Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXXI-187,554 ROI (2,970 deaths) 100,319 NI (1,730 deaths)(24/01)Read OP

Options
1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BredonWimsey

Faugheen wrote: »
    What the f*ck is this one on about and why does it make a difference?

A case is a case. A case in hospital is a case in hospital.

it does matter - do you not want figures to reflect the situation.

is it community transmission, travel, or was it caught in hospital - it matters.

But if they test positive within the incubation period how do you work that out?

i'm not a doctor but surely they can caveat or carve out the language so its clear

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Dingaan wrote: »
    Anyone know if the resumption of takeaway pints are on the cabinet subcommittees agenda for tomorrow?

I don’t know, but I’d hazard a guess it didn’t make the cut!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

But if they test positive within the incubation period how do you work that out?

I thought it was interesting to understand tbh

Liam Woods was a bit tetchy about it though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

it does matter - do you not want figures to reflect the situation.

is it community transmission, travel, or was it caught in hospital - it matters.

Do you think it’s possible to figure out if someone caught it on the bus to the hospital or in the waiting room?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Ohhh....post #9999. End of days!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

Stheno wrote: »
    I thought it was interesting to understand tbh

Liam Woods was a bit tetchy about it though

Because she’d asked the questions before and seemed to think there was a cover up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

seamus wrote: »
    The same thing happened in the last two waves. All the negativity spawns these late reactions. In spite of clearly improving case numbers over the last 10-14 days, the narrative has been relentless "things are going to ****e and there's no improvement in sight".

This leads to headless-chicken style panicking and people screaming "Ahhhhh we have to do something!"

So the talking heads pop up and go, "Zero Covid! Quarantine! These are something. We must do them!".

In a week's time when case numbers or firmly in 3 digits and still dropping, it'll all be forgotten about. Again.

It's hardly surprising that after a third lockdown, people want to ensure any easing of restrictions is sustainable surely? Doing the exact same thing and expecting a different result is a form of insanity and all that..

Cases are going down which is great. Don't see how wanting to ensure that decrease is sustainable over the long term contradicts that tbh.

Do you think it’s possible to figure out if someone caught it on the bus to the hospital or in the waiting room?

everything doesnt have to be black and white. there are nuances with everything. in my opinion it is useful to know what the figures is reflecting and they can caveat or carve out to reflect the situation.

you on the otherhand may just want to see the figures and dont want insight into them.

thats up to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Great news that downward trend has continued. Efforts of people around the country are paying off.

• Advertisement

Because she’d asked the questions before and seemed to think there was a cover up.

she was very polite - you are implying something into her questions. can someone ask a question without being labelled a conspiracy theorist because someone doesnt agree with it.

its just a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Dingaan wrote: »
    Anyone know if the resumption of takeaway pints are on the cabinet subcommittees agenda for tomorrow?

Sure you can still get them if you want

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

new thread incoming ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Tpcl20

Amirani wrote: »
    I've noticed this trend online a bit recently where some of the Gemma O'Doherty types think that hospital-acquired Covid is some sort of cover up and that everything else should be opened up as a result, for some reason.

"Figure-hugging green jersey" in her bio on twatter.

God I hate her smug idiotic questions like she knows something they don't and her self-satisfied tone and long meandering accusatory questions.

Only from an Independent journalist could you get such absolutely abhorrent crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

I like the positive numbers and the even lower positivity rate in this data.

https://covid19.shanehastings.eu/api/swabs/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement