Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional Vaccine Allocation - updated 31/03/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lantern Jaw

is_that_so wrote: »
    Anyone in Group 12 onward will be waiting till the summer anyway. There is, of course, a question of what they might do with the 18-34s, they could be moved up over other groups.

Ahead of who?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,671 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Who do flu vaccinations every year, including 1.3m last year.

You can half that capability as Covid vaccine requires 2 doses.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ahead of who?
    That depends on those coordinating it. My guess is they could possibly be at the head of the queue of the 18-54 group.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,310 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Who do flu vaccinations every year, including 1.3m last year.

Specifically, 1.2m done between September 2020 and Jan 2021. All at pharmacy and GP.

I thought everyone knew we are waiting for decent quantities of Moderna and Astra (astra approval first tho) before we can utilize that network?

It's been two weeks FFS.

Edit: obviously flu vaccine is a one dose jab so need to recalculate accordingly for Covid19

You can half that capability as Covid vaccine requires 2 doses.
    The point is it's not new to them and they do that many shots annually over a number of months and this will be a longer period, of up to 9 months. The HSE has its issues but I really don't get why some people seem so keen to see it fail on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Based on your profile, there are between 1,581,026 and 2,944,914 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across Ireland.
    �� Given a vaccination rate of 42,000 a week and an uptake of 74%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 04/10/2021 and 19/05/2022.

You should then get your second dose by between 25/10/2021 and 09/06/2022.

... absolute nonsense!

I'm the same. Time to let people pay for it and let the private sector get it sorted.

noodler wrote: »
    Specifically, 1.2m done between September 2020 and Jan 2021. All at pharmacy and GP.

I thought everyone knew we are waiting for decent quantities of Moderna and Astra (astra approval first tho) before we can utilize that network?

It's been two weeks FFS.

Edit: obviously flu vaccine is a one dose jab so need to recalculate accordingly for Covid19
    Knowing and being rational about it are not necessarily linked.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If any stocks of vaccines go stale from not being used because they are administered from 9.30 to 5pm Monday to Friday heads need to roll.

There's currently no need to go beyond that timeframe because there is not even sufficient supplies to take that entire timeframe.

When the two adrenovirus / non-frozen ones come on stream it'll likely be 7 days, 8-8 or longer and in vastly more places.
    I'm the same. Time to let people pay for it and let the private sector get it sorted.

The HSE has experience in delivering millions of vaccinations a year

The private sector have absolutely diddly squat. Few tens of thousands of tropical travel vaccines a year maybe.

Do you have anyone in the private sector in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

A friend works in the biomedical field. Knows a bit about the vaccines. Reckons the Government is being clever in not rushing into things.

The AZ vaccine is the easiest to use and the least likely to have side effects. Its much easier to produce, cheaper. And its a one shot only.

The Pfizer and Modena vaccines are unknowns. By letting the UK steam ahead, any potential issues are flagged there in time to be cautious here. The army, pharmacists, practice nurses, dentists etc can all be rolled out quickly in a mass vaccination when we get the supplies of AZ.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭crossman47

If any stocks of vaccines go stale from not being used because they are administered from 9.30 to 5pm Monday to Friday heads need to roll.

That is just not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Do you have anyone in the private sector in mind?

No and I don't particularly care as long as my family and myself can pay for it and skip the queue Stevie Wonder can have at my arm like a pincushion.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Bicyclette wrote: »
    The AZ vaccine is the easiest to use and the least likely to have side effects. Its much easier to produce, cheaper. And its a one shot only.

Its two shot - its the Janssen one that's only just going for FDA approval now that's single shot.

No and I don't particularly care as long as my family and myself can pay for it and skip the queue Stevie Wonder can have at my arm like a pincushion.
    AFAIK the vaccine companies are only supplying to countries or blocs, not private entities so you could be waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

L1011 wrote: »
    Its two shot - its the Janssen one that's only just going for FDA approval now that's single shot.

Thanks for that clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Based on bollix, these provide a bollix prediction of when you will get vaccinated.
    This is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike.

As noted above large numbers of flu vaccines get done every year without any particular mobilisation effort and many more can be done with some time to get organised.

So it depends on the availability. We have limited quantities of Moderna vaccine which will increase the rate for the remainder of this month. In February, we will have AstraZeneca, doubling the rate. In February, the Janssen (J&j) vaccine will be approved, further increasing the rate in March. Note that the J&J vaccine has been tested with one shot. Both Pfizer and Moderna have agreed greater supplies in Q2, at that stage we would be doing 5 times as many vaccinations to reach the 1 Million a month that the HSE say will happen. If we reach midsummer, the CureVac vaccine will increase the rate again and all of these will get the job done for all by the Autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They need to update the criteria to account for Inter County GAA players, RTE employees and NGO workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Wondering how will the underlying conditions be factored in? I have asthma (From Covid in March). Will it be self reported and verified by GPs note? Or a database made from GPS records?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Mimon wrote: »
    Wondering how will the underlying conditions be factored in? I have asthma (From Covid in March). Will it be self reported and verified by GPs note? Or a database made from GPS records?

A friend of mine who has asthma was contacted by his GP in March to tell him that he will write an exemption for him to attend work.

However, I have asthma and was not contacted.

I suppose it probably depends on the GP. Some will have a database and some wont

I doubt if all of these systems have been fully set up yet but a conversation with GP I would have thought can resolve this.

These are the conditions for Group 7.

Chronic heart disease, including hypertension with cardiac involvement; chronic respiratory disease, including asthma requiring continuous or repeated use of systemic steroids or with previous exacerbations requiring hospital admission; Type 1 and 2 diabetes; chronic neurological disease; chronic kidney disease; body mass index >40; immunosuppression due to disease or treatment; chronic liver disease.

• Advertisement

Dhenalau wrote: »
    Link provided from Irish Examiner and other online newspapers:
    https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/ireland-vaccine-queue
    Example for me (no health issues and 60yo)
    Based on your profile, there are between 1,286,753 and 1,581,026 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across Ireland. 📅 Given a vaccination rate of 42,000 a week and an uptake of 74%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 8/16/2021 and 10/4/2021.

You should then get your second dose by between 9/6/2021 and 10/25/2021.

Please step on it Ireland!

The calculator is not accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,725 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Remember when extrapolation was the word of the day in the covid thread? Amazing how every armchair etymologist was applying it (wrongly) there but isn't applying it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,483 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

How can people be so dumb as to put bad data into a calculator then complain about the results, what did they expect?

*presents dunce hat to OP*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

for anyone using this calculator and getting worried or concerned, please don't. This calculator is utter ****e and based on incorrect information. Specifically, it assumes an extremely low and incorrect weekly jab rate. This may reflect current reality but not future reality.
    ****e like this annoys me because if someone is already in a heightened state of stress and anxiety, seeing ****e like this is unhealthy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

To be honest I don't want my vaccine until restrictions have been relaxed to a level resembling normal life … like being all dressed up and nowhere to go - literally!

Would frustrate the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

Pwindedd wrote: »
    To be honest I don't want my vaccine until restrictions have been relaxed to a level resembling normal life … like being all dressed up and nowhere to go - literally!

Would frustrate the hell out of me.

I want it early as possible, vaccine passport introduced and vaccinated only pubs and nightclubs opened immediately :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

I know of health care workers who were called at short notice to say that if they were available they could come and get vaccinated. It must have been due to left over stock. That is good to see. Lots of stock in the UK is going to waste

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Raoul wrote: »
    I know of health care workers who were called at short notice to say that if they were available they could come and get vaccinated. It must have been due to left over stock. That is good to see. Lots of stock in the UK is going to waste
    Good to hear. New York are also letting vaccine go to waste because Andrew Cuomo said anybody caught giving it to anybody other than frontline healthcare workers would be fired.....and they mustn't be organised enough to make sure it doesn't happen.

Having said that, one of the newspapers last week said those administering the vaccine were writing lists of people who had got it on paper. I don't know if true but if it is, it is depressing that that is where the HSE is at in 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

noodler wrote: »
    We could be getting a million a month by May FFS

Terrible website
    I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the website, there's a saying in computing: garbage in, garbage out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

I want it early as possible, vaccine passport introduced and vaccinated only pubs and nightclubs opened immediately :D

Now that I could get on board with... unfortunately I think it's just a fantasy, a nice one though - I can taste the overpriced G&T and smell the Sauvage already :P

Advertisement