Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show 18-12-2020 (Busk for Simon)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

I love that sinister/comical canary in the carbon monoxide ad.

He sounds like Ronnie drew singing the master McGrath song.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Skid X wrote: »
    Darlene Love performs this on American TV every year

Great singer

28 consecutive years on The Letterman Show up to 2014, and 2015 to present on The View chat show on ABC. I think she put this years performance up on her Facebook page today. The definitive version of the great song by a wonderful lady who is now almost 80 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

127 people sleeping rough nationally. That's it.

Surely Glenn and the busking stars should have been able to sort this relatively minor problem by now

The majority of that 127 dont want to be helped

, but I have to say I was expecting a bit more from that show tonight.

????

• Registered Users Posts: 19,599 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Happy Christmas to yis all!

Be excellent to each other!

Don't let the bells end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

physioman wrote: »

Indeed. But they provide a great vehicle for Glenn and the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

I enjoyed that. Now I'm enjoying reading how much and in how many hilariously competitive ways most people on here didnt. Smilie face. Sure wouldnt it be a dull world if we all went the same way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Thought the Toy Show thread was bad. This is toxic. I’m not a massive U2 fan, love some of their albums but wouldn’t be rushing to see them. But the amount of poisonous comments on here about them and Bono in particular is a very sad reflection on this board and Irish people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Allinall

Surely Glenn and the busking stars should have been able to sort this relatively minor problem by now

How?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

Eamon_ wrote: »
    I can relate to Bono and him saying his father dying was a release of some sort.

My dad is still around but I received a lot of criticism from childhood all the way through and know he's thinking I should have done X or should do Y.

I think Diarmuid Gavin had the same experience.

I hear you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

darlett wrote: »
    I enjoyed that. Now I'm enjoying reading how much most people didnt. Smilie face. Sure wouldnt it be a dull world if we all went the same way!

I thought raglan road version was brilliant and everything Bono related was sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Thought the Toy Show thread was bad. This is toxic. I’m not a massive U2 fan, love some of their albums but wouldn’t be rushing to see them. But the amount of poisonous comments on here about them and Bono in particular is a very sad reflection on this board and Irish people.

Bono is so far up his own arse he has turned inside out and back again 10 times over.

Went to see them in the point in 2018 - it was an unbelievable show until Bono started talking ****e and ruined it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The ceremonial opening of the annual Chistmas TV Forum Thread has been performed at the end of the final LLS of the year, sure it's traditional

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058142329

physioman wrote: »

I remember on a tour in Vancouver (which has similar homeless/addictionissue) the guide telling us how the government, well-meaning philanthropists and volunteers have tried to supply no end of free top-class housing, but that the certain cohort do not want to be indoors away from quick ready access to drugs. She said the issue is not a money one, but an addiction/personality/psychiatric one.

Bbc4 has a "Country Christmas" programme on right now.

Maybe all Country Christmas specials area bit crap?

Because this certainly is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Is that it? Is that the finale to end all finales????

I assumed that it would be at 11:25 and mis-timed my shower for 11:05. Is it worth going back and watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

It's a multi million industry for all those CEOs and charities.

An absolute scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Bono is so far up his own arse he has turned inside out and back again 10 times over.

Went to see them in the point in 2018 - it was an unbelievable show until Bono started talking ****e and ruined it

If in 2018 you went to a U2 show and didn’t expect Bono to start talking, that’s on you. I’ve never seen them but I know what he’s like.

He’s a multi multi millionaire. If I was him, I’d be holed up in my mansion with all the cocaine and hookers you could fit in a mansion. I admire him for trying to make a difference even if I don’t always agree with how he does it.

I also think some of the “pay your taxes” jibes in this thread and in general are cheap and nasty. I’d bet he’s paid more tax in this country than the rest of us combined. Also, as someone else said, it’s U2 that’s registered in the Netherlands, not Bono. And, as far as I know, it’s on the public record that the decision was made democratically within the band so no one knows how much influence, if any, that Bono had on that decision. But it’s an easy stick to beat him with.

I assumed that it would be at 11:25 and mis-timed my shower for 11:05. Is it worth going back and watching?

It's just Baby, please come home. The Christmas song U2 do, except with the others joining in a bit while standing round behind them. That's it.

Bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

I remember on a tour in Vancouver (which has similar homeless/addictionissue) the guide telling us how the government, well-meaning philanthropists and volunteers have tried to supply no end of free too-class housing, but that the certain cohort do not want to be indoors away from quick ready access to drugs. She said the issue is not a money one, but an addiction/personality/psychiatric one.

For sure. Nothing that Tubridy, Hewson or Hansard do will have any effect on that reality. It is the ultimate vanity to set oneself up as some type of saviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Missed the start, rewatching Heyday, fecking love that tune so much, I wonder what would have become of Mic if he hadn't died so young, class tune...

Definitely not :(

It's worth going back and watching, if you need something to fill what, 3 minutes of your evening.

Very strange.

If in 2018 you went to a U2 show and didn’t expect Bono to start talking, that’s on you. I’ve never seen them but I know what he’s like.

He’s a multi multi millionaire. If I was him, I’d be holed up in my mansion with all the cocaine and hookers you could fit in a mansion. I admire him for trying to make a difference even if I don’t always agree with how he does it.

I also think some of the “pay your taxes” jibes in this thread and in general are cheap and nasty. I’d bet he’s paid more tax in this country than the rest of us combined. Also, as someone else said, it’s U2 that’s registered in the Netherlands, not Bono. And, as far as I know, it’s on the public record that the decision was made democratically within the band so no one knows how much influence, if any, that Bono had on that decision. But it’s an easy stick to beat him with.

Got it for free.

He might have paid more taxes than you or I, but as a % of what he actually earns he paid a lot less. Also, you don't hear me on television lecturing the government

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

You OK Bono?

I think some people are genuinely concerned for Bono's health tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

I thought raglan road version was brilliant and everything Bono related was sh1te.

Yeah that's fairly typical. The chap is marmite. I love him*, despite the cheese. Maybe even on level I dont understand or like, because of it.

*Ironically, I guess, cos I ****ing hate marmite.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

The lack of music and singing in the show was a major letdown, considering who the guests were. I like some of U2's songs, but Bono is unbelievably boring/ annoying to listen to being interviewed. We all have our views and opinions, positive and negative. After all this is a discussion board.

• Advertisement

darlett wrote: »
    Yeah that's fairly typical. The chap is marmite. I love him, despite the cheese. Maybe even on level I dont understand or like, because of it.

Ironically, I guess, cos I ****ing hate marmite.

Next you'll tell us you have 10,000 spoons

Advertisement