Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional Vaccine Allocation - updated 31/03/21

Options

Comments

is_that_so wrote: »
    Nearly 70,000 front lines workers, up to Thursday, have been vaccinated and probably a good few more now. That sector I believe is about 100K and should be done soon enough.

So much of this narrative is fed by the media need to trawl up bad news and outrage. They won't run stories on happy vaccinated HCWs but will broadcast the disgruntled who may have been messed around or more likely have uninformed expectations about how the plan is being run.

Over this weekend they are doing a trial run in 3 MVCs(mass vaccination centres) with 1,800 Moderna shots for those in the GP sector.

Well definitely, the more shots to more people the merrier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I haven't been following this thread. Is there any update on when GPs are getting vaccines for the over 70s?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Dante7 wrote: »
    I haven't been following this thread. Is there any update on when GPs are getting vaccines for the over 70s?
    February/March as they'll need to vaccinate GPs first.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It'll be from mid Feb onwards.

No special knowledge there but decent quantities of moderna doses will arrive by then and astra stocks should be here since approval expected end-Jan.

February/March as they'll need to vaccinate GPs first.

That's a very wide window. Has there been anything stated about when the GPs will be getting them? 1st February? 31st March? My Dad has several serious underlying conditions and will be vaccinated via his GP and has been told that he will high priority. But as of the middle of this week, the GP has heard nothing at all from the HSE.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    It'll be from mid Feb onwards.

No special knowledge there but decent quantities of moderna doses will arrive by then and astra stocks should be here since approval expected end-Jan.

Mid-February. Cheers. Couldn't find anything at all online as specific as that.

That's a very wide window. Has there been anything stated about when the GPs will be getting them? 1st February? 31st March? My Dad has several serious underlying conditions and will be vaccinated via his GP and has been told that he will high priority. But as of the middle of this week, the GP has heard nothing at all from the HSE.
    Donnelly has said the older ones will be finished by the end of March. Starting today in the MVCs. From what they have been saying February is healthcare including GPs.

Donnelly has said finished the older ones by the end of March. Starting today in the MVCs. From what they have been saying February is healthcare including GPs.

What's MVCs?

What's MVCs?
    Mass vaccination centres/clinics. 3 open this weekend as a test run.

https://twitter.com/RobOHanrahan/status/1350401248764297216

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

What's MVCs?

Mass vaccination centres

• Advertisement

With regard to high risk case vaccination, I'm curious as to what my own appointment letter to attend "Covid Clinic" in SVUH at end of March is about, as I've never tested positive, and my GP said he had my name on priority listing. Will find out when I attend, and I'm not clogging up phone lives trying to find out if perhaps this is an early more general vaccine clinic being rolled out there. Could be wrong, but curious nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Nearly 70,000 front lines workers, up to Thursday, have been vaccinated and probably a good few more now. That sector I believe is about 100K and should be done soon enough.

So much of this narrative is fed by the media need to trawl up bad news and outrage. They won't run stories on happy vaccinated HCWs but will broadcast the disgruntled who may have been messed around or more likely have uninformed expectations about how the plan is being run.

Over this weekend they are doing a trial run in 3 MVCs(mass vaccination centres) with 1,800 Moderna shots for those in the GP sector.

Ah come on.

There are genuine videos all over the internet by many nurses criticising why others have been vaccinated first .

Ah come on.

There are genuine videos all over the internet by many nurses criticising why others have been vaccinated first .
    Ah, videos on the internet ... I'll yet again pose the question - what is it in the pandemic that is so different pre and post-vaccination date? We continue to observe the same guidelines, precautions etc. and will do for months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭polesheep

Ah, videos on the internet ... I'll yet again pose the question - what is it in the pandemic that is so different pre and post-vaccination date? We continue to observe the same guidelines, precautions etc. and will do for months.

Protection from serious illness or death.

You don't seem to believe that those medics working directly with Covid patients deserve to have that risk mitigated as quickly as possible and ahead of those who are less at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Videos made by Nurses on the Frontline.

Your showing them a total lack of respect.

polesheep wrote: »
    Protection from serious illness or death.

You don't seem to believe that those medics working directly with Covid patients deserve to have that risk mitigated as quickly as possible and ahead of those who are less at risk.
    It's not going to be mitigated for at least 2 months anyway and in the meantime they'll continue to use the same tools they've used to date. We are probably very close to completing this group so I'm moving on from it.

Videos made by Nurses on the Frontline.

Your showing them a total lack of respect.
    No, I'm just showing my general disdain for videos people make to share on the internet and I make no exceptions!

Thanks. Any idea how those who are being vaccinated here are being prioritised and contacted. My Dad's GP is a fairly large Dublin practise and they have said that they have heard nothing. I'll try and chase it up a bit further myself on Monday and post back here if I learn any more. Cheers for the replies. I learned more here from a few posters than I have after a week of phone calls and fruitless online searches.

ETA. I see that is the GPs being vaccinated in the MVCs first, so probably not that unusual that individual GP practices have not yet been contacted.

Thanks. Any idea how those who are being vaccinated here are being prioritised and contacted. My Dad's GP is a fairly large Dublin practise and they have said that they have heard nothing. I'll try and chase it up a bit further myself on Monday and post back here if I learn any more. Cheers for the replies. I learned more here from a few posters than I have after a week of phone calls and fruitless online searches.

ETA. I see that is the GPs being vaccinated in the MVCs first, so probably not that unusual that individual GP practices have not yet been contacted.
    At a complete guess I would say they'll use Moderna shots for that. They're using up half this weekend. I doubt they'll book more in or notify them till they get more vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,556 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Most people in the system are just working away, while another team will be working on logistics, who won't be answering questions (because they're working on logistics).

I'd imagine you won't find out anything until the first or second week of February when they have a better idea of vaccine supply, and then which people to prioritise with that supply, do remember that the time you are spending on call is time the person answering it could be spending on other patients.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Were GPs always due to get it in this order, or was there a re-arrange?

Side question: has there been any re-arrange of the order yet or strong indications of it?

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Were GPs always due to get it in this order, or was there a re-arrange?

Side question: has there been any re-arrange of the order yet or strong indications of it?
    GPs need to be done to vaccinate Group 3 anyway so they'll be included during January and February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Pics of it there and a video of it here

https://twitter.com/hselive/status/1350441553811144706?s=21

Looks like Defense Forces involvement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Cr@p idea spending 30mins in a tent with people from all over.

Be fun if it turned into a superspreader event

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Just reading a few replies, is there a ‘high priority’ list that GPs have? My man is cocooning alone aged 75 with very bad asthma and COPD. Any ideas on a ball pal time she’ll get it? She’s really struggling with the isolation at the minute despite being visited by myself (in her bubble).

Just reading a few replies, is there a ‘high priority’ list that GPs have? My man is cocooning alone aged 75 with very bad asthma and COPD. Any ideas on a ball pal time she’ll get it? She’s really struggling with the isolation at the minute despite being visited by myself (in her bubble).
    Over 70s are next, probably in a few weeks, once they've done most of the second cycle of groups 1 & 2. Late February or early March I'd say. No point checking with GPs just yet because they probably wouldn't know anything much but maybe mid-February or so? As they get ready for that next group you'd expect a lot more details.

Between mid February to the end of March is the closest estimate at the moment, it likely won't become clearer till mid February (~4 weeks time).

Depending on the vaccine, it's then another 4-5 weeks, or 12+ weeks for the vaccine to take full effect (if they get the second dose on schedule).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭arctictree

Can we visit the over 70s then once they are vaccinated?

arctictree wrote: »
    Can we visit the over 70s then once they are vaccinated?

I'd imagine once the vaccine has taken full effect, and if we are out of lockdown at the time, NPHET will cover this towards end of Feb/March and give advice accordingly. It will also depend on how data on how well the vaccines suppress spread of the virus (the vaccinated could become the future spreaders), and the age of those visiting (a 65 year old might be urged to stay away till they are vaccinated themselves).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

astrofool wrote: »
    I'd imagine once the vaccine has taken full effect, and if we are out of lockdown at the time, NPHET will cover this towards end of Feb/March and give advice accordingly. It will also depend on how data on how well the vaccines suppress spread of the virus (the vaccinated could become the future spreaders), and the age of those visiting (a 65 year old might be urged to stay away till they are vaccinated themselves).

Was wondering the same about residents in nursing home having visitors

Advertisement