Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Ballix last again in round 6. :D Starting to feel the heat so going to have to make a move at the end of this round that I didn't want to if it's still available.

Should have done as I did and slipped Necro a 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Final bit of my plans for the roster are taking hold and the storyline I want to run through my PPV card. Naito, Flair and the Brainbusters where the three most important pieces I needed to make this work, so now I can relax just a little bit as there are multiple different wrestlers that will help the overall plan, but there is enough of them to mean I won't need to stress about missing out.

On a side note, Naito is someone I've always wanted to draft and is someone I imagine would be a ton of fun to write for, as well as being someone that can deliver a main event match.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The thoughts of Ibushi Cena is simply mouthwatering! Even Cena would hate the poor guys neck!

Oh ****, I also forgot you drafted WALTER....poor poor Ibushi’s neck won’t last to your PPV!

Ah Ibushi was not expected at this stage, Im debating scrapping my original plans to shoehorn him in. A deep think is required.

Couldnt not draft him.
    Final bit of my plans for the roster are taking hold and the storyline I want to run through my PPV card. Naito, Flair and the Brainbusters where the three most important pieces I needed to make this work, so now I can relax just a little bit as there are multiple different wrestlers that will help the overall plan, but there is enough of them to mean I won't need to stress about missing out.

On a side note, Naito is someone I've always wanted to draft and is someone I imagine would be a ton of fun to write for, as well as being someone that can deliver a main event match.

Naito is great value at the mid point of round 5. Always wanted to draft him myself, but I never had a clear plan for him. Had Ibushi been gone, Naito would be one of my alternative picks for sure.

Usually you'd have been right... 6am pick for the win and we keep on flying :D

He was next in line most likely (followed closely by Ibushi although I dunno if I'd have written him as well as a character) for me to pick if my tag pick wasn't okayed by Necro. In fact I came pretty close to pulling the trigger on him either way as I had an idea of continuing last years Cody Rhodes/Vince McMahon feud but this time with Daddy Rhodes in his place. Some very nice and well timed picks atm

Keith Lee and Matt Riddle is a great research pick.

Lee's stock has risen while Riddle is still a fantastic in ring talent. Getting both in round 5 is a steal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Pick made and PM sent.

Plans coming together nicely now. I can still go a number of different ways with my main feuds depending on who is available later, but solid foundations in place now.

It's funny how a bit of added time allows a re-think - The Freebirds weren't even on my radar this morning, and now I'm delighted with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,526 ✭✭✭bennyl10

That's one I've wanted for a good while, gives a solid foundation to the women's side

(also can the sky pirates be a thing again please)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Pick made and PM sent.

Plans coming together nicely now. I can still go a number of different ways with my main feuds depending on who is available later, but solid foundations in place now.

It's funny how a bit of added time allows a re-think - The Freebirds weren't even on my radar this morning, and now I'm delighted with them.

Yeah I'm also happy with how my plans are coming together, need just one more pick to finalise them completely though so sweating a little :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sky Pirates is a great pick. Great value for money imo, it can be tough to do that with the women's championship rule, most of the big big names require a sacrifice or two in the men's division. Really liking everyone's roster so far, it's hard to pick out a favourite for me just yet in all honesty. I like the individual little quirks and different themes some are taking on a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

Im not 100% sure these bais where not already selected :pac:

They weren't. I'm amazed they lasted this long!!

• Advertisement

• The definitely weren't selected by me anyway.

Necro wrote: »
    They weren't. I'm amazed they lasted this long!!

Same im shocked they lasted to me even in this round let alone the others

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Same im shocked they lasted to me even in this round let alone the others

It amazes me they lasted so long when other talent was taken instead. Great value at round 5.

Round 6 will have some great value too. Im bound to get at least one great name.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    It amazes me they lasted so long when other talent was taken instead. Great value at round 5.

Round 6 will have some great value too. Im bound to get at least one great name.

So many top tier talents left

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I honestly can't believe 2 of my top 3 targets are left this round , I sorted of expected Ibushi to go early but for Jay White to be still available too I'm absolutely buzzing haha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Jay White was one I was about to pull the trigger on in this round, surprised myself he lasted this long!

I honestly can't believe 2 of my top 3 targets are left this round , I sorted of expected Ibushi to go early but for Jay White to be still available too I'm absolutely buzzing haha

I debated whether to take him, both too good to turn down

Pillman is just the best to write for.

He was my back up for Jake Roberts.

Pillman was my back up for this round

Phew, delighted to get Kofi over the line. Couldn't really take much more of a risk on him tbh.

• Advertisement

Roster update after 5 rounds of drafting:

Player Name Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5
    Mr. Nice Guy Brock Lesnar The Road Warriors Paul Heyman Jeff Hardy Ricky 'The Dragon' Steamboat
    Bounty Hunter Shawn Michaels DIY Vince McMahon New Age Outlaws Keith Lee & Matt Riddle
    beakerjoe John Cena Jon Moxley WALTER Jake 'The Snake' Roberts Kota Ibushi
    Necro Hulk Hogan Big E & Xavier Woods Becky Lynch Kevin Nash Trish Stratus
    daithi1989 Mick Foley Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly Maxwell Jacob Friedman Sonya Deville & Mandy Rose Braun Strowman
    Yadiel Teeny Logging The Undertaker Andre The Giant Vader Kane Dusty Rhodes
    paulie21 Chris Jericho Drew McIntyre Randy Orton Charlotte Flair Street Profits
    JP Liz V1 The Rock Owen Hart Finn Balor MVP Ted DiBiase
    The White Wolf Stone Cold Steve Austin American Alpha Hangman Page Sunny Brian Pillman
    SlickRic Kurt Angle Roddy Piper Ronda Rousey Stephanie McMahon Shinsuke Nakamura
    Uncle Walt Randy Savage Eddie Guerrero Sting Bray Wyatt Young Bucks
    brianregan09 Triple H Cody and Dustin Rhodes Kenny Omega Lashley Jay 'Switchblade' White
    NITRO95 British Bulldogs PAC Terry Funk William Regal Zack Sabre Jnr & Minoru Suzuki
    ShagNastii King Kong Bundy PCO & The Mountie Disco Inferno Nailz Enzo & Big Cass
    bennyl10 Seth Rollins Cesaro Kevin Owens Miro Io Shirai & Kairi Sane
    A Brad Maddox Guy Daniel Bryan CM Punk Goldberg Rob Van Dam Kazuchika Okada
    thebostoncrab AJ Styles Ric Flair The Brainbusters Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows Tetsuya Naito
    wrestlemaniac Edge Matt Hardy Mr. Perfect & Scott Hall Wade Barrett Samoa Joe
    Mr. Guappa Bret Hart Batista Darby Allin The Miz Fabulous Freebirds
    connemara man Roman Reigns The Usos Eddie Kingston Paige Fenix Jr & Pentagon

Necro wrote: »
    Phew, delighted to get Kofi over the line. Couldn't really take much more of a risk on him tbh.

Hogan vs The New Day please.

Absolutely money feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I changed my mind at least 6 times in the last hour :pac:

Theres my pick for this round gone

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    Theres my pick for this round gone

He really shouldn't be available this late in the draft.

He really shouldn't be available this late in the draft.

Its actually insane

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pillman
    Tanahashi
    Sky Pirates

All names that had no right to get to me but I had some hope for. Tanahashi was my champion last year as I won the draft and yet he lasts all the way until now, great value pick!

I shall have my pick up shortly

The richs available at this stage has me reevaluating my pick. Risk who I wanted and grab someone unplanned, or stay the course.....

Pick up, sorry for the delay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I shall have my pick up shortly

The richs available at this stage has me reevaluating my pick. Risk who I wanted and grab someone unplanned, or stay the course.....

Excellent pick, I had them on my list if they somehow survived this round I would draft them in the next round, but fully expected them to go.

Advertisement