Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part VII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

Rodin wrote: »
    When Im in work for 24 hours I bring multiple meals.
    Next...

Great that you have your life so perfectly organised. In the real word everyone is not, and cannot be so well prepared, for a myriad of reasons. Access to takeaway food is an essential service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

paw patrol wrote: »
    as per your previous posts.
    Have you not realised yet what a perfect specimen of righteous you are?
    us mortals can only hope for it to be somewhat as good as you

like my poor mate 12 hours in an ambulance and an extra 90mins oe so cleaning the thing after her shift on Sunday night

god forbid she treated herself to the discounted Thai (discount offered to ambulance) . I must tell her she is inferior to Rodin "the essential" of Boards and make do with a hang sambo

One.. your mate didn't spend 12 hours in an ambulance.
    Everytime a patient gets dropped off they MUST wait to hand over safely. So plenty of time out of the ambulance.
    Probably also needed to refuel. Grab something then.
    Or... bring food to work.

Are you telling me if the takeaways closed they'd starve?

I don't care if you disagree with me but it's pointless making points that are refuted with less difficulty than the swatting of a fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

growleaves wrote: »
    I don't think she should have been asked to return home.

The guards did their duty I'm not faulting them, I'm saying scrap these stupid laws.

Your own example highlighted why voluntary restrictions won't work.

Fair play to you.

Great that you have your life so perfectly organised. In the real word everyone is not, and cannot be so well prepared, for a myriad of reasons. Access to takeaway food is an essential service.

It really isn't. In any way.
    We'll agree to disagree.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

Boggles wrote: »
    Your own example highlighted why voluntary restrictions won't work.

Fair play to you.

No because the restrictions are not an end in themselves.

A woman alone in the sea air is not going to infect anyone even if she was sick.

Without the restrictions she would have continued her walk and then gone home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭Kunta Kinte

Hahaha!!! I have no argument left so... pubs.

Well done you.

You were the one who singled out pubs in your comments not me. Anyway the main point is that you and others here seem to be constantly engaged in knocking the government , NPHET etc etc for all of their actions while also falsely downplaying the seriousness of the Covid situation. Do you deny that? I wonder what your real agenda is.

growleaves wrote: »
    No because the restrictions are not an end in themselves.

A woman alone in the sea air is not going to infect anyone even if she was sick.

Without the restrictions she would have continued her walk and then gone home.

How do you know, do you know her?

What we do know about her is she has little regard for public health restrictions, therefore she is €100 less off.

Yellow card for stupidity.

How do you know, do you know her?

What we do know about her is she has little regard for public health restrictions, therefore she is €100 less off.

Yellow card for stupidity.

Exactly. Hopefully if enough fines are issued the message will eventually get through to even the slow learners.

Exactly. Hopefully if enough fines are issued the message will eventually get through to even the slow learners.

Could always stick an extra zero on the end too.

Nobody deliberately drives fast past a speed camera because of repercussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,290 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

We have came so far as a nation when compared to 12 months ago.

Well done guy’s

How anyone can justify handing out fines to families exercising outdoor is absolutely baffling.

In fact some of ye are calling to increase the fines

• Advertisement

How anyone can justify handing out fines to families exercising outdoor is absolutely baffling.

It's quite simple, they want people to stay within their locality and restrict the mass movement of people to those who are deemed essential.

It's not very hard understand, particularly at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,290 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

It's quite simple, they want people to stay within their locality and restrict the mass movement of people to those who are deemed essential.

Why is NPHET not following their own advice so?

Surely a group zoom broadcast is just as effective?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Could always stick an extra zero on the end too.

Nobody deliberately drives fast past a speed camera because of repercussions.

Fixed penalties were introduced to take pressure off the courts and are structured in a way where most people will pay them. Hence the amounts are deliberately low.

If they “stuck an extra 0” on the end, then the majority of people instead of just paying will opt to have their day in court, thus voiding the whole point on a fixed penalty notice in the first place. Hospitals are overwhelmed, last thing we need is the courts overwhelmed too eh?? that will only result in mass dismissals and fines being thrown out #staysafe #stayathome #nexttwoweeksarecrucial

It seems that it is hard to understand for some. Or, as is more likely, they pretend not to understand it as it doesn`t suit them to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

That is the problem, what is the point.

Is it not enough that every other social outlet for young and old are outlawed a completely harmless walk on the beach is too much risk?

There isn't a morsel of data to suggest it is risky.

It's not like people are gathering in masses, like a football match or a concert....they are walking in the fresh air a much needed endeavor for the vast majority of humans.

You are not suggesting the virus transmits in traffic now are you? so there is no logical reason to be this strict....and you wonder why people are questioning what is clearly government over reach...even by Irish standards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Should have just done the North Korea approach and shot anyone who tested positive.

Why is NPHET not following their own advice so?

Surely a group zoom broadcast is just as effective?

They have other jobs besides NPHET and they are essential workers.

Again this has been pointed out several times.

But around and around we go.

Fixed penalties were introduced to take pressure off the courts and are structured in a way where most people will pay them. Hence the amounts are deliberately low.

If they “stuck an extra 0” on the end, then the majority of people instead of just paying will opt to have their day in court, thus voiding the whole point on a fixed penalty notice in the first place. Hospitals are overwhelmed, last thing we need is the courts overwhelmed too eh?? that will only result in mass dismissals and fines being thrown out #staysafe #stayathome #nexttwoweeksarecrucial

Why should it always mean that? Could just as easily mean that harsh fines would be imposed in court. As with any legal matter it depends on the presiding judge. Do you believe that many people would take their chances on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    We can't stop the spread of the flu. Stopping this is a pipe dream. The best thing they could have done was beefed up their emergency rooms and ICUs with beds, ventilators and other equipment so the rest of us could go on with our lives.

Wow! Utterly insane! So how do you know that you’re not an asymptotic carrier and it’s actually yourself filling up ICU beds and killing people off?!

This has got to be the most selfish uneducated post I’ve seen on this thread!

Why don’t we just dig massive trenches instead, we could just use dumper trucks to mass bury the dead instead yeah?

Disgraceful attitude and exactly the attitude that’s keeping us all in these lockdowns!

Is it not enough that every other social outlet for young and old are outlawed a completely harmless walk on the beach is too much risk?

Or a walk in a beach turns into a swim which turns out badly.

Nuance and scale lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

One.. your mate didn't spend 12 hours in an ambulance.

I think you must be the only person in existence who read what i wrote and didn't understand I meant her shift was 12hours.

Suppose she could eat her prepacked lunch on the ****ter too - after all she is out of the ambulance.

I wonder if you are real or just a parody at this stage.

I don't care if you disagree with me but it's pointless making points that are refuted with less difficulty than the swatting of a fly.

brilliant put down :pac: , pity your entire argument was based on a failure of primary school reading comprehension - see above if confused.

Nuance and scale lad.

Or it doesn't.

Nuance and scale indeed.

Whats the point in doing anything if we're all gonna die anyway?

Or it doesn't.

Nuance and scale indeed.

Whats the point in doing anything if we're all gonna die anyway?

Jesus, you'll tear both hamstrings if you stretch anymore.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Nuance and scale lad.

Are the jellyfish riddled in Covid? I must have missed that one!!!

You know there isn't a logical reason to fine or even stop people who are out walking in the outdoors, beach, hills, parks.

You know it but you don't want to admit it...

Jesus, you'll tear both hamstrings if you stretch anymore.

:pac::pac::pac:

They could do with a stretch tbh. Might go walk on a beach.

Wow! Utterly insane! So how do you know that you’re not an asymptotic carrier and it’s actually yourself filling up ICU beds and killing people off?!

This has got to be the most selfish uneducated post I’ve seen on this thread!

Why don’t we just dig massive trenches instead, we could just use dumper trucks to mass bury the dead instead yeah?

Disgraceful attitude and exactly the attitude that’s keeping us all in these lockdowns!

Going by what I have read here I would think some would be in favour of that.

Are the jellyfish riddled in Covid? I must have missed that one!!!

You know there isn't a logical reason to fine or even stop people who are out walking in the outdoors, beach, hills, parks.

You know it but you don't want to admit it...

There is logical reasoning I just gave you one example.

It's one of the reasons the likes of NPHET have setup a sub group of Behavioral scientists.

Ranting and raving about covid riddled jellyfish is just remedial juvenility.

So I'll leave you to it.

Thread is hilarious today... let’s fine people a grand for exercising...

The world some people want to live in is bizarre. Thankfully this nonsense will al be over soon.

In terms of the fines, we have criminals with 100+ convictions who are not in jail. Good luck with the fines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Dempo1 wrote: »
    The only clownolgy I've seen was that buffoon from Vitners federation (the very same chap caught out live on radio, serving "regulars" around the time crowds gathered on South William Street) offering his premises as a vaccination centre, just beyond bizzare, anything to look relevant. Do you want a packet of peanuts with that Jab, FFS.

Just amazes me that still after some shocking numbers of deaths and cases over the past 3 weeks, people still NOT getting it, 3 weeks of utter greed and stupidity has led to this,ALL the medical experts agree, gosh even Leaky Leo eating humble pie. Listen to the MEDICAL experts, it's NOT rocket science.

Far to much is being made out of the vaccine roll out, its wonderful but will have little impact for months and still absolutely no evidence it lessons chance of transmission.
    It’s not hard, having read this post and others like it, to understand how the Catholic Church had such a stranglehold on this country in the past. Huge amounts of people around to do their dirty work for them. Finger wagging and shaming people who don’t step in line. Utterly nasty despicable behavior and believe me it won’t be easily forgotten.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Why should it always mean that? Could just as easily mean that harsh fines would be imposed in court. As with any legal matter it depends on the presiding judge. Do you believe that many people would take their chances on that?

Absolutely they will! People faced with a big fine will get a solicitor who will advise to go to court, but if faced with an amounts less than the cost of a solicitor, they’ll pay it !

If every case was heard bigger fines could be handed out for sure, or the punishment may be a small contribution to the poor box instead. But the whole reason FPN’s were introduced in the first place was because the courts were getting overwhelmed with trivial things (mostly motoring offences at the time) and in order to clear backlogs just dismissed cases in huge numbers and focused on important things like criminal matters etc!

So you can bet your ass that if our courts were under pressure and faced with 1000’s of cases, they’ll just dismiss a few hundred non violent cases to clear the back lot like they’ve done countless times in the past. Anyway, that’s all off topic but the reason FPN’s are low is because it’s deliberately an amount a person is likely to pay in lieu of going to court.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement