Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Excellent pick, I had them on my list if they somehow survived this round I would draft them in the next round, but fully expected them to go.

I hope to at least book them better than WWE did.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yep another pick that I had noted down but expected to be gone before me. Nicely done and very nice roster so far.

Ive nothing planned for either of them, but Im sure I can think of something.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Pick up, sorry for the delay

Grumble Grumble Grumble! Great pick.. Back to the drawing board for me ahead of my pick!

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Grumble Grumble Grumble! Great pick.. Back to the drawing board for me ahead of my pick!

Im open to trades FYI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just noticed the Haas match I linked to doesn't include the date of the bout. A list of his recent matches is here. He's looking a bit rough. I hope he's doing alright.

Just noticed the Haas match I linked to doesn't include the date of the bout. A list of his recent matches is here. He's looking a bit rough. I hope he's doing alright.

Yeah he looks in bad shape.

Brocks best mate.... shrewd picking as always MNG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Was close to picking the world's greatest tag team last round but trying to think of a better combo to compliment a Sunny managed American Alpha.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Im open to trades FYI

You wanna do Nailz for Moxley?

An absolute world beater, a top class main event talent, a company maker, a man who threw it back at Vince McMahon.........for a former Shield member.

A very fair trade.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Im open to trades FYI

I actually forgot to open trades actually from the start of Round 6, so thanks for the reminder

Let's go with start of Round 7 to make it nice and official.

Nothing to stop any negotiations taking place prior to that mind, just they can't be announced till Round 7 begins.

I'm going to put up the next round order tonight at some stage, we're almost halfway through the round and I'm working late tomorrow eve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I often have Renee Dupree as one of my late round options but never take him. Definitely a 'Boy'!

Also kind of hoping MNG books a Charlie Haas redemption arc after seeing that

Speaking of boys, Haas is an absolute boy. Maybe hes too good to be a boy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I had WGTT on my wanted list but not until a couple of rounds from now. A solid team that plenty can be done with.

Necro wrote: »
    I actually forgot to open trades actually from the start of Round 6, so thanks for the reminder

Let's go with start of Round 7 to make it nice and official.

Nothing to stop any negotiations taking place prior to that mind, just they can't be announced till Round 7 begins.

I'm going to put up the next round order tonight at some stage, we're almost halfway through the round and I'm working late tomorrow eve

SOLD!

disclaimer, not actual trade

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

There is a bang of Jannetty off Haas for sure but WGTT were as real as a heart attack. Easily argued that they are the best tag team of that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A great team but also good as individual single competitors

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

New round order up. A little early maybe but I'm not sure on my availability tomorrow in case things speed up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Pick made and PM sent.

I almost picked Sasha last round, until I hit upon the Freebirds idea, so delighted that she was still available here.

Was 50/50 between her and another pick, so fingers crossed that pick slips through, although I think it's unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Next pick is up , again shocked my pick was still available

Next pick is up , again shocked my pick was still available

Considering the star power he wields , Im shocked

Maybe the metoo stuff put people off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

yeah suppose I thought about that , but I'm picking based on his wrestling career thankfully I think the pool would be dramatically smaller if we weren't allowed use folk with transgressions haha

Sorry lads, gonna be morning before I have my pick up - between Ricochet/Black going first and then Shelton/Haas, I need to have a proper look again.

• Quick question, how did Tanahashi last until round 6?

Quick question, how did Tanahashi last until round 6?

Not sure, a few may not have him as a priority I can only imagine, being more US-centric knowledge based - myself included tbh. Others have probably had him before a few times.
    There's a few others I'm always surprised to see go so late, Ted DiBiase lasted till round 5 and he's always a great value pick storyline wise.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Quick question, how did Tanahashi last until round 6?

People are weird. I actually got him in Rd6 last year too although I think he wasn't eligible due to stips in more rounds then. Some like the WWE tag team gold round might have cost him this time round though. Would have taken him without hesitation if he had gotten to me this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I have an idea of what I'm going for so I'm looking at a specific type of wrestler, so this would be why I'd be looking past bigger names at times.

People are weird. I actually got him in Rd6 last year too although I think he wasn't eligible due to stips in more rounds then. Some like the WWE tag team gold round might have cost him this time round though. Would have taken him without hesitation if he had gotten to me this time round.

Funnily enough, when he came around to me I had no interest as I have Cena and you already booked Cena and Himself last year.

Had he popped round to me in round 7 Id have to take him.

Whats worse is there is still some unreal talent floating about. Well by worse I mean awesome if they reach me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

Yeah I'm similar, going down a particular path, so looking for certain names now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I have an idea of what I'm going for so I'm looking at a specific type of wrestler, so this would be why I'd be looking past bigger names at times.

Yeah, I'm the same. After the first 3-4 rounds I had plans in my head and was drafting to fill specific roles rather than take the biggest name available.

That said, I would be more US-centric in my knowledge, like Necro says, so probably less likely to draft outside of the WWE bubble.

One part of the draft I do enjoy is researching picks and learning about wrestlers who I wouldn't know so well, or refreshing on those who might have faded from the memory a bit. Even this year, spent a good deal of time digging into Dusty Rhodes and The Freebirds, amongst others.

• Advertisement

Pick made (Sorry for the hold up again!) and DM sent to Nitro

Roster starting to take shape and whats in my head is looking more and more likely as each pick comes through!

Advertisement