Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I create a slide in PowerPoint, because when you add an image there you can remove the background easily, so it means you can put together something fairly slick. Only downside is I can never make text look fantastic.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    GIMP2 last year, dunno if there is an update.

G2 is basically a free version of photoshop. Does the job and plenty of tutorials online.

Cheers lads. I wil have a play around with both of those, see if I can put together something half-decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Im not taking that bet. Shingo is my preference of the two too, but thats like asking a Man Utd fan who he liked more, Sheringham or Ole.

Ole every day of the week.

Will have my pick up shortly

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sorry SlickRic, Finn has already been drafted by Liz!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Necro wrote: »
    Sorry SlickRic, Finn has already been drafted by Liz!

Deleted.

Missed it on the way through, plus never saw it as I searched.

New pick up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,597 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ole every day of the week.

Will have my pick up shortly

Ziggler and Sheamus gone :( back to the drawing board

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Six Rounds done and dusted now - onwards we rock, here's the updated rosters

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Round 6
    Mr. Nice Guy Brock Lesnar The Road Warriors Paul Heyman Jeff Hardy Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas
    Bounty Hunter Shawn Michaels DIY Vince McMahon New Age Outlaws Keith Lee & Matt Riddle The Revival
    beakerjoe John Cena Jon Moxley WALTER Jake 'The Snake' Roberts Kota Ibushi Ricochet & Aleister Black
    Necro Hulk Hogan Big E & Xavier Woods Becky Lynch Kevin Nash Trish Stratus Kofi Kingston
    daithi1989 Mick Foley Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly Maxwell Jacob Friedman Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose Braun Strowman Andrade & Angel Garza
    Hello 2D Person Below The Undertaker Andre The Giant Vader Kane Dusty Rhodes Hiroshi Tanahashi
    paulie21 Chris Jericho Drew McIntyre Randy Orton Charlotte Flair Street Profits Asuka
    JP Liz V1 The Rock Owen Hart Finn Balor MVP Ted DiBiase John Morrison
    The White Wolf Stone Cold Steve Austin American Alpha Hangman Page Sunny Brian Pillman Thunder Rosa
    SlickRic Kurt Angle Roddy Piper Ronda Rousey Stephanie McMahon Shinsuke Nakamura Jerry 'The King' Lawler
    Uncle Walt Randy Savage Eddie Guerrero Sting Bray Wyatt Young Bucks Rey Mysterio
    brianregan09 Triple H Cody and Dustin Rhodes Kenny Omega Lashley Jay 'Switchblade' White Will Ospreay
    NITRO95 British Bulldogs PAC Terry Funk William Regal Zack Sabre Jnr & Minoru Suzuki Hiromu Takahashi
    ShagNastii King Kong Bundy PCO & The Mountie Disco Inferno Nailz Enzo & Big Cass Renee Dupree
    bennyl10 Seth Rollins Cesaro Kevin Owens Miro Io Shirai & Kairi Sane Sheamus
    A Brad Maddox Guy Daniel Bryan CM Punk Goldberg Rob Van Dam Kazuchika Okada Pete Dunne & Trent Seven
    thebostoncrab AJ Styles Ric Flair The Brainbusters Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows Tetsuya Naito Shingo Takagi & SANADA
    wrestlemaniac Edge Matt Hardy Mr. Perfect & Scott Hall Wade Barrett Samoa Joe Dolph Ziggler
    Mr. Guappa Bret Hart Batista Darby Allin The Miz Fabulous Freebirds Sasha Banks
    connemara man Roman Reigns The Usos Eddie Kingston Paige Fenix Jr & Pentagon Jurassic Express

I have the best roster.

I have the best roster.

S3EK.gif

Brad getting ready to pay the annual Christian loan fee to Liz :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I almost felt guilty, especially now that I notice Liz is pick 4 & Shag wouldn't have picked him at 3. Almost :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Had a feeling Captain Charisma would go early this round.

Someone check on Liz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Someone check on Liz

Had a look at taking him last round, but his last match was out by a few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

You can tell we're into business now as picks seem to be taking longer. :D

You can tell we're into business now as picks seem to be taking longer. :D

As is tradition

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

As is tradition
    tenor.gif

actually I'm only a few picks away and I haven't posted this yet as is tradition
    200.gif

I like it, gives me time to do some research into my next pick. I'm not that sure what direction I want to take so it's giving me time to research a good few options.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I've a rough idea what picks i want from here on out, now whether i get them or not is another thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I had an idea for William Regal but have now changed my mind and have an even better one that old school ECW fans will enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I also have 2-3 picks in mind; one isnt that obscure and might not even last to me in this round, but be confident of getting others in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Nathan Jones WWA World Champ for the peeps that saw him in the point many years ago :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Nathan Jones WWA World Champ for the peeps that saw him in the point many years ago :D

Was that the same night that Boards Legend and Greatest Gift to Pro Wrestling Disco Inferno also ran commentary over the PA? Was so bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,597 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I almost felt guilty, especially now that I notice Liz is pick 4 & Shag wouldn't have picked him at 3. Almost :pac:

Someone check on Liz

Damn I was sure I would get him this round and only 2 picks in front, I should have picked him earlier, be good to him Brad ;)

I'm having a think so hopefully have a pick up soon

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Damn I was sure I would get him this round and only 2 picks in front, I should have picked him earlier, be good to him Brad ;)

I'm having a think so hopefully have a pick up soon

Brad is now 3/15 odds on fav to get best roster from Liz.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Having bit of a crisis for my own pick next. Could be any of 4.

Loads of time to have a think about it, twill be morning before BH gets online at this stage.

Time has helped me book my main event. I just need my pick to last and Im quids in. Had it not been for time, I wouldnt have thought of my idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

I have my next pick lined up, so fingers crossed it lasts to me! Guess I’ll find out tomorrow morning/afternoon!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Loads of time to have a think about it, twill be morning before BH gets online at this stage.

Been trying to make an early morning pick my time when it looks like it'll get to me in the evening your time that way maybe we can get another pick or two (this time 1) in before the next day if others are online late like The White Wolf was yesterday.

Only just now realized I've already hit the tag team limit :( oh well still happy to have gotten Misawa & Kobashi on board yet again. Shame on all of you, don't usually plan on drafting them but once again being able to get both of them in one go in Rd7 this time is just too good value to pass up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Been trying to make an early morning pick my time when it looks like it'll get to me in the evening your time that way maybe we can get another pick or two (this time 1) in before the next day if others are online late like The White Wolf was yesterday.

Only just now realized I've already hit the tag team limit :( oh well still happy to have gotten Misawa & Kobashi on board yet again. Shame on all of you, don't usually plan on drafting them but once again being able to get both of them in one go in Rd7 this time is just too good value to pass up.

They were actually the next names on my list would you believe! To be honest, I think each year it’s a game of chicken between you and I to who will draft them first, and each year I think “Ah I can another round, he won’t want them again” :D

• Advertisement

Bounty if I remember rightly you usually hit the tag limit earlier than most anyways :pac:. I'll probably relax a few rules from Round 9 or 10 anyways so people can add a bit of depth to their roster.

There's also going to be a Royal Rumble round where the pick order will be determined by how your choice fares in the Rumble(s), but given how fast we've torn through 7 rounds it's hard to know where to put it presently. May just have to wing it and add in a 16th round of drafting :P

Two weeks away yet so not making any decision right now anyways.

Advertisement