Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Funnily enough, when he came around to me I had no interest as I have Cena and you already booked Cena and Himself last year.

Had he popped round to me in round 7 Id have to take him.

Whats worse is there is still some unreal talent floating about. Well by worse I mean awesome if they reach me.

I'm doing this so long I either forget if I booked feuds before or try to convince myself everyone else will forget and (that it's okay to draft the same folks0 that's before we even talk about what others have booked.

Used to try my best to not draft who I've drafted before... if i did that now, there would be almost nobody left!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Yeah I normally have some form of continuation from my previous rosters anyways, I had Strowman for a couple of years as an example. Had others like Disco Inferno twice too, along with a couple of guys still undrafted this year. I had Jeff Hardy and John Cena in my first ever main event as well and brought him back last year to feud with DiBiase too, so there's little variations you can make with guys you've had before too imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm doing this so long I either forget if I booked feuds before or try to convince myself everyone else will forget and (that it's okay to draft the same folks0 that's before we even talk about what others have booked.

Used to try my best to not draft who I've drafted before... if i did that now, there would be almost nobody left!

There will be a reference to Cena v Tanahashi in my show.

I try avoid people who I have drafted last year. I dont mind if I have drafted them 2 years or more ago. (Like drafting Flair last year and having drafted him 2 years previous.

That said I drafted WALTER again after last year. Having some follow on aint a bad thing and hes awesome. He stared down Flair at the end of my PPV last year so Its a nice follow on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Andrade did cross my mind but him tagging Garza completely escaped me. Says it all. :pac:

• daithi1989 wrote: »
    Pick made (Sorry for the hold up again!) and DM sent to Nitro

Nitro sounds way cooler than nerdy Nicro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Nitro sounds way cooler than nerdy Nicro.

Awh I address by the wrong name in my DM to him now too! I really should have paid more attention!

Apologies Nicro!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭NITRO95

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Awh I address by the wrong name in my DM to him now too! I really should have paid more attention!

Apologies Nicro!

I'm assuming you meant to DM me and not quite sure where the Nicro thing has come from (a cross between Nitro & Necro?). I havnt got a DM but I'm up next so I'll have my pick up shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Pick made and Pm sent to BH. I couldn't leave Hiromu on the board in spite of having plans to draft someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

NITRO95 wrote: »
    I'm assuming you meant to DM me and not quite sure where the Nicro thing has come from (a cross between Nitro & Necro?). I havnt got a DM but I'm up next so I'll have my pick up shortly

Hiromu was my first choice this round, easily one of the most exciting wrestlers to watch since his return, and someone that works against so many other people.

NITRO95 wrote: »

God knows who I DM'ed so! Apologies

• Advertisement

Hiromu was my first choice this round, easily one of the most exciting wrestlers to watch since his return, and someone that works against so many other people.

An under rated pick, was hoping he'd go unnoticed myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yeah I usually don't draft the same people up until this year i brought back both Omega and Ospreay and have an idea for both

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I'm 95% sure he wasn't drafted previously?..

Open to being corrected

This year my roster is so much so less planned out than previous years. Most of my research was done in previous years even my Riddle/Lee pick I spotted last year but someone took them before I could put it into action.

Still happy with who I've got so far even if like with the Revival I hadn't really planned to have them.

Hiromu is an interesting pick, I'd say those that watch NJPW probably really rate him but those who don't (unlike Okada, Tanahashi etc) probably barely know who he is.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

bennyl10 wrote: »

Open to being corrected

You're bang on, he hasn't gone (till now ;) )

Very good pick at this stage of the draft imo, I find Sheamus very under-rated by some.

Open to being corrected

I had Sheamo in mind as a potential pick so I think you are A-OK mr BWA-ish

This year my roster is so much so less planned out than previous years. Most of my research was done in previous years even my Riddle/Lee pick I spotted last year but someone took them before I could put it into action.

Still happy with who I've got so far even if like with the Revival I hadn't really planned to have them.

Hiromu is an interesting pick, I'd say those that watch NJPW probably really rate him but those who don't (unlike Okada, Tanahashi etc) probably barely know who he is.

You're always good for the well researched picks in fairness, most years you come up with a gem of a tag pick or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Quick question, how did Tanahashi last until round 6?

It took all of my willpower not to draft him this round. Okada vs Tanahashi have fought a couple of my favourite matches and would definitely fit on any fantasy card I could make. But it's been done a lot in real life and I couldn't come up with anything to make it fresh... I have literally just realised I could have main evented with Punk & Bryan vs Okada & Tanahashi and now I'm sad :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made and PM sent

some great picks and rosters forming everyone!!

Open to being corrected

Sheamus was next on my list also. Great pick. My list is getting smaller and smaller...

• Advertisement

You're missing out. Hirmou is so reliable to put on a classic match, especially since he came from that neck injury, it's made him go all out to put out great matches.

I honestly think the only man better than him in NJPW right now is Shingo....which is why I so happy to draft him now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Some nice roster graphics showing up in the picks thread. I've made a couple of real basic stabs in previous years (using paint!). What do people use to make their graphics, could someone point me in the right direction?

Im very jealous of Sanada and Shingo, they last 2 years they have evolved where they are big players in NJPW. Not at the heights of Okada and Tanahashi.

Sanada and Shingo oooze charisma and can make great matches with whoever. Sanadas come a long way since his TNA run

I create a slide in PowerPoint, because when you add an image there you can remove the background easily, so it means you can put together something fairly slick. Only downside is I can never make text look fantastic.

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Some nice roster graphics showing up in the picks thread. I've made a couple of real basic stabs in previous years (using paint!). What do people use to make their graphics, could someone point me in the right direction?

GIMP2 last year, dunno if there is an update.

G2 is basically a free version of photoshop. Does the job and plenty of tutorials online.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Im very jealous of Sanada and Shingo, they last 2 years they have evolved where they are big players in NJPW. Not at the heights of Okada and Tanahashi.

Sanada and Shingo oooze charisma and can make great matches with whoever. Sanadas come a long way since his TNA run

I’d honestly bet the house that towards the end of the year both men will be at the cusp of the main event, SANADA in particular, even though I’m a bigger fan of Shingo.

• It took all of my willpower not to draft him this round. Okada vs Tanahashi have fought a couple of my favourite matches and would definitely fit on any fantasy card I could make. But it's been done a lot in real life and I couldn't come up with anything to make it fresh... I have literally just realised I could have main evented with Punk & Bryan vs Okada & Tanahashi and now I'm sad :pac:

You were spot on, for me at least. I hate triple threat matches or tag team matches as a main event, so hard to get right (that hasn't been done).

You were spot on, for me at least. I hate triple threat matches or tag team matches as a main event, so hard to get right (that hasn't been done).

I disagree about Triple Threat matches. Yes some, probably most are booked illogically. A pet peeve of mine is when one guy gets knocked to the outside and down for a ridiculous amount of time.

But some I love, when done right they can be gold.

Brock v Cena V Rollins was great off the top of my head. Some of the 3-way dances with Tajeri, Super Crazy and Lil Guido in ECW were fantastic.

I’d honestly bet the house that towards the end of the year both men will be at the cusp of the main event, SANADA in particular, even though I’m a bigger fan of Shingo.

Im not taking that bet. Shingo is my preference of the two too, but thats like asking a Man Utd fan who he liked more, Sheringham or Ole.

• Advertisement

• beakerjoe wrote: »
    I disagree about Triple Threat matches. Yes some, probably most are booked illogically. A pet peeve of mine is when one guy gets knocked to the outside and down for a ridiculous amount of time.

But some I love, when done right they can be gold.

Brock v Cena V Rollins was great off the top of my head. Some of the 3-way dances with Tajeri, Super Crazy and Lil Guido in ECW were fantastic.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a mix of the above, I'm just saying tag-teams and triple threats are tricky to get right for a main event.

Advertisement