Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show 18-12-2020 (Busk for Simon)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Next you'll tell us you have 10,000 spoons

Next 10,000 posters will be telling me I am a spoon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just home, I see the begging bowl is out again tonight, what's that, 4 times since. September???

If only we paid for this tv show already???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Skid X wrote: »
    Bono is literally saying he gives a lot of money to charity but doesn't like to talk about it

smashienicey.jpg

Time for some decent music!

To all the LLS thread regulars...MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :D

Nadolig Llawen, Cymro Mawr!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Denny61

Hes a very annoying and patronising git !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Bono getting hate on boards. Never thought I'd see the day!

I think the man's a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

U2 fan but I thought Bono's comment about Ballymun flats getting built in the field behind his house was a bit cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Bono is worth nearly a billion. He could sort out Simon's problems in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Pinch Flat wrote: »
    Bono is worth nearly a billion. He could sort out Simon's problems in the morning.

Why should he. Maybe look into all the exhorbitant wages of CEOS and staff in the charities for homeless people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Why should he. Maybe look into all the exhorbitant wages of CEOS and staff in the charities for homeless people.

That is a very good point. Personally, I only support local clubs and charities where I know and trust the people involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭6541

Brilliant stuff, thank you Bono, The Edge, Glen and most of all Ryan. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Notoldorwise

I don't agree. Bono owes the world nothing. He and U2 have written and performed songs that are there for anybody to enjoy, or not. Personally, I enjoy many of their songs. That's it. They don't owe me, or anybody else anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Yep I always thought that particularly when giving that speech at the U2 concerts

Bono worth just over half a billion hactually(but lets not fall out over a half a billion). Plenty, yeah I see that, but if that could sort out Simons problem's, dont you reckon any government ever, would have done so in order to achieve hero status.

Of course Bono could also sort out Africa's issues if he just dug in...

He could probably take care of Irish Water and the M50 toll but hes just too far up his own hole, and also was born nowhere near the Ballymun Towers. Like the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Good show. Dublin centric albeit, it focused on homeless people from the whole island that end up bereft and lost in the capital, highlighted by the artists of the countries cultural epicentre.

Hope you all donated.

https://www.simonbusk.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I only saw the very beginning where Tubridy was saying it was going to be fantastic, the best show of the year or even the decade. The greatest collection of musicsns . Something like that. My God he certainly is one for self praise. All self serving.
    I think the viewers will decide all those things not hinself.

bobbyss wrote: »
    I only saw the very beginning where Tubridy was saying it was going to be fantastic, the best show of the year or even the decade. The greatest collection of musicsns . Something like that. My God he certainly is one for self praise. All self serving.
    I think the viewers will decide all those things not hinself.

Yeah I thought it was very good. Did you? Oh you didnt watch. K.

Seriously though, he gets all these big name performers on his show for a Christmas special, performing for a homeless charity, and you want him to be downbeat? Not to promote it? Frustrating you would bother being so negative about a charity appeal you didnt even watch but like fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Good show. Dublin centric albeit, it focused on homeless people from the whole island that end up bereft and lost in the capital, highlighted by the artists of the countries cultural epicentre.

Hope you all donated.

https://www.simonbusk.ie

You really have to ask though why are they housing non productive people in productive area housing, surely house them in the back and beyond until they are fit to go to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

darlett wrote:
    Yeah I thought it was very good. Did you? Oh you didnt watch. K.

darlett wrote:
    Seriously though, he gets all these big name performers on his show for a Christmas special, performing for a homeless charity, and you want him to be downbeat? Not to promote it? Frustrating you would bother being so negative about a charity appeal you didnt even watch but like fair play.

Just to be clear and to answer your first question, no i certainly did not watch it. Only the very beginning. That was Imelda May who I can't stand. That was enough for me. I had heard that Shane McGowan was to be in it and that was another reason not to watch. He can't sing at rhis stage . 5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭applehunter

6,666 abortions in Ireland in 2019.

Endorsed by U2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭riddles

walshb wrote: »
    I am getting a real vibe that Tubridy couldn’t give a toss for this cause!

Hard to say which Tubridy has less interest in, homelessness or the Irish country music scene 🤷🏻*♂️:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

6,666 abortions in Ireland in 2019.

Endorsed by U2.

That’s a huge Carbon saving in Airline Fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I don't agree. Bono owes the world nothing. He and U2 have written and performed songs that are there for anybody to enjoy, or not. Personally, I enjoy many of their songs. That's it. They don't owe me, or anybody else anything.

Yeah but they are lecturing the State here about what they should be doing for the homelessness, while depriving the State of taxes that they should be paying here that could help sort out the problem. None of them are Dutch. They are all Irish and they should pay their taxes here, same as the rest of us. Any true journalist or presenter should be obliged to mention the hypocrisy in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭riddles

Yeah but they are lecturing the State here about what they should be doing for the homelessness, while depriving the State of taxes that they should be paying here that could help sort out the problem. None of them are Dutch. They are all Irish and they should pay their taxes here, same as the rest of us. Any true journalist or presenter should be obliged to mention the hypocrisy in this.

I think we are as a nation beneficiaries of tax efficient business models and should be wary about pointing fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

LLS have turned to charadee industry panhandling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

riddles wrote: »
    I think we are as a nation beneficiaries of tax efficient business models and should be wary about pointing fingers.

This exactly. All the multi nationals here not paying tax when we moan that one of our own does it elsewhere. They do pay tax here anyhow. The moved their royalties side of the business to Holland ,which would be a relatively small percentage of their overall wealth. As has been stated many times they do pay tax in ireland.
    Love or hate bono/u2 there is no arguing that they will leave a positive stamp on the world. They could live the hedons life but have chosen to lots of good work. Are they perfect, definitely not but I doubt anyone on here has done as much to make the world a better place. And yes I most definitely include myself in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

When we get the U2 tax payment location argument settled we should revisit Roy and Saipan.

That’s always worth a few pages of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

You can tell a lot about someone’s personality based solely on their views of U2’s (the corporation) tax affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Decent version in fairness, after a few listens (Imelda’s poem intro omitted)...

Just spotted that Shane had the lyrics on paper in front of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,140 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Advertisement