Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

Tony EH wrote: »
    Maybe you'd be better off being aware of your own bias and how you're framing things yourself.

I am though..

Initially I didn't like trump any more than anyone else..I thought he was just boorish and a bit of a scumbag really..

I've gotten to the point where I'm almost defending him due to the media coverage he's gotten from pretty much day one..and the holy show the democrats have made of the entire American system over the last few years..

On the election, I was kind of watching the reports on the day of people being kept out of count centres..dodgy ballots all over the place..

Yeah, it will be whitewashed out of history but the whole "most bestest election ever held anywhere ever" is just ridiculous too..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,269 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

??..I don't really completely trust any news..

Except OAN maybe..or the daily sport..

I'll assume that's another joke.

And you do trust someone because otherwise, you'd never have come to the conclusion that the election was fraudulent.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

CNN

• Registered Users Posts: 40,373 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'll assume that's another joke.

And you do trust someone because otherwise, you'd never have come to the conclusion that the election was fraudulent.

I'm not sure it is. It would fit with what they post.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭flazio

duploelabs wrote: »
    So jokes aside, who would you consider to be a trustworthy source?

Me personally, Reuters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,316 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

If this is aimed at me you obviously lack basic enough comprehension skills..I disregarded CNN as a news source..I didn't defend anyone..I have never heard of this woman.. You were trying to put words in my mouth..I just refused to accept CNN as a reasonable news source..

Accept you were wrong and then people can move on to dismiss a story just because it was CNN.

Accept that the story from CNN was right.

Then maybe, just maybe, people might engage with you in a serious discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

For me when it comes to politics CNN is good enough at providing an introduction to something that happened. After that if I'm interested enough I know I need to checkout other sources to get the full context. That goes for pretty much any news source. I'm never fully confident in one single source.
    And as for political commentary I just ignore it. On either side the bias is usually on full blast.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Accept you were wrong and then people can move on to dismiss a story just because it was CNN.

Accept that the story from CNN was right.

Then maybe, just maybe, people might engage with you in a serious discussion

Dude.. maybe 10 years ago CNN were a decent news source..they have been a complete joke the last few years..

• Registered Users Posts: 82,265 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

For me when it comes to politics CNN is good enough at providing an introduction to something that happened. After that if I'm interested enough I know I need to checkout other sources to get the full context. That goes for pretty much any news source. I'm never fully confident in one single source.
    And as for political commentary I just ignore it. On either side the bias is usually on full blast.

I do that with wikipedia or something that won't try to gin me up right off the bat like the daily show.

Dude.. maybe 10 years ago CNN were a decent news source..they have been a complete joke the last few years..

That doesn't matter.

Accept you were wrong, twice.

Then we can move on.

(I'm even giving you a pass on the CNN = Qanon facepalm)

• Advertisement

Was there anything incorrect or misrepresented in the article? If not, you're off on a pointless rant after espousing plenty of Q like conspiracies btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,265 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

??..I don't really completely trust any news..

Except OAN maybe..or the daily sport..

Then frankly, why are you here? It's not to engage in critical and forthright discussion if you will only accept news through a 3 meter shaft on your death-star sized skew on reality.

That doesn't matter.

Accept you were wrong, twice.

Then we can move on.

(I'm even giving you a pass on the CNN = Qanon facepalm)

Why was I wrong?..I just don't engage with cnn content as a reasonable source..I didn't defend anyone who you said I did..I have never heard of that one..

I said CNN are as bad as the Q anon lads in the sense that they were ridiculously anti trump the same way the q lads were ridiculously pro trump..both to the point where it just became parody..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,235 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Honestly, you just have to be aware of their biases when watching any news..

You have to be aware of what is being said, what is not being said..how things are being framed..

I'd be more concerned about your own bias you've exhibited.

Why was I wrong?..I just don't engage with cnn content as a reasonable source..I didn't defend anyone who you said I did..I have never heard of that one..

I said CNN are as bad as the Q anon lads in the sense that they were ridiculously anti trump the same way the q lads were ridiculously pro trump..both to the point where it just became parody..

I'll try one more time.

1)Accept you were wrong and then people can move on to dismiss a story just because it was CNN.

2) Accept that the story from CNN was right.

It's quite simple.

If you can't do those two simple things, then imho you aren't capable of rational debate.

If you cannot accept facts when they are presented to you and proved to be true, there's no point in discussing anything because clearly the truth means nothing to you.

I'll try one more time.

1)Accept you were wrong and then people can move on to dismiss a story just because it was CNN.

2) Accept that the story from CNN was right.

It's quite simple.

If you can't do those two simple things, then imho you aren't capable of rational debate.

If you cannot accept facts when they are presented to you and proved to be true, there's no point in discussing anything because clearly the truth means nothing to you.

Ohh dear God.

Ohh dear God.
    Vaccine was under Trumps time. You all laughed when he said there would be one before the end of the year.

Now it's Bidens vaccine?

When you believe a single word out of Trump's mouth, i wouldn't be rushing to hear your hot take on CNN...

When you believe a single word out of Trump's mouth, i wouldn't be rushing to hear your hot take on CNN...

When was the vaccine announced and who was president at the time?

Accept CNN lied about it being illegal to read the Clinton emails.

Accept CNN lied about the Covington kids.

Accept CNN lied saying a mostly peaceful protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Who tweeted this in 2014?

"Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn’t feel good and changes – AUTISM. Many such cases!"

• Advertisement

Who tweeted this in 2014?

"Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn’t feel good and changes – AUTISM. Many such cases!"

I must have missed the covid pandemic of 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I must have missed the covid pandemic of 2014.

No, there was no Covid-19 pandemic in 2014. Surprised you would think that. In 2014, there was this ignorant celebrity buffoon incessantly tweeting baseless and dangerous claims about very important vaccines.

The vaccine was announced by the guy who tried to peddle hydroxychloroquine (see below) and advised people to inject bleach into themselves.

He was also the guy who sidelined science and made wearing a mask a political statement.

He was also the guy who said it would be gone by Easter 2020 and it was just like the flu.

He was also the guy who shafted the individual states and whose malfeasance had caused far more deaths in the U.S than otherwise should have happened.

He is also the guy who opened the economy despite knowing that covid was lethal.

The vaccine being ready and him being president has nothing to do with each other. Nothing. The research was ongoing independent of him.

The idea that he should get credit for it is something only his most sycophantic supporters espouse. Utterly nonsensical.

He should be pilloried for his gross incompetence.

It's typical - Trump's supporters give him credit for goof stuff he didn't do and defend him from bad stuff he did do.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1354449310654623746?s=19

The vaccine was announced by the guy who tried to peddle hydroxychloroquine (see below) and advised people to inject bleach into themselves.

He was also the guy who sidelined science and made wearing a mask a political statement.

He was also the guy who said it would be gone by Easter 2020 and it was just like the flu.

He was also the guy who shafted the individual states and whose malfeasance had caused far more deaths in the U.S than otherwise should have happened.

He is also the guy who opened the economy despite knowing that covid was lethal.

The vaccine being ready and him being president has nothing to do with each other. Nothing. The research was ongoing independent of him.

The idea that he should get credit for it is something only his most sycophantic supporters espouse. Utterly nonsensical.

He should be pilloried for his gross incompetence.

It's typical - Trump's supporters give him credit for goof stuff he didn't do and defend him from bad stuff he did do.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1354449310654623746?s=19

You need to turn off CNN.

Accept CNN lied about it being illegal to read the Clinton emails..

Hillary's emails? Are you **** ing serious?
    Accept CNN lied about the Covington kids. .

I've no idea what you're taking about.
    Accept CNN lied saying a mostly peaceful protest.

I've no idea what you're talking about. What protest? (singular)

The 3 points you are making above are separate to what happened here by the way.

You appear to be saying that you support someone dismissing a story because it's cnn and when it's proven to be true, not accepting that they're wrong.

Fair play. You've bought the "fake news" ethos hook line and sinker.

You need to turn off CNN.

Ooh, snappy reply!

A cheap shot qt CNN rather than address the content of the post.

Haven't you got any "alternative facts"?

Ooh, snappy reply!

A cheap shot qt CNN rather than address the content of the post.

Haven't you got any "alternative facts"?

Show me where Trump "advised people to inject themselves with bleach"?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,490 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Trump announced that a Vaccine had been created, the vaccine creation had nothing to do with Trump.

If Trump had said "Mount vesuvius has just erupted" would that mean Trump had caused the eruption?

From snopes

The comment in question came shortly after a presentation by William N. Bryan, the acting undersecretary for science and technology at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, about how heat and humidity could impact the spread of COVID-19 during the summer months. Bryan mentioned a recent, non-peer-reviewed study that showed how disinfectants and sunlight could kill the coronavirus on non-porous surfaces such as counters or door handles.

Bryan’s presentation focused on how light and disinfectants affected the coronavirus on surfaces. But when Trump took the podium, he started talking about what would happen if light and disinfectants were “brought inside the body” to fight the virus.

Here’s the official White House transcript of Trump’s remarks (emphasis added):

THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. So I asked Bill a question that probably some of you are thinking of, if you’re totally into that world, which I find to be very interesting. So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it’s ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it. And then I said, supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that too. It sounds interesting.

ACTING UNDER SECRETARY BRYAN: We’ll get to the right folks who could.

THE PRESIDENT: Right. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds — it sounds interesting to me.

So we’ll see. But the whole concept of the light, the way it kills it in one minute, that’s — that’s pretty powerful.

Trump made this comment following a presentation on how sunlight and disinfectant affect the coronavirus. This presentation prompted Trump to discuss a question he said “probably some of you are thinking of” concerning what would happen if you “brought the light inside the body.” As Trump continued, he also offered his thoughts on how disinfectants could be brought inside the body “by injection.” While Trump noted that this method would have to be checked by doctors, he said it sounded interesting to him.

The remarks spurred widespread condemnation from health officials, who issued statements urging people not to inject or ingest cleaning products.

Dr. Vin Gupta, a pulmonologist and global health policy expert and NBC News contributor, said:

“This notion of injecting or ingesting any type of cleansing product into the body is irresponsible, and it’s dangerous. It’s a common method that people utilize when they want to kill themselves.”

But you know this.

It's just more bs excuses for one of the worst presidents ever.

PS - neither you or the other poster have accepted he was wrong.

• Advertisement

Only days ago, Fauci commented how Trump was often counter productive with the the unhelpful claims he made in press conferences. This included Trump's ludicrous bleach statement..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement