Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone paying tax?

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 74 ✭✭Mickey_James

Ah yes, because its always the woman's fault, for getting herself pregnant, isn't it?

Men have no responsibility for contraception or where they put their dicks.

This attitude from people like you is exactly why guys think its okay to walk away and leave women like Becky "holding the baby".

Yet its the woman you attempt to shame. Clown.

Get an abortion if she doesn't want the baby

I generally offer to pay cash but then I surreptitiously report the trader to Revenue.

I feel this avoids the moral-hazard of facilitating tax-evasion but still allows me to avail of the cheaper 'cash-price'.

I sleep easy with that approach too.
    But i wait a few weeks before reporting, so as no to draw suspicions on me.

What on earth made people think that 2008 was some kind of benchmark that signified the correct amount people should be paid. We were living way past our means back then, salaries gone mad, public sector spending gone mad!

Eh, the benchmarking process that went on before it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Ah yes, because its always the woman's fault, for getting herself pregnant, isn't it?

Men have no responsibility for contraception or where they put their dicks.

This attitude from people like you is exactly why guys think its okay to walk away and leave women like Becky "holding the baby".

Yet its the woman you attempt to shame. Clown.

Women are the gate keepers. If a women allows herself to get into a situation (assuming she voluntarily and willingly went to bed with these guys) where she has multiple kids with multiple fathers and is now living hand to mouth off the state then shame on her. Yes.

Moralise all you want about feckless fathers or spread out the blame but at the end of the day it is Becky that is left in the ****. She ought to know better but she probably does not.

For the record I would love to see feckless fathers hunted to the end of the earth and their earnings docked for childcare. The system should be made as easy as possible without the need to go to Court.

• Advertisement

Get an abortion if she doesn't want the baby

So tell a woman to go through a medical procedure rather then wrap it up? What a prince.

Wear a condom, or use your fist, if you don't want to risk getting someone pregnant, instead of expecting her to pay for your fun.

I wonder how many of those on boards who like to throw shame at single mothers, have kids they aren't paying for.

Women are the gate keepers.

Gate keepers? What an absolute, cowardly cop out.

No matter how much you would like to divest men of all responsibility for getting women pregnant, it takes two to tango.

If some guy has sex with a woman who already has five kids, he knows there is a possibility of a sixth.

Stop making excuses.

Wear a condom, or use your fist, if you don't want to risk getting someone pregnant, instead of expecting her to pay for your fun.

Hold on now tiger..this has taken an unexpected turn. Keep you fetish and kinks off this sacred and learned thread. I suppose after 5-6 kids she could handle a fist.

I think guys would be paying Becky for that type of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Good advice in theory, but in reality it's Becky who's going to end up pregnant, not whichever random drunk she's entertaining.

Becky really needs to look the fúck out for herself and not be so reliant on the paternal instincts of randomers!

It's certainly not right for blokes to be knocking women up and then doing a runner, but it's not right for someone to come into your house and steal your telly either, it still happens.

With that in mind it's definitely sound advice that you lock your door at night, rather than rely on the neighbourhood junkies to do the decent thing, do you not think?

Gate keepers? What an absolute, cowardly cop out.

No matter how much you would like to divest men of all responsibility for getting women pregnant, it takes two to tango.

If some guy has sex with a woman who already has five kids, he knows there is a possibility of a sixth.

Stop making excuses.

The women has allowed herself to get pregnant (I already said it takes two to tango etc etc). But a woman knows full well that she risks pregnancy- the guy does not get pregnant.

Blaming the guys is fine and dandy (and feckless father should be hunted down and made pay) but as I keep saying that is of little use to Becky 9 months later is it?

You really are not living in the real world. You are trying to equalise out a situation that is not equal. Whether you like it or not the position is not equal.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 74 ✭✭Mickey_James

So tell a woman to go through a medical procedure rather then wrap it up? What a prince.

I wonder how many of those on boards who like to throw shame at single mothers, have kids they aren't paying for.

Their body, their choice.

Women have 3 chances
    - say no to spreading their legs
    - use contraception
    - abortion

no excuses

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Allinall

Women have 3 chances
    - use contraception
    - abortion

no excuses

How many chances do fellows have?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,750 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Women have 3 chances
    - use contraception
    - abortion

no excuses
    Their body their choice.

Like it or not, women are the deciding factor here. Take the pill. Men don't get pregnant, women do.

And in the event of "one night stands" which most of these "beckys" seem to have multiples of, it's the woman that's left holding the baby and the taxpayer footing the bill.

Allinall wrote: »
    How many chances do fellows have?

To get pregnant and be left holding the baby? Zero.

ELM327 wrote: »
    To get pregnant and be left holding the baby? Zero.

That wasn't the question, as you well know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

I generally offer to pay cash but then I surreptitiously report the trader to Revenue.

I feel this avoids the moral-hazard of facilitating tax-evasion but still allows me to avail of the cheaper 'cash-price'.

cant tell if youre a wum or just a complete sad case. I'm going with the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

ElJeffe wrote: »
    Social housing isn't free. You pay a percentage of your income to the relevant council for rent.

If your income is free (for you) money from the social, then using that free money means the social housing literally costs you nothing, therefore free.

That wasn't the question, as you well know.

Well why don't you ask a second question so.

The women has allowed herself to get pregnant (I already said it takes two to tango etc etc). But a woman knows full well that she risks pregnancy- the guy does not get pregnant.

Blaming the guys is fine and dandy (and feckless father should be hunted down and made pay) but as I keep saying that is of little use to Becky 9 months later is it?

You really are not living in the real world. You are trying to equalise out a situation that is not equal. Whether you like it or not the position is not equal.

Do you actually hear yourself? "The guy does not get pregnant" so its simply not a factor for him?

I seriously hope to god you do not have sons and if you do, you are not teaching them this ****e.

And I seriously hope to god you do not have daughters who you would place all the blame (and shame them for it) on their shoulders if they fell pregnant.

I have just checked. My public sector buddies who I am referring to are still very much alive and well and still in the public sector and the conversations did not take place 20 years ago....slightly strange statement.

I call pure bollocks on that.

They probably work in a little imaginary office in your mind where PMDS doesn't exist, and increments don't end..... and oh wait, everyone probably takes a half day on Fridays too.

Because the myths you are spouting about the public sector were out of date 20 years ago.

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Their body their choice.

Like it or not, women are the deciding factor here. Take the pill. Men don't get pregnant, women do.

And in the event of "one night stands" which most of these "beckys" seem to have multiples of, it's the woman that's left holding the baby and the taxpayer footing the bill.

Well that's it. Blame the man and woman equally for the pregnancy. Fine. But it's the woman that gets pregnant not the man. I know its not very feminist or lib but the woman has to exercise more control and has to have a higher standard of care over her own body as she will be left in the ****- not the man.

It is just the hard cold reality- women get pregnant and men do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

You are right that COVID has impacted activity but that's only 1 quarter. There are 4 lists per year. It only represents those taxpayers who met the publication criteria which are quite stringent. The vast bulk of cases are never published. Have a look at Revenue's annual reports for the full picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Well that's it. Blame the man and woman equally for the pregnancy. Fine. But it's the woman that gets pregnant not the man. I know its not very feminist or lib but the woman has to exercise more control and has to have a higher standard of care over her own body as she will be left in the ****- not the man.

It is just the hard cold reality- women get pregnant and men do not.

It's not even about "blame" though - that will trigger a reaction from people. It's about self accountability. Blame is accusatory. No one is blaming anyone.

We don't have any self accountability since the welfare state came in from the late 90's onwards. Do what you want and the state (read: taxpayers) will foot the bill.

If a fella can't decide to abort the baby then he shouldn't be burdened with raising a kid he doesn't want.

If a fella doesn't want to take responsibility for his own fertility, he should keep his dick in his pants and his sperm away from any possibly of making contact with any woman's eggs.

I can't make it any simpler for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

Jesus, the arrogance in this thread is eye watering. Fcuk sake.

Do you actually hear yourself? "The guy does not get pregnant" so its simply not a factor for him?

I seriously hope to god you do not have sons and if you do, you are not teaching them this ****e.

And I seriously hope to god you do not have daughters who you would place all the blame (and shame them for it) on their shoulders if they fell pregnant.

You are not living in reality. Again you are trying to equalise a situation that is unfortunately not equal not matter how hard you try or want it to be. There are countless examples all over the world.

Of course the guy should be held accountable- I have said this multiple times but again it's the women that is left holding the baby so it is inevitable that she must exercise a higher standard of personal care if she is to avoid "accidently" becoming pregnant and being left high and dry.

Rant and get as angry as you want but you need to accept the situation is not equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

NIMAN wrote: »
    I always wondered how big this grey economy is?

Must be large percentage. Again if all these folk and all the huge companies paid their tax properly then how much better would our schools, hospitals, roads, etc be?

Probably not much, government would just spend the money on white elephants built by their cronies,.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,244 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Knowingly facilitating tax evasion is as bad as tax evasion itself.

... so you insist on paying the tax then?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

If a fella doesn't want to take responsibility for his own fertility, he should keep his dick in his pants and his sperm away from any possibly of making contact with any woman's eggs.

I can't make it any simpler for you.

Unfortunately I fear you'll have to try.

Advertisement