Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Provisional Vaccine Allocation - updated 31/03/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Amirani wrote: »
    Given there hasn't been a single vaccine approved by the EMA yet, then giving a date for each group would be ridiculous and basically lying to people.

They haven't shared details yet because they don't know yet.
    Early January is the commonly touted point for the EU and the EMA will have an answer on Pfizer by Dec 29 and Moderna a week or so later. I reckon the first four groups will be blitzed in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,484 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    So the Government are right to give it to those overweight before those with Downs Syndrome?

Nonsense.

There will be ructions over this

The government will be right to give the vaccination to those most at risk of getting the disease and of the diseases consequences, regardless of who they are or why they are at risk. That is the moral path to choose.

I say this as an individual who will likely be in the last group, but have friends and family in multiple other groups.

The risk drives the priority, otherwise it descends into mayhem with everyone declaring their life as more important than someone else's, which is ethically wrong.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

is_that_so wrote: »
    Early January is the commonly touted point for the EU and the EMA will have an answer on Pfizer by Dec 29 and Moderna a week or so later. I reckon the first four groups will be blitzed in a few weeks.

I would be shocked and amazed (in a good way) if the first four groups are done in a few weeks. My own suspicion is the first 2 groups will be done for dose one in 3 weeks and most of the next 3 weeks will be spent giving them their second shot.

I would be shocked and amazed (in a good way) if the first four groups are done in a few weeks. My own suspicion is the first 2 groups will be done for dose one in 3 weeks and most of the next 3 weeks will be spent giving them their second shot.
    I think they have already the infrastructure to do the first two groups very quickly, plus we'll have a 2nd and probably 3rd vaccine in January along with increased vaccine supplies. It's certainly not pie in the sky to imagine they can do it very fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I’m in 7 and on medication that weakens my immune system, I expected to be much higher up the list. What they haven’t said is how long they expect to take to get through each group.
    There’s also no mention of young people on cancer treatment or dialysis for example with serious illness who would likely die if they get the virus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Sconsey

Gael23 wrote: »
    I’m in 7 and on medication that weakens my immune system, I expected to be much higher up the list. What they haven’t said is how long they expect to take to get through each group.
    There’s also no mention of young people on cancer treatment or dialysis for example with serious illness who would likely die if they get the virus

Impossible to put timelines on it when they don't know what vaccines will be available when, we just have to wait an see.

Anyone under 65 that is at any kind of risk is group 7, doesn't matter how high the risk is. I'm not impressed with that myself, I think there are far more people at a much higher risk than a healthy person that happens to be over 65 years of age.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sconsey wrote: »
    Impossible to put timelines on it when they don't know what vaccines will be available when, we just have to wait an see.
    I'm in category 12. Bit cheesed off my 60th counted for nothing:pac:

Seriously though, there will obviously be a clamour in the early days assuming Pfizer gets the green light. However there are suggestions that different vaccines may be better suited to different categories of individual. It may well be the Moderna or Astra Zeneca or indeed one of the others is better for a healthy individual of my age. In a sense being a bit further down the priority list could result in a "better" vaccine being used, while those at the top of the list may end up with something that is not their best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Hi all,
    Any timeline on when the vaccine will be available for my mum who has been cocooning since April. She is 75 and has COPD and is eager to get it
    Thanks

Hi all,
    Any timeline on when the vaccine will be available for my mum who has been cocooning since April. She is 75 and has COPD and is eager to get it
    Thanks
    Probably Group 3 but check with GP and ask. That is likely to be February.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,719 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Threads merged

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭grassylawn

The vaccine rollout plan has a category "certain medical conditions".

Have they published a list of what these conditions are?

Otherwise I assume they are the same as those conditions they have listed as placing people at higher risk.

From the roll out plan you referred to.

**Chronic heart disease, including hypertension with cardiac involvement; chronic respiratory disease, including asthma requiring continuous or repeated use of systemic steroids or with previous exacerbations requiring hospital admission; Type 1 and 2 diabetes; chronic neurological disease; chronic kidney disease; body mass index >40; immunosuppression due to disease or treatment; chronic liver disease.

Threads merged

How will verification for that group 7 work?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,283 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Gael23 wrote: »
    How will verification for that group 7 work?

Well for people with certain conditions, diabetes for example, they will be signed up to the Long Term Illness scheme, so it should be pretty straightforward to identify that particular group. Hard to say though how they would go about identifying everyone with a BMI >40, for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I'd imagine we'll be looking at the Astra Zeneca vaccine distributed by GPs and pharmacies at that point. GPS will presumably be the gate keepers.

Zaph wrote: »
    Well for people with certain conditions, diabetes for example, they will be signed up to the Long Term Illness scheme, so it should be pretty straightforward to identify that particular group. Hard to say though how they would go about identifying everyone with a BMI >40, for instance.

I’m on immune suppressant medication for something which isn’t on the long term illness scheme though

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dhenalau

Link provided from Irish Examiner and other online newspapers:
    https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/ireland-vaccine-queue
    Example for me (no health issues and 60yo)
    Based on your profile, there are between 1,286,753 and 1,581,026 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across Ireland. 📅 Given a vaccination rate of 42,000 a week and an uptake of 74%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 8/16/2021 and 10/4/2021.

You should then get your second dose by between 9/6/2021 and 10/25/2021.

Please step on it Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,600 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah I just used that calculator myself and was rather shocked with the results!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

You’re lucky
    I could be May 2022!!

I actually did something similar using a UK address and I’d be looking at April this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,439 ✭✭✭TheChizler

So you put in a slow rate and are giving out about the result? Is there any reason to believe we'll be stuck at 42,000 per week forever?

42000 vaccines a week.

When we receive 40000 a week from pfizer and rhats expected to double in q2.

When we receive vaccines from Moderna (started yesterday rate unconfirmed). Expected to start around 10,000 a week.

When Oxford is expected to be approved within the next month (a bigger order than Pfizer).

Theres your problems.

Your calculator may be wrong. Just a bit.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

*drink*

There's more vaccines being approved and a greater supply of existing approved vaccines coming. We're getting through the vaccines largely as they come in.
    42k is the current dosage rate, not the rate we will always be vaccinating at, especially if/when the likes of Oxford/AZ get approved.

TheChizler wrote: »
    So you put in a slow rate and are giving out about the result? Is there any reason to believe we'll be stuck at 42,000 per week forever?

Yes, we have the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,311 ✭✭✭✭noodler

TheChizler wrote: »

We could be getting a million a month by May FFS

Terrible website

Anyone in Group 12 onward will be waiting till the summer anyway. There is, of course, a question of what they might do with the 18-34s, they could be moved up over other groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,739 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Based on your profile, there are between 1,581,026 and 2,944,914 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across Ireland.
    �� Given a vaccination rate of 42,000 a week and an uptake of 74%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 04/10/2021 and 19/05/2022.

You should then get your second dose by between 25/10/2021 and 09/06/2022.

... absolute nonsense!

Yes, we have the HSE.
    Who do flu vaccinations every year, including 1.3m last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,671 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If any stocks of vaccines go stale from not being used because they are administered from 9.30 to 5pm Monday to Friday heads need to roll.

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Based on your profile, there are between 1,581,026 and 2,944,914 people in front of you in the queue for a COVID vaccine across Ireland.
    �� Given a vaccination rate of 42,000 a week and an uptake of 74%, you should expect to receive your first dose of vaccine between 04/10/2021 and 19/05/2022.

You should then get your second dose by between 25/10/2021 and 09/06/2022.

... absolute nonsense!
    And wrong. We will get to 100K a week comfortably when supplies increase.

Advertisement