Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Many many people pulling the trigger on people they could maybe hold on for.

Right I'll give you my tact for this year.

I've found it so hard to get writes up done the last few years. I have somewhat wasted decent roster members that went unused. It can be quite a slog setting up feuds and all that jazz.

That's why this year I'm aiming to just have fun. I always wanted to do a Rumble but it is so hard to do with a little spread out roster. This year I'll probably do a mixture of a KOTR event and a Royal Rumble.

I'm going to crown the greatest of all "boys". I hope everyone here is an OSW fan (if not, shame on you) but please see below, the definition "BOY".

A BOY is a (generally not very talented) wrestler that didn’t achieve success, where there’s a bit of cringe factor admitting he was one of your favourites. You like/support him more than the average & what he deserved. Like my boy Test, or Heidenreich. He can’t have won a major world title as well (which actually cuts out Garvin, even though the rest of his career was very boy-worthy). The term ‘boy’ is also used in Japanese Dojos (for young trainees) and in general vernacular too (e.g. Will Ferrell’s boy Blue in the film Old School).

CRITERIA FOR BEING A BOY:
    1. Unsuccessful – No WWE/WWF, WCW/NWA or NJPW world titles. This rules out Christian, Steve!
    2. Unpopular – He must not be respected in general or have hope for the future. Think The Ascension.
    3. Untalented – There’s a certain cringe factor. You have to be a little ashamed to admit you’re a fan. Heidenreich is the Golden boy, a paragon of Boyness.

If in doubt, ask! Remember, a boy is for life, not just for Christmas.

Our boys were discussed during the Capital Carnage episode! (During the Steve Blackman vs Ken Shamrock match) OSWreview.com/media/oswreview40/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Can of coke for that man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I'll be up in the morning just doing my research

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I'll be up in the morning just doing my research

Pick made and PM sent

Sorry about the delay couldn't find what I was looking for (as it doesn't exist :pac::D )

but happy with Paige after I too'd and fro'd between her and someone else

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Pick made and PM sent

Sorry about the delay couldn't find what I was looking for (as it doesn't exist :pac::D )

but happy with Paige after I too'd and fro'd between her and someone else

Paige, damn it.

:(

I wish you had fro'd a bit more :)

• Advertisement

Sorry

Sorry

No worries :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I did far too much research to justify getting Gallows and Anderson that round, that God for that one bloody segment!

There are a few other tag teams that could have taken their place for my plans, but given their relationship in WWE with AJ and the potential pairing match I have planned for them, they placed much higher in my desired team pick than any other members of a certain club.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Fusion Pro Wrestling taking shape nicely.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

4 rounds done and dusted, time for another roster update :D

Just 11 rounds left to go now, not too shabby!

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
    Mr. Nice Guy Brock Lesnar The Road Warriors Paul Heyman Jeff Hardy
    Bounty Hunter Shawn Michaels DIY Vince McMahon New Age Outlaws
    beakerjoe John Cena Jon Moxley WALTER Jake 'The Snake' Roberts
    Necro Hulk Hogan Big E & Xavier Woods Becky Lynch Kevin Nash
    daithi1989 Mick Foley Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly Maxwell Jacob Friedman Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose
    Yadiel Teeny Logging The Undertaker Andre The Giant Vader Kane
    paulie21 Chris Jericho Drew McIntyre Randy Orton Charlotte Flair
    JP Liz V1 The Rock Owen Hart Finn Balor MVP
    The White Wolf Stone Cold Steve Austin American Alpha Hangman Page Sunny
    SlickRic Kurt Angle Roddy Piper Ronda Rousey Stephanie McMahon
    Uncle Walt Randy Savage Eddie Guerrero Sting Bray Wyatt
    brianregan09 Triple H Cody and Dustin Rhodes Kenny Omega Lashley
    NITRO95 British Bulldogs PAC Terry Funk William Regal
    ShagNastii King Kong Bundy PCO & The Mountie Disco Inferno Nailz
    bennyl10 Seth Rollins Cesaro Kevin Owens Miro
    A Brad Maddox Guy Daniel Bryan CM Punk Goldberg Rob Van Dam
    thebostoncrab AJ Styles Ric Flair The Brainbusters Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows
    wrestlemaniac Edge Matt Hardy Mr. Perfect & Scott Hall Wade Barrett
    Mr. Guappa Bret Hart Batista Darby Allin The Miz
    connemara man Roman Reigns The Usos Eddie Kingston Paige

• Advertisement

Pick made & PM sent

Good healthy roster brewing I think

Why am I so slow to cop tag teams can be drafted. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In relation to the pick in case people are wondering I forgot I made a ruling on the Impact Championship as a world title last year:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112415788&postcount=224
    TNA becoming Impact and merging with GFW and changing names repeatedly makes things quite confusing so based on this

Only TNA title reigns up until they unified the Impact World Championship with the GFW Global Championship in 2017 count.

After that they do not, in similar fashion to how we consider the NWA Championship to have diminished in value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Pick made and pm sent. There may be a theme to a lot of my picks

Sad to not get Suzuki again this year, drafted him last year and found he could work against so many different guys, I actually felt bad not putting him in the main event. High quality pick for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Okada wasn't in my plans, but I think I might have had to take him if he'd made it to me.

That roster is silly.

Bryan, Punk, Goldberg, Okada is mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,663 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't know why I thought Samoa Joe had gone earlier :o great pick, can be used in so many ways

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

BH is next, so I'd say that's it for the night.

We're flying.

Very tasty rosters forming all over the place, very hard to say which one I prefer at this stage.

Dusty - just spent a good hour watching videos and reading about him. I looked at the draw for this round and Yadiel Teeny Logging was the one I was most worried would pick him. Nice pick :)

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Dusty - just spent a good hour watching videos and reading about him. I looked at the draw for this round and Yadiel Teeny Logging was the one I was most worried would pick him. Nice pick :)

Id have taken him too. Some great main event tier talent in round 5

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id have taken him too. Some great main event tier talent in round 5

Yeah i thought it was a longshot he would reach me but with each passing pick the hope grew that little bit! The joys of the draft :)

Agreed, loads of top tier talent still available.

• Mr. Guappa wrote: »

I almost picked him last year before a spontaneous thought of a Buried Alive Match at Glasnevin Cemetery entered me head and I picked Kane instead.

Ive checked 3 times, cant see him being picked.

Im tired and may have missed him though.

But man if he isnt picked, its criminal he wasn't scooped up in round 3 (He was not available first 2 rounds or round 4)

Im very happy if I have indeed drafted Ibushi

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

BH is next, so I'd say that's it for the night.

We're flying.

Usually you'd have been right... 6am pick for the win and we keep on flying :D
    Mr. Guappa wrote: »

He was next in line most likely (followed closely by Ibushi although I dunno if I'd have written him as well as a character) for me to pick if my tag pick wasn't okayed by Necro. In fact I came pretty close to pulling the trigger on him either way as I had an idea of continuing last years Cody Rhodes/Vince McMahon feud but this time with Daddy Rhodes in his place. Some very nice and well timed picks atm

The thoughts of Ibushi Cena is simply mouthwatering! Even Cena would hate the poor guys neck!

Oh ****, I also forgot you drafted WALTER....poor poor Ibushi’s neck won’t last to your PPV!

Pick made, PM sent to daithi and new round order up in case youse run the rest of the round down whilst I'm working.

Delira to get Trish aboard the good ship NCW from my own perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Only 31 picks between my last pick and my next pick. The draft gods are laughing at me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Only 31 picks between my last pick and my next pick. The draft gods are laughing at me

You and me both, 33 pick wait for me:(

• Advertisement

Ballix last again in round 6. :D Starting to feel the heat so going to have to make a move at the end of this round that I didn't want to if it's still available.

Advertisement