districts in the country.

There is literally nothing that a GOP Representative could do that would make the GOP vote against them , absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement

The posting history of CQD makes me think he/she is a fan of Alex Jones, but it's not that outrageous to say CNN is not the most trust worthy source out there. CNN are paid for the democratic party as far as I can see. If CNN aligns perfectly with your opinions, maybe it's harder to see.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The posting history of CQD makes me think he/she is a fan of Alex Jones, but it's not that outrageous to say CNN is not the most trust worthy source out there. CNN are paid for the democratic party as far as I can see. If CNN aligns perfectly with your opinions, maybe it's harder to see.

The problem is that the proposed alternative are random cranks on the internet who support Trump.

I've never met a rational human being who thinks that the media are benevolent but at least they're somewhat accountable.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

When I bring up Alex Jones I'm taking the p1ss..
    CNN have about as much credibility though..

That was my point..

Jesus..

• Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

For you, for they, for all: stop blaming the media for your lack of critical thinking. Great rant by Dan Abrams

https://www.mediaite.com/opinion/yes-the-media-can-be-biased-but-what-about-your-obligation-to-check-facts/

Yes The Media Can Be Biased, But What About Your Obligation To Check Facts?

On my daily radio show on Sirius XM, after a monologue or interview with a guest, a good part of the program usually involves taking calls from listeners. It is my favorite part of the show and I have long found it invaluable to hear directly from smart people across the country, with very different perspectives, about the political and legal landscape. My show is broadcast on Sirius XM’s POTUS channel — which tends to have many politically moderate listeners from both parties and a good number of Independents.

I do my best to provide fact-based opinion in an effort to welcome both sides of the political aisle. For example, in the past week I criticized what I viewed as many in the mainstream media fawning over Vice President Kamala Harris, and the next day, in the context of a discussion on impeachment, denounced the explanations from those still questioning the election results.

While I am regularly criticized by what I would characterize as the extremes on both sides, recently I have endured more incoming vitriol from those convinced the election was not above board. Some are not even Donald Trump supporters as much they are just furious with the news media, and welcome the opportunity to vent at a member of said community. That desire for media accountability is always a noble and fair goal, but I also demand accountability from them. It’s not their profession, but when they have the megaphone on social media or on radio, the obligation should go both ways. In my humble, and totally biased opinion, the debates that sometimes ensue make for pretty compelling radio.

What I have found most frustrating as of late have been the sweeping indictments of the media based on falsities — mostly election fraud talking points that have infected the public discussion. Not opinions or nuances or bias, but facts. It’s not a problem exclusive to this topic, but the virus of disinformation about this election remains particularly potent and treacherous.

“Why didn’t the media cover the fact that 205,000 more people voted in Pennsylvania than there were registered voters?” (Because it’s not true.) “How can you ignore what I saw with my own eyes with those Georgia officials kicking out observers and taking out those hidden ballots under the table?” (Because we know exactly what happened and they did nothing wrong.) “Why won’t you talk about the hundreds of dead people who voted in Michigan, Georgia, Pennsylvania?” (Because it didn’t happen.) The list goes on and on. I never know which conspiracy I will have to respond to on a given day so I have to be prepared for anything and everything.

Former President Trump, Rudy Giuliani and some of their media allies have been wildly effective at lumping together every possible error or mistake — which occur in most every election — with false claims of wrongdoing and fraud and a smattering of constitutional and procedural arguments, making for a confusing disinformation stew.

Sometimes I am blindsided by a random claim about a particular county and have to fact check it in real time on the air. Armed with bits and pieces of information and heaps of fury and confidence, callers seek to hold me, and by proxy the media, accountable for failing to cover the election fairly. I appreciate the sentiment but in the vast majority of these cases, these mostly savvy and educated callers, simply didn’t review the known facts or are unwilling to take the time or make the effort to do so. Only when a wild theory like the Dominion and Smartmatic voting machines supposedly changing votes becomes so thoroughly debunked, does a new one become the focus.

To be clear, there are real issues to evaluate about how our elections are conducted. In every major election, there are rules and procedures that are determined by courts before, and sometimes after, the election — rulings that are legitimate subjects for debate. Which ballots should be accepted; how people should be able to vote; what should be the cutoff date; what is the proper procedure for curing a ballot, who gets to decide the rules, etc. But many have been lumping together legal decisions about voting systems with which they disagree, and broader claims of voter fraud. “It just doesn’t add up” seems to have become the vague, blanket, and all too common refrain. That dodge is not, and should not be, enough. I have enormous respect for my listeners so I demand that those who criticize the media for ignoring facts about the election come to the table with more than just passion and opinions.

I am a proud member of the mainstream media but I am also a critic. For example, I take serious issue with what I view as an unwillingness by the mainstream news media to admit a left-leaning bias that has fueled distrust from many on the right. I started Mediaite in part because I felt there wasn’t enough accountability for the often self-righteous and pious leaders of the highly politicized media on both sides. There can be, and is, bias in how they/we cover stories. But on something factual like mass election fraud, there isn’t right and left, just right and wrong. While those of us in the media critic business regularly engage in hand wringing about mistakes or errors in judgment, is it too much to ask those who go public with their theories to do a little research before virtuously wagging fingers?

I truly appreciate the callers who disagree with me. In fact, I tend to take their calls more than ones who will just echo my viewpoint. But since they can and should demand accountability from me, I will continue to do the same from them.

This is an opinion piece. The views expressed in this article are those of just the author.

That people can go around apologising for a media that has very obviously been politicised, and they fail to see the danger that poses, just because they happen to agree with it now, is half the problem too..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,565 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

When I bring up Alex Jones I'm taking the p1ss..
    CNN have about as much credibility though..

That was my point..

Jesus..

But its bs. There is simply no comparison between the two.

Heck even Alex Jones stated, in court, that he was simply playing a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,266 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That people can go around apologising for a media that has very obviously been politicised, and they fail to see the danger that poses, just because they happen to agree with it now, is half the problem too..

Seeing as you couldn't name one that you felt could be trusted (despite developing the opinion that the election was fradulant from SOMEWHERE!) can you name one that isn't politicised? And just to be clear, you've already used OAN, Newsmax and Alex Jones as "joke" divertioary tactics, so that won't work any more.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Seeing as you couldn't name one that you felt could be trusted (despite developing the opinion that the election was fradulant from SOMEWHERE!) can you name one that isn't politicised? And just to be clear, you've already used OAN, Newsmax and Alex Jones as "joke" divertioary tactics, so that won't work any more.

Tbh I don't follow the news anymore..I spent way too long doing that and realized none of them are to be trusted..if I watch something left leaning I'm aware of that..if I watch something right leaning I'm aware of that..CNN would have been reasonable years ago..
    Honestly I think anyone who believes what they see on the news without context is naive..

Re the election..five states sent contested electors.. senators stood up and said that there was fraud..Biden won the lowest amount of countieses ever and 1 of 19 bellwether constituencies..those jumps at 4in the morning were dodgy.. As well as the censorship in the lead up to it..

There was never any reasonable look at any of that..it was the most transparent election ever..
    Look, it doesn't matter now.. The corporate war machine is back in control..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

You're making a lot of assumptions there. I can assure you they are quite wrong. You dismiss most media and people who get their information from such media, yet you consistently refuse to state where you get your 'news'. One can only draw the logical conclusion that your 'news' comes from far right bullsh1t websites and TV channels. This logical conclusion can be supported by the fact that you believe that Biden didn't win the election. So your credibility isn't worth a lump of dog sh1t.

• Advertisement

So your credibility isn't worth a lump of dog sh1t.

Come on man..

No need for that..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement