Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think that's in every console, some are just quieter. I usually game with the headset on so I don't hear it, but some nights when I'm playing with the tv volume down low I can hear it. NMS is one of the worst, it changes depending on what direction you're facing. Apparently not a problem though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I only get noise when I have a disk in, and usually goes away after 30 to 60 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

I only get noise when downloading and installing a game. It does sound like it’s going to take off but settles down as soon as the game is downloaded.

The disc noise is just the spinning of the disc, normal and they've greatly reduced how often it spins up to check, so bonus (on an aside, can anyone recommend a "vibration mat" or something, the dresser I've the PS5 on amplifies the spinning!). But I definitely have audible coil whine, but also ears capable of picking up high pitched noises.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

When i did it, it moved my account and everything i had online into the PS5 version of gta online and deleted the account from the ps4 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭jj880

Does anyone have this TV or know of a better price? It looks to have the features to go well with PS5. I was saving for a gaming PC for VR but think I might go for something like this first as I dont have an OLED in the house yet or should I be looking at a different TV?

Made for gaming – with Game Optimiser and more

The improved Game Optimiser utilises an enhanced gaming menu, giving you quick access to important settings. There are now five game genre presets, including a new one for sports games. Equipped with 48Gbps HDMI 2.1 sockets, this LG TV is designed to get the very best from today’s, and future, games consoles. ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) and VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) mean that your TV automatically adjusts to the optimised settings for gaming – giving you a smoother and faster response.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,545 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I have the 55 inch. It's pretty much the best tv on the market atm for gaming.

If you are looking for something a bit smaller to use as a monitor or bedroom tv the 42 inch model is currently €799 in Harvey Norman. When in use with a PC it can operate as a 32:9 3840x1080p ultra wide monitor.

Post edited by sniper_samurai on

See the 55 now. About 1200 euro richersounds with a good exchange rate. Big price but Im gona make a challenge out of it. If I stay off the stout now until March I get this TV 🤣.

I'd leave it until April/May if you're waiting that long. Should go on clearance with the C3 model launching.

• Advertisement

Thought the C2 just launched, because I'm waiting for the C1 55 to drop in price! Heard the C1 is still slightly better?

Apparently this CS6 is the same oled panel as the C1. Was available for under 1000 euro a few days ago in the bargain alerts forum. Posters there reckon C2 is slightly better but not worth the difference in price. What do you reckon would be a good price for a C1 55 inch?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,328 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I bought the 55" C1 during the summer, think it was €1,350 or thereabouts. I did look at the C2 but from reviews there appeared to be very little between them in terms of specs and performance so I put the difference in cost towards a soundbar instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

That's coming up as 1089 for me which seems a good price for a 55 inch if it's as good or thereabouts as a C1.

I got a 48 inch C1 for about that price over a year ago.

Brilliant TV for all content especially games. Gorgeous. Everything just works out if the box with game consoles. No messing. All features, formats are there for VRR, HDR, high frame rates ...

But it really showed up juddering and poor response times on some 30 FPS games for me. Might not be an issue for you.

Also, these can't really be used for computer monitors as those interfaces have loads of static content (burn in).

Also the UI on the C1 is slow, but it's only used for launching apps.

Check out DID, Harvey Norman, ...

Also, get (free) home delivery if you can. If you do pick it up yourself it really should be stored standing up in the car and not flat. Which is very awkward for a small car. Just Google how to properly transport it, if you are going to do it yourself.

Edit ...

From an OS point of view newer TVs will have longer OS and app support.

Also, as someone said prices will drop when new versions come out, so if you are not in a hurry ...

Also, the TV shops have sales every bank holiday... so stay calm ...

Shows a 100 euro apply instant cashback button for me that takes it under a grand. I use richersounds as they usually have best price, deliver quickly and upright on a pallet but will check all retailers for sure thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Also, if they deliver and break it, it's their fault. I picked mine up during covid and never thought twice about leaving it flat in the car. I even had a free delivery option. Impatient person I am. But it was fine. Wouldn't do it again though. 🤣🤣

Great TVs. The newer games look stunning on them.

Yeah, the CS is a bit of an in between model. It's the panel and body of the C1 but with the processor from the C2.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Any advice for something a bit smaller lads? Mate of mine asked about getting something between a 27" and a 32" for his bedroom as it's a small room but that dips into the world for monitors for me as well as TVs and I've only really dealt with the 55" and bigger TVs the last year or so?

If they can fit something a bit bigger the 42 inch C2 is currently at an all time low of €799. I swapped out my old 2010 model 32 inch I was using for gaming for the Sony 42A90K OLED and it wasn't much bigger, though the old tv did have pretty large bezels. You'll be hard pressed to find a decent 32 inch 4K HDMI 2.1 monitor for significantly less.

I was hoping the 55 C1 would come close to €1k but it seems it's hard to even find it now. Suppose I was dreaming. C2 55 is a good price but it's supposed to be ever so slightly inferior, something to do with tones. Probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

• Advertisement

The issue is with how black frame insertion is implemented on the C2 vs the C1. If you are after accurate colour in allm/gaming mode the best tvs are the new Panasonic OLEDs, they're not the easiest to find here though.

See, buying tv's is no longer straight forward! Which is why I'm adamant on the C1, because it still has the best reviews for the prices. Keep doing the lotto, maybe someday I'll win and get the Formovie Theater Projector and Elite Screens 123" Aeon CLR ALR Screen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Only started playing GoW Ragnarok. Can someone tell me roughly how far through the main story I am? I have been doing all the side content that has been popping up so even though I'm roughly 14 hours in it feels like I am only scratching the surface.

Just got to the part where

Kratos and Freya fought a giant lizard and we are on our way back to her brothers camp.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Seriously? God damn I thought I was further than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭recyclops

Yeah it will start to feel overly long if you do all the side stuff religiously, I was doing that but was getting weary so just focused on story and it got a little tighter, had a quick blast of side stuff but got repetitive quickly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,179 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I’d say more a third or more of the way through (although I haven’t finished it yet). It’s around a 40-50 hour game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Yeah, no it's not. Wait until you finish the game to make a judgement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,328 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Johnny is pretty bang on. I platinumed the game at 51 hours. Throughout the game I was doing most of the side stuff I found, so I think I probably finished the story around 40-42 hours.

If you just stick mostly to the main missions, you could probably finish around 30 hours allowing for some side stuff to help level you up, but yeah I'd agree with Johnny. Sounds about right to me and tracks with what most reviews I read were saying.

• Advertisement

May end up getting the platinum, is it similar enough to the first game where you can just do it all afterwards? If there is not a spoiler-free way of answering then just leave it.

Advertisement