Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show 18-12-2020 (Busk for Simon)

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

riddles wrote: »
    I think we are as a nation beneficiaries of tax efficient business models and should be wary about pointing fingers.

I guess that hypocrisy is at the core of the State when you have revenue busting the b@lls of small companies to pay their taxes while at the same time cutting sweetheart deals with big companies because they are terrified they will up and leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

RTE have uploaded Walk On to the youtube site, but not the grand finale. I wonder is that indicative of how they they themselves thought it sounded on the listen back. Given the build up that Tubridy gave it you would have thought that this would be the first thing they would have uploaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

RTE have uploaded Walk On to the youtube site, but not the grand finale. I wonder is that indicative of how they they themselves thought it sounded on the listen back. Given the build up that Tubridy gave it you would have thought that this would be the first thing they would have uploaded.

Could also be a rights issue

• Registered Users Posts: 54,747 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The man should be nowhere near tv..

He is very unwell..Been unwell for decades..

What is Ireland’s obsession with this man? He could not talk yesterday. And Tubridy trying to interview him..

Nowhere else would have someone that unwell trotted out and put on display the way we have it..

And as for his wife..giving out about people commenting. If she had any respect for the man, she wouldn’t be putting him on display like some freak show, because that is what it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

You really have to ask though why are they housing non productive people in productive area housing, surely house them in the back and beyond until they are fit to go to work.

Dumping homeless city people in rural areas "until they're fit to go back to work" isn't the answer. There's no opportunities for them to rehabilitate and improve once they're out of the community and the "back and beyond" may seem like a hinterland to you, but it's most likely a community in itself and won't welcome homeless people being dumped on them with no real oppurtunities of rehabilitation, medical care and work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Raglan Road was great. Finbar Furey was great.

I hope performances like that never disappear from our screens.

We are lucky to have that song and his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,515 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There should be a ballad session each year of LLS, same as country music special.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

I'm looking back on Raglan Road now and I am blown away by it.

In a world dominated by XFactor type ****, we have this and it's great.

Shane, John Sheehan and Finbar singing with conviction. We should celebrate these people as much as possible. They wont be around forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Pay your taxes Bono.

Fairness ay.

As a resident of Ireland, he does and has to pay his taxes. He is not a tax exile like Denis O’Brien and Michael Smurfit. The whole U2 tax thing is getting tiring at this stage and probably leaked at the time by some disgruntled Accountant.

To add, given his enormous wealth/lifestyle he will probably pay more tax than any of us ever will in our lifetime unless some of the commentators have similar wealth and lifestyle that he does which is probably not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭bobbyss

walshb wrote:

walshb wrote:

walshb wrote:
    What is Ireland’s obsession with this man? He could not talk yesterday. And Tubridy trying to interview him..

Yes indeed. I agree. Am not much of a music buff but outside of Fairy tale I can't think of what else he has written that's been successful?

In previous interviews with him, the ones that i could understand, I don't think he had anything much of interest to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭anewme

bobbyss wrote: »
    Am not much of a music buff but outside of Fairy tale I can't think of what else he has written that's been successful?

You say you are “not much” of a music buff but still think it’s appropriate to sum up Shane McGowans career as Fairytale of New York.

You are exaggerating.

You are not a music buff in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

anewme wrote: »
    You say you are “not much” of a music buff but still think it’s appropriate to sum up Shane McGowans career as Fairytale of New York.

You are exaggerating.

You are not a music buff in any way.

Big shane fan but I really don't think it's fair to him to put him on tv. If it was my father I wouldn't like it.

Big shane fan but I really don't think it's fair to him to put him on tv. If it was my father I wouldn't like it.

I’m referring more to the comment that the poster is summing up Shane’s career as Fairytale of New York.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

anewme wrote: »
    I’m referring more to the comment that the poster is summing up Shane’s career as Fairytale of New York.

Oh I agree. I was actually meant to post not reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

walshb wrote: »

Nowhere else would have someone that unwell trotted out and put on display the way we have it..

And as for his wife..giving out about people commenting. If she had any respect for the man, she wouldn’t be putting him on display like some freak show, because that is what it is..

What is your obsession with him?

Brian Scan wrote: »
    What is your obsession with him?

The man.

This man.

Not once using Shane's name in order to disrespect.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 Eamon_

Raglan Road was awful.

Imelda May needs to piss off. Over in England, let her make her living over there instead of being stuck on our screens and she in another country. Absolutely awful at poetry as well. Finbar Furey can't sing, he spoke the words.

And I always get uneasy listening to Raglan Road knowing it's about Kavanagh being a creep. He's 40, she's 22 and not interested in him yet he keeps pushing her.

Eamon_ wrote: »
    Raglan Road was awful.

Imelda May needs to piss off. Over in England, let her make her living over there instead of being stuck on our screens and she in another country. Absolutely awful at poetry as well. Finbar Furey can't sing, he spoke the words.

And I always get uneasy listening to Raglan Road knowing it's about Kavanagh being a creep. He's 40, she's 22 and not interested in him yet he keeps pushing her.

Negativity is something that drains the life out of people. Always looking for the bad in people and situations. Imelda May should piss off? Why should she?

Finbar Furey is a rare talent, the emotion in his voice is palpable.

The lonesome boatman is spine tingling and for me sums up being Irish. It goes through your bones.

As always, music reaches people in a way other mediums dont and it also says a lot about the person who appreciates it and feels it; they are the lucky ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,455 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Eamon_ wrote: »
    Raglan Road was awful.

You are being a bit hard on Imelda and Finbar there.

They are genuine artists in their own right, ok if you don't appreciate them but no need for the abuse.

Paddy Kavanagh was one of our best and your interpretation of Raglan Road is trite and harsh on the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Happy Christmas me ar$e

132704763_3332678440170569_6860255720536678278_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=_FFCpOVh8ZcAX9vTt4h&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=25d9a669f6dca11cc181c5eb821dd93e&oe=600C4D18

• Advertisement
Advertisement