Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Draft 2021 - Discussion (and sign up) Thread!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Pick made and PM sent

I do love a faction!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

New round order up!

Erm.. 2D - the most recent cheque bounced. Sorry brah :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I'm top half woo hoo

Necro wrote: »
    New round order up!

Erm.. 2D - the most recent cheque bounced. Sorry brah :P

579faad4e4b0263d20311c1b_1455589917779-yrd15k_t_1470081831571_640_360_400.gif

Rigged. The system is against me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah if you had been before me in the pick order I'd have been worried alright crabman, as it was I breathed a sigh of relief when MNG went for Big Poppa Pump as he had taken Misawa before (hence me mentioning he is a former MNG champion in my draft pick post.

I think your right about me and the tag limit too, although rd7 is particularly early for 5 tag picks! Will be interesting now to see who I go for in the future as there are so many wrestlers I always associate with potential partners as I love me some value tag picks. Will they seem as appealing alone?

I actually only have 1 name left on my wanted list anyway and that is a celeb so (available for a while and) not worrying too much about who my picks from now on, which is a very odd feeling after drawing no.1 in a no stip round when apparently the following round will be more restrictive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just out on a scoot with the wee one, will have a pick up in an hour

Pick made, PM sent

I had some hard decisions this round. So many people I want, so little chance of getting them next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Pick made, PM sent

I had some hard decisions this round. So many people I want, so little chance of getting them next round.

Aye there's one I want who I don't think will last beyond the end of the round, but I need to play it safe and pick someone else I need in order to form an idea I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JBL is a great pick at this stage, completely forgot about him

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Cheers Liz, I think JBL fits in well with my roster so far. Really liked the rich snooty character he played at the time, a fab transformation that put him right into the main event

• Advertisement

JBL crossed my mind alright as a possible authority figure but I have someone else in mind if they can last a few rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭NITRO95

Pick made and Pm sent.

Delighted to get Muta now. A huge name that I can go a number of different ways with

NITRO95 wrote: »
    Pick made and Pm sent.

Delighted to get Muta now. A huge name that I can go a number of different ways with

You have given me a headache there for reasons I will not divulge. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Had him on my list alright - didnt think he would last when I saw the draw, so had resigned myself to losing out!
    Only one name left on my list, so might need to draw up more names tomorrow or Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Was very tempted to take JBL this round, loved/hated him as a young fella and had an idea but it needed another pick to work and I wasn't confident of getting it. Big fan of that Mutoh pick too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ahh was going to pick JBL too but very happy with my 2nd choice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,518 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ahh was going to pick JBL too but very happy with my 2nd choice :D

JJ is a great pick, thought I could take him with Owen Hart earlier but forgot he was TNA world champ

and WCW Champion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

The “relaxed” rule on world champ helped with this stop and pick for sure. Loved booking Necro all those years ago, and the possibilities that Brodie brings with The Dark Order just was too exciting to turn down.

Four stables so far, now I have to ask myself when do I stop? :D

Cant believe Brodie Lee lasted this round.

Like the hypocrite I am, I considered drafting him this round. But declined against it because A the increase in top tier women being drafted meant Bayley wouldn't last much longers and B Aleister Black fits my story better.

• Advertisement

Was Brodie Lee not left out of this draft at the very start considering what happened I@m nearly sure someone said that at the very start

Was Brodie Lee not left out of this draft at the very start considering what happened I@m nearly sure someone said that at the very start

I suggested it but others felt it would be a nice why to pay tribute. After some thought I agreed and IIRC Necro allowed him to stay in.

Ahh Okay fair enough so :)

Ahh Okay fair enough so :)

Its the right call IMO. I still cant believe hes gone and I personally would find it hard, or so I thought initially. But its a fitting why to pay homage to the Big Rig

The “relaxed†rule on world champ helped with this stop and pick for sure. Loved booking Necro all those years ago, and the possibilities that Brodie brings with The Dark Order just was too exciting to turn down.

Glad I could help :P

Always thought about drafting Necro Butcher but thought it seemed a bit weird describing my own Boards name in a match :pac:

I thought Brodie was agreed to be off limits but I'm grand about it anyway, wanted to draft him along with Rowan. There's no harm.

I mean as long as the writing is tasteful it's just like drafting Owen, Pillman, Eddie et al.

Now Benoit on the other hand. :pac: this is my first year doing the draft so I assume that's a big no no.

Benoit was selected last year anyway.

I thought Brodie was agreed to be off limits but I'm grand about it anyway, wanted to draft him along with Rowan. There's no harm.

I mean as long as the writing is tasteful it's just like drafting Owen, Pillman, Eddie et al.

Now Benoit on the other hand. :pac: this is my first year doing the draft so I assume that's a big no no.

Hes not.

3 years ago I drafted him and he always gets drafted.

I pushed the envelope with how I wrote him. I tried to imagine a reality where he went to prison for his crimes, with a desperate Paul Heyman signing him up to headline a PPV against his sons mentor, Bret Hart

Now Benoit on the other hand. this is my first year doing the draft so I assume that's a big no no.

He's been booked before, most years actually. Beaker had him two years ago I think.

It's a controversial pick surely but certainly allowed. For me drafting Benoit sort of overshadows the whole roster, you've got that kind of... darkness contained within so it wouldn't be for me.

But others have drafted him and handled it very well, so it's all down to personal choice imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

I’d love to draft Benoit and he’s been picked a lot in the past, just incredibly hard to write for him without it being in bad taste

Advertisement