Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I saw some lamp on twitter suggest that people exercising outside 5KM should named and shamed, hopefully not a poster here :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

It’s not hard, having read this post and others like it, to understand how the Catholic Church had such a stranglehold on this country in the past. Huge amounts of people around to do their dirty work for them. Finger wagging and shaming people who don’t step in line. Utterly nasty despicable behavior and believe me it won’t be easily forgotten.

The only utterly nasty despicable behaviour is the blatant flouting of rules, social distancing and respiratory/hand hygienethat has our ICUs overflowing and the public hospitals unable to cope with 2000 Covid patients.
    It won't be easily forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

silverharp wrote: »
    I saw some lamp on twitter suggest that people exercising outside 5KM should named and shamed, hopefully not a poster here :pac:

there is a weird perversion on social media for the name and shame which was ramped to the max with covid.

just bullying goons who wouldn't say boo to somebody if there was a risk of a smack in the mouth at the end of their sentence.
    It’s not hard, having read this post and others like it, to understand how the Catholic Church had such a stranglehold on this country in the past. Huge amounts of people around to do their dirty work for them. Finger wagging and shaming people who don’t step in line. Utterly nasty despicable behavior and believe me it won’t be easily forgotten.

100%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,197 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Boggles wrote: »
    There is logical reasoning I just gave you one example.

It's one of the reasons the likes of NPHET have setup a sub group of Behavioral scientists.

Ranting and raving about covid riddled jellyfish is just remedial juvenility.

So I'll leave you to it.

No, you gave no logical reason other than an assumption that people walking on a beach in January might take it upon themselves to go for a swim...which in my view should be up to the individual not our government to decide....they don't want people travelling outside of a 5km for no particular reason at all...it defies logic given that people are not at risk in traffic, not at risk talking a walk outdoors.

Why are NPHET setting up sub groups...they only have one gear - total lockdown for as long as possible justifying it with what ever data they can twist to suit.

You don't have a leg to stand on so you just throw a few insults.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Thread is hilarious today... let’s fine people a grand for exercising...

The world some people want to live in is bizarre. Thankfully this nonsense will al be over soon.

In terms of the fines, we have criminals with 100+ convictions who are not in jail. Good luck with the fines.

I really hope you're right but I'm losing faith by the week.

UK talking about implementing mandatory hotel quarantines for anyone coming in to the country which will likely cost a few thousand like Australia. So if I take the Australia price as an example, it could cost me £1500-2000 + flight + covid test + the misery of being locked up like a prisoner in solitary confinement for 2 weeks for daring to see my family.

Then theres talk they want to implement the Poland strategy
    Civil servants will also examine how to emulate a scheme in Poland, where those told to isolate are subject to “enhanced monitoring”. Each person is contacted once a day and told to send a photograph of themselves at the location where they are confined. These are cross-referenced using GPS data and facial-recognition software. Those who fail to comply within 20 minutes receive a visit from police.

I literally burst out laughing in shock at how dystopian that is.

Now you have the narrative of every country seemingly having a new covid 2.0 variant, so the war is now about these new variants. And how the vaccines don't stop transmission.

It feels like theres no end in sight, we're going around in circles and people somehow love it. It's so depressing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,712 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

No, you gave no logical reason other than an assumption that people walking on a beach in January might take it upon themselves to go for a swim...which in my view should be up to the individual not our government to decide....they don't want people travelling outside of a 5km for no particular reason at all...it defies logic given that people are not at risk in traffic, not at risk talking a walk outdoors.

Plenty of people swim / surf in January, you obviously don't frequent Irish beaches very often.

The lady in question drove to the beach, was stopped at a check point and didn't go home.

But that is the gubberments fault.

Round and around we go.

The world some people want to live in is bizarre. Thankfully this nonsense will al be over soon.

In terms of the fines, we have criminals with 100+ convictions who are not in jail. Good luck with the fines.

Just to be clear - fining people a grand for going more than 5km from home in a wide open space, and shutting down takeaways are not the opinions of everyone who can see that there is a need for restrictions. Clearing it up, because by the end of the day it will become thread fact that these represent the opinions of anyone who expresses an understanding as to why restrictions are required

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Rodin wrote: »
    The only utterly nasty despicable behaviour is the blatant flouting of rules, social distancing and respiratory/hand hygienethat has our ICUs overflowing and the public hospitals unable to cope with 2000 Covid patients.

Thanks for reinforcing my point there.

Why are NPHET setting up sub groups...they only have one gear - total lockdown for as long as possible justifying it with what ever data they can twist to suit.

You don't have a leg to stand on so you just throw a few insults.

fining people alone on a beach or having a swim isn't about health care or the state of the nation.
    It's just tokenism , some meaningless gesture to show the state are taking it seriously but does the square root of fcuk all to combat covid.

All it actually does is create the "name and shame" mob culture online and the curtain twitchers on the local facebook page.

If the gardai were really serious , they'd have broken up the traveller funerals and the BLM marches we saw on tv.

How about the almost constant house parties in "rougher" estates like in Darndale and Finglas (two areas I know they are happening)

couldn't be doing that when there is low hanging fruit like lone women to bully?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

You should text into Pat Kenny’s radio show. He loves reading out stuff like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

paw patrol wrote: »
    fining people alone on a beach or having a swim isn't about health care or the state of the nation.
    It's just tokenism , some meaningless gesture to show the state are taking it seriously but does the square root of fcuk all to combat covid.

All it actually does is create the "name and shame" mob culture online and the curtain twitchers on the local facebook page.

If the gardai were really serious , they'd have broken up the traveller funerals and the BLM marches we saw on tv.

How about the almost constant house parties in "rougher" estates like in Darndale and Finglas (two areas I know they are happening)

couldn't be doing that when there is low hanging fruit like lone women to bully?:rolleyes:
    Totally agree. Remember Lockdown Part 1 when all of these amenities were actually closed off? The car park in the Glen of the Downs was closed Djouce woods closed Glendalough closed all Coillte car parks closed. Even the little car parks on Strand Rd were closed off. If they actually thought it would make a difference they would have done the same this time, but no. They don’t even believe in this lockdown themselves, they’re just going through the motions to be able to say “look we tried everything but the public are too stupid.......”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

1000 of which contracted the disease in those hospitals if recent reports are correct

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

1000 of which contracted the disease in those hospitals if recent reports are correct

Quote your report.

It isn't true that 50% of the national number of Covid patients got it in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Going by what I have read here I would think some would be in favour of that.

It genuinely makes my blood boil, the selfish ignorance of facts, the inability to wear a mask ‘because they don’t work’ even though even the cheapest ones are proven to stop moisture escaping from peoples noses and mouths below the micron level that Covid would fix itself to.

When this is all over, history will prove that the naysayers were the cause of a large percentage of deaths that therefore could have been avoided! All because ‘they wanna get on with their lives’

I find it utterly sickening tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

2 days ago you didn`t think the "nonsense" as you dismiss it will be over soon.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115939964&postcount=9648

So why have you flip flopped today?

It genuinely makes my blood boil, the selfish ignorance of facts, the inability to wear a mask ‘because they don’t work’ even though even the cheapest ones are proven to stop moisture escaping from peoples noses and mouths below the micron level that Covid would fix itself to.

When this is all over, history will prove that the naysayers were the cause of a large percentage of deaths that therefore could have been avoided! All because ‘they wanna get on with their lives’

Also you have those who don`t like it when their nonsense is called out and throw their toys out of the pram spewing out the "curtain twitcher" "lockdown merchant" etc comments and a certain group who appear to have an anti government anti authority vendetta. Pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    We can't stop the spread of the flu. Stopping this is a pipe dream. The best thing they could have done was beefed up their emergency rooms and ICUs with beds, ventilators and other equipment so the rest of us could go on with our lives.

Without mitigating measures Covid spread is exponential, our ability to scale ICU capacity is not.

Not to mention that ending up in ICU is still a terrible outcome, even if people don't die in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Quote your report.

It isn't true that 50% of the national number of Covid patients got it in hospital.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115918588&postcount=5110

Absolutely they will! People faced with a big fine will get a solicitor who will advise to go to court, but if faced with an amounts less than the cost of a solicitor, they’ll pay it !

If every case was heard bigger fines could be handed out for sure, or the punishment may be a small contribution to the poor box instead. But the whole reason FPN’s were introduced in the first place was because the courts were getting overwhelmed with trivial things (mostly motoring offences at the time) and in order to clear backlogs just dismissed cases in huge numbers and focused on important things like criminal matters etc!

So you can bet your ass that if our courts were under pressure and faced with 1000’s of cases, they’ll just dismiss a few hundred non violent cases to clear the back lot like they’ve done countless times in the past. Anyway, that’s all off topic but the reason FPN’s are low is because it’s deliberately an amount a person is likely to pay in lieu of going to court.

At the end of the day they will be paying out money whether that be directly through the fixed charge penalty, through a court fine or through a solicitor`s fee. Better not to get themselves in that position in the first place.

Also you have those who don`t like it when their nonsense is called out and throw their toys out of the pram spewing out the "curtain twitcher" "lockdown merchant" etc comments and a certain group who appear to have an anti government anti authority vendetta. Pathetic.

Yep, it’s a takeover I tell ya! Every single government around the world have decided to become communist simultaneously! No more civil liberties for us anymore. Personally I can’t wait to find out what job I get assigned for no pay, I’m sure it won’t be that bad!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

when you say people arent wearting a mask, where do you mean?

i go to the shops every day, people in masks.
    i go to the park with kids every day, most people arent wearing a mask and keeps away from each other. perfectly fine.

im constantly out of the house and have yet to wintess anything that deserves the kind of sour, scare mongering facebook type comments you see on this thread.

MENTAL

Yep, it’s a takeover I tell ya! Every single government around the world have decided to become communist simultaneously! No more civil liberties for us anymore. Personally I can’t wait to find out what job I get assigned for no pay, I’m sure it won’t be that bad!! :)

Seems like there are those who actually believe that rambling nonsense to be true. The same sort of mentality as the deluded Trump supporting loons. And we all saw what that led to in the Capitol building 2 weeks ago.

Totally agree. Remember Lockdown Part 1 when all of these amenities were actually closed off? The car park in the Glen of the Downs was closed Djouce woods closed Glendalough closed all Coillte car parks closed. Even the little car parks on Strand Rd were closed off. If they actually thought it would make a difference they would have done the same this time, but no. They don’t even believe in this lockdown themselves, they’re just going through the motions to be able to say “look we tried everything but the public are too stupid.......”

no public jacks aren't open either :mad:

the beaches are still busy - in fairness fcuk all else to do - but the jacks are locked, been caught short a few times myself on the beach also in city centre the twice i ventured in there.

paw patrol wrote: »
    no public jacks aren't open either :mad:

the beaches are still busy - in fairness fcuk all else to do - but the jacks are locked, been caught short a few times myself on the beach also in city centre the twice i ventured in there.

Ask yourself why that is.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    when you say people arent wearting a mask, where do you mean?

i go to the shops every day, people in masks.
    i go to the park with kids every day, most people arent wearing a mask and keeps away from each other. perfectly fine.

im constantly out of the house and have yet to wintess anything that deserves the kind of sour, scare mongering facebook type comments you see on this thread.

MENTAL

I mistyped, should have read ‘inability to understand that wearing a mask’

But thanks for the equally OTT response. And in my personal experience I HAVE seen people not wearing masks in supermarkets and shopping centres. I have also seen plenty of people that wear them only over their mouths leaving their nose on show.

However that wasn’t the point I was making as cleared up in my first sentence.

Ah, still upset that you had no argument earlier so you resorted to pints. Now resorting to looking through post history...

It will be over soon. 2022 is still soon.

Quote your report.

NPHET said so at the last presser.

Ah, still upset that you had no argument earlier so you resorted to pints. Now resorting to looking through post history...

It will be over soon. 2022 is still soon.

Not upset in the slightest. I know that i haven` t knowingly and selfishly contributed to causing the very serious situation the health service is in with hospitalisations and deaths as a result of contracting Covid in the community off the scale. How is your conscience today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

It's an awful look to be going through peoples posting history to score points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Not upset in the slightest. I know that i haven` t knowingly and selfishly contributed to causing the very serious situation the health service is in with hospitalisations and deaths as a result of contracting Covid in the community off the scale. How is your conscience today?

This is the issue right here. You're automatically brandished as immoral for catching covid. It's assumed you must have done something wrong if you ever test positive. Why are people being treated like lepers?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement