Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID-19: Vaccine and testing procedures Megathread Part 2 [Mod Warning - Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Stheno wrote: »
    Agreed on Ronan, he did well.

Simon Harris wasn't too bad either

Tony and Micheal are both dreadful

Leadership is an issue.

I don’t think Martin has the charisma, public leadership skills to really bind this country together... in fact he’s shown he probably hasn’t. Probably a well meaning dude but I’d think a minister should have been as far as he traveled in politics. Not a very good public speaker / communicator, which is important as communication is of huge importance during this pandemic and in general.

Still light years better than Leo, a fûcking glorified dodgy used car salesman in every facet of his being..a guy who just cleverly rode the LGBT wokie wave to hide his absolute dearth of ability.. scratch beneath the surface, the smile and suits and you have quite a malevolent, dodgy character.... history will be extremely unkind to him when this is all over... it should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Great stuff. I reckon they've received an earlier delivery date for next doses based on that. Once we start I don't think we'll be stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I thought Ronan Glynn was a great communicator , empathetic , encouraging and yet decisive . Tony Holohan is a dreadful communicator

Ronan Glynn isn't a member of Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Great stuff. I reckon they've received an earlier delivery date for next doses based on that. Once we start I don't think we'll be stopping.

You would hope so

A lot of work to do to get those in nursing homes and front line staff done asap

xhomelezz wrote: »
    Just heard him on the radio, thought he said they might start on Tuesday. Seeing is believing at this stage.

See, there's that word "might" again. Jayzuzz, this is the CEO of the HSE ffs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭xhomelezz

Marhay70 wrote: »
    See, there's that word "might" again. Jayzuzz, this is the CEO of the HSE ffs.

I could be wrong tho, but think that's what he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

I expect that medicine and nursing courses will be inundated next year with all the experts here
    HSE can expect a surge of applications for roles in 2021 too.

We must tap into the obvious world beating, oven ready expertise available on boards.ie

Are people just mad to go on the lash or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

I expect that medicine and nursing courses will be inundated next year with all the experts here

We must tap into the obvious world beating, oven ready expertise available on boards.ie

Er...ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Gotta love that its now 'a day ahead of schedule'. Lads you're still behind comparable countries!

An improvement at least I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

These posts are more annoying than anything. This is probably the most important process our government has been or will be in charge of for at least a decade, and you think we shouldn't question how its being handled?

Kindly do one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The optics are very poor. We're reaching record cases, hundreds of thousands out of work, repeatedly asked to rally together.. And then the people charged with solving the issue give the strong impression they're unprepared (relative to multiple countries) due to either incompetence or indifference.

I similarly await to see if they get through their targets. 9 to 5,Monday to Friday, if true sounds like a very poor start, smacking of union approved hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

AdamD wrote: »
    Gotta love that its now 'a day ahead of schedule'. Lads you're still behind comparable countries!

An improvement at least I suppose

That's all part of the spin. Like the way they had a photographer directing the forklift yesterday, and the photo ops with the big freezers - just a load of spin with no substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

ixoy wrote: »
    The optics are very poor. We're reaching record cases, hundreds of thousands out of work, repeatedly asked to rally together.. And then the people charged with solving the issue give the strong impression they're unprepared (relative to multiple countries) due to either incompetence or indifference.

I similarly await to see if they get through their targets. 9 to 5,Monday to Friday, if true sounds like a very poor start, smacking of union approved hours.

I’d laugh I really would ....the vaccine is here ready to go and a strike could be called by the HSE.

AstraZeneca CEO has said their vaccine provides 100% protection against severe Covid. Some good news for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

AstraZeneca CEO has said their vaccine provides 100% protection against severe Covid. Some good news for today.

The Irish guy that's heavily involved with it was on miriam ocallaghan a few weeks back and he was also saying they're fairly sure it helps in limiting transmission as well, which is super if true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

I'd say most people want their jobs back, or ya know, see their loved ones? Attend college maybe? Leave their county perhaps? Travel perhaps? Save a few lives maybe? Could be to limit the damage to our economy?

But yeah.. we all want this done ASAP to go on the lash. :rolleyes:

You're great for sneering at other posters but provide zero substance, indicitive of many posters on Boards.ie.

xhomelezz wrote: »
    I could be wrong tho, but think that's what he said.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt then. I would expect to be hearing words like will rather than might from people in high office at this stage, like "We will start on Sunday 27th"

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt then. I would expect to be hearing words like will rather than might from people in high office at this stage, like "We will start on Sunday 27th"

This is a summary of what was said by Reid plus a few other pieces of information. Still not liking the language, very little positivity, I thought we would have consent and registration done and dusted at this stage.
    Varadkar reckons Modernawill be approved on 6th January, should be ready to start vaccinations by Paddy's Day.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40197192.html

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I reckon they’ve received a later delivery date for the doses based on that. No point delaying the vaccinations anymore or the media will be hounding them even more.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    I reckon they’ve received a later delivery date for the doses based on that. No point delaying the vaccinations anymore or the media will be hounding them even more.

All the more reason, in my view, for the Government to come out and say so. Surely if they could lay the blame off somewhere else, they would be jumping at the chance.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

This is a summary of what was said by Reid plus a few other pieces of information. Still not liking the language, very little positivity, I thought we would have consent and registration done and dusted at this stage.
    Varadkar reckons Modernawill be approved on 6th January, should be ready to start vaccinations by Paddy's Day.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40197192.html

Is that ready to start Moderna vaccine by Paddys day? Pity we will receive doses much later compared to the Pfizer approval. There doses arrived within days

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

ixoy wrote: »

We want the vaccine administered as efficiently as possible. It’s a deadly pandemic. So the more efficiently we do it the better.. but no, Monday - Friday 9-5 ? What the fûck is that about ? Absolute joke shop of a country......

You have Aer Lingus, a business, with multiple people on shift across 7 days and 24 hours a day... to ensure people get from A-B and back again, safely. Pilots, cabin crew, catering, flight dispatchers, engineers, ramp staff, just so we can go on a holiday, go to work or from A-B for whatever reason....

A deadly pandemic arrives... “ no, the fix for this will be administered Mon - Fri 9-5 , thank you.”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

That be very stupid of a CEO to say 100% protection. Opening themselves to a suit if it is not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Can anyone please explain,

I have some extended wife's side family home for Xmas from New York for 2nd visit in three months and they had no issues getting here, not even Covid tests prior to coming over.

If us Irish wanted to go to the USA since last March we along with all of Europe are banned from entering the USA.

Where is the fairness?

I only learned they never had to do Covid tests and they are no restricting their movements or anything. I feel disgusted and disgusted with our government for not doing more to protect us.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

IrishHomer wrote: »

I have family home for Xmas from New York for 2nd visit in three months and they had no issues getting here, not even Covid tests prior to coming over.

If us Irish wanted to go to the USA since last March we along with all of Europe are banned from entering the USA.

Where is the fairness?

I only learned they never had to do Covid tests and they are no restricting their movements or anything. I feel disgusted and disgusted with our government for not doing more to protect us.

Why are your family not obeying the rules as they should?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,903 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Stheno wrote: »
    Why are your family not obeying the rules as they should?

Because they're special and guidelines don't apply to them?

I have family home for Xmas from New York for 2nd visit in three months and they had no issues getting here, not even Covid tests prior to coming over.

Where is the fairness?

Bizarre post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Avoation1091

Where is the fairness?

:/

They should be restricting there movement for 14 days or PCR test after 5 days restricted movement. Thats the advice. I know of others that did this and get tested before they left NY.

Trump has an EU ban hence were not allowed to the US but there allowed here but have to do that advice.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Because they're special and guidelines don't apply to them?

This appears to be a reason for the rise in cases imo. People coming home and not self isolating

I'd love to see some proper contact tracing to see how many overseas visitors brought and spread the virus to their families here

• Advertisement

Is that ready to start Moderna vaccine by Paddys day? Pity we will receive doses much later compared to the Pfizer approval. There doses arrived within days

Sorry, the Paddy's Day thing is just me being cynical. I expect the process will be similar to Pfizer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement