Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

For example? And yeah that is a real question. Also I`m not interested in what may or may not have happened between last May and October. Totally different sItiuation throughout Europe and much of the rest of the world now. But then you know that.
    Ah so your anti restrictions comments are actually more related to pubs not reopening any time soon than anything else? The penny has dropped.

One of the countries that is at the top of the premier league table that MM was quick to blab on about when our numbers looked good in Nov is Finland.

Whats closed?? almost nothing. They have based their approach on encouraging hygiene, social distancing and general public awareness. Unlike here, they have not removed the fabric of general social society and deamonised people living a life for nearly a year.

This means they are less likely to go nuts because shopping, restaurants, cinemas etc have always been open, and there is no threat of them being closed. The restrictions on businesses are on capacity not industry (lets not be pedantic, there are some exceptions of course). For want of a better word, the approach there has worked because it has been consistent, they took an approach, trusted it and stuck to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

growleaves wrote: »
    One of the fines was for a woman walking along a beach alone by herself.

Who was she going to infect in the sea air with no one around assuming she was even sick?

It is often easier to evoke phantoms than to banish them. This micro-policing may be with us for some time.

I hadn't realised the 5km distance had caveats.
    Are you really arguing that we should allow people to exercise their judgement? We see now what a mess that has landed us in.
    Micro-policing? Just policing to me. We need much more of it. Much more enforcement of rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Ah so your anti restrictions comments are actually more related to pubs not reopening any time soon than anything else? The penny has dropped.

Hate to see people personalize the issue when they can't make any counterpoint, poor way of debating issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

Rodin wrote: »
    I hadn't realised the 5km distance had caveats.
    Are you really arguing that we should allow people to exercise their judgement? We see now what a mess that has landed us in.
    Micro-policing? Just policing to me. We need much more of it. Much more enforcement of rules.

Yes. We need to make the restrictions voluntary.

We need less rules (the multiplication of rules leads to incoherence and confuses people, especially with the constant changing of the rules) and less enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

Just wondering if we are going to get same level of transparency as they enjoy in Norway:

"NORWAY’S HEALTH REGULATOR has said that common side effects may have contributed to the deaths of 23 elderly people who are frail after they received the Covid-19 vaccine."

https://www.thejournal.ie/norway-vaccine-elderly-patients-5326967-Jan2021/

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Advertisement

Yes. We need to make the restrictions voluntary.

We need less rules (the multiplication of rules leads to incoherence and confuses people, especially with the constant changing of the rules) and less enforcement.

What part of "don't go further than 5km for exercise" is confusing?
    If that confuses people then I contend they really can't be trusted to make good judgements.

If that confuses people then I contend they really can't be trusted to make good judgements.

The part where you go further than 5km.

What's confusing is that there are so many rules, they contradict each other and don't cohere, and they keep changing.

YOU literally asked me where hospitality is still open...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

walus wrote: »
    Just wondering if we are going to get same level of transparency as they enjoy in Norway:

"NORWAY’S HEALTH REGULATOR has said that common side effects may have contributed to the deaths of 23 elderly people who are frail after they received the Covid-19 vaccine."

https://www.thejournal.ie/norway-vaccine-elderly-patients-5326967-Jan2021/

we won't - we have no transparency nor journalism here only political arseholes and their sycophants'

but nonetheless the argument is that these deaths are from old and frail people so it's not a true representation of the vaccine....but oddly the same median age 83 people we were lectured into destroying our society to protect.

one standard for you, a different one for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

but getting a take away more than 5kms is fine, exercise isnt....

banana republic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

One of the fines was for a woman walking along a beach alone by herself.

Was this that woman?
    Among one of the incidents noted was one that occurred at a checkpoint in Middleton, where a female driver was requested to return home.

"Subsequently the driver was observed at a beach amenity outside the 5km limit," a garda spokesperson stated.

Driver acknowledged she was breaching Covid regulations and offered no further reasonable excuse."

So she was caught, told go back, she pulled a fast one and got a fine.

Perfectly reasonable by the Guards.

To suggest the lady was just confused is quite funny.

The part where you go further than 5km.

What's confusing is that there are so many rules, they contradict each other and don't cohere, and they keep changing.

Over 5km is breaching the rules.
    That really is very simple. All those fines were handed out for that.
    If that really does confuse people Id also charge them for being incompetent in charge of a motor vehicle.

Boggles wrote: »
    Was this that woman?

Perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

paw patrol wrote: »
    we won't - we have no transparency nor journalism here only political arseholes and their sycophants'

but nonetheless the argument is that these deaths are from old and frail people so it's not a true representation of the vaccine....but oddly the same median age 83 people we were lectured into destroying our society to protect.

one standard for you, a different one for them

I just read somewhere that some countries will not vaccinate those people for whom the live expectancy is too short. Not sure what the algorithm is but I can understand the principle behind it.

Nevertheless, with every passing month the world is becoming more and more bizarre place.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

Was this that woman?

I didn't say she was confused. I said she was walking alone along the beach by herself (which is true).

I also said that the rules in general are confusing (in my opinion).

That's two separate points.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    but getting a take away more than 5kms is fine, exercise isnt....

banana republic

I wouldn't allow travelling 5km for a takeaway. In fact I'd have them closed. Having them open encourages travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I said she was walking alone along the beach by herself (which is true).

You left out the part where she had all ready been asked to return home, she acted the bollíx, avoided the check point and was caught.

Bad faith posting there lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

YOU literally asked me where hospitality is still open...

The hospitality sector is about more than just pubs. It covers hotels, B&Bs, restaurants, cafes etc etc.. YOU specifically singled out pubs in your reply. Curious that you did so.

I didn't say she was confused. I said she was walking alone along the beach by herself (which is true).

She didn't follow the reasonable directions of a member of an Garda Siochána and got caught for it.
    If you're going to tell a story then tell the whole story.

If that really does confuse people Id also charge them for being incompetent in charge of a motor vehicle.

aren't you a wonderful citizen not only lecturing us all but handing out made up punishments for those that don't keep to your standard.
    Sure why not hang them while you're at it or if that's too far maybe few months in the gulag?

Edit.
    I wouldn't allow travelling 5km for a takeaway. In fact I'd have them closed. Having them open encourages travel.

and there you are...not disappointing at all :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Essential workers who have every reason to be out and about need access to food.

If only essential workers getting lunch were allowed use them it would not be economical to open.

The hospitality sector is about more than just pubs. It covers hotels, B&Bs, restaurants, cafes etc etc.. YOU specifically singled out pubs in your reply. Curious that you did so.

Hahaha!!! I have no argument left so... pubs.

Well done you.

Essential workers who have every reason to be out and about need access to food.

If only essential workers getting lunch were allowed use them it would not be economical to open.

I'm an essential worker.
    I bring food to work.
    Next...

You left out the part where she had all ready been asked to return home, she acted the bollíx, avoided the check point and was caught.

Bad faith posting there lad.

I don't think she should have been asked to return home.

The guards did their duty I'm not faulting them, I'm saying scrap these stupid laws.

I'm an essential worker.
    I bring food to work.
    Next...

Good for you. Now, what about someone who is off a 12 hour shift or is working unplanned overtime?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

well thats the reality, our govt have said i can travel more than 5km to pick up junk food, but i cant drive more than 5km to go to my fav beach to exercise.

smh

Depends on the circumstances.
    Lots of reasons were you are allowed outside 5KM.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

How are they confusing in your opinion? Examples please.

Good for you. Now, what about someone who is off a 12 hour shift or is working unplanned overtime?

When Im in work for 24 hours I bring multiple meals.
    Next...

• Advertisement

I'm an essential worker.
    I bring food to work.
    Next...

as per your previous posts.
    Have you not realised yet what a perfect specimen of righteous you are?
    us mortals can only hope to be somewhat as good as you

like my poor mate 12 hours in an ambulance and an extra 90mins or so cleaning the thing after her shift on Sunday night

god forbid she treated herself to the discounted Thai (discount offered to ambulance) . I must tell her she is inferior to Rodin "the essential" of Boards and make do with a hang sambo
    When Im in work for 24 hours I bring multiple meals.
    Next...

don't stop....please continue telling everybody how great you are and why we should all be like you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement