Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Unbound trial is tied to EA Play and became available on Tuesday. Don't expect any EA games to have game trials or games available as part of the Extra or Premium tiers of PS+. The only way this will change is if they strike a deal with EA to add Play to the Premium subscription like it is with GPU on Xbox/PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Was the first sniper game I played in the series and I was a bit disappointed by the fact that I could barely use my sniper rifle, it seemed like almost every time I used it, it brought every single enemy in the area down on me and completely limited my options going forward after everyone was alerted. Maybe I was playing the game wrong or something, but I mostly crawled around and used my silenced pistol, while still fun it wasn't really what I had signed up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah I agree. I enjoyed the game but the sniper rifle was somewhat useless. Snipe someone from a tower and then every enemy with a square mile was alerted to your position surrounding the tower. I get that there's a level of realism there but they should have given more opportunities to mask the sound otherwise its a bang average third-person shooter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It’s a decent, old-school, PC-style action game with a nice degree of openness and cool levels, but it’s a world away from the sniping roots of the series. I’ve never played previous games, but they’re definitely more ‘sniper’ games than this one from everything I’ve seen. I played through the (big!) first level and sniping is a viable but entirely optional approach. It’s a stealth action sandbox game, sort of a Hitman or MGS5 lite type of deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Are you not supposed to wait for distractions? Least that how I remember it working in 4.

A plane would fly over periodically masking your shots etc

• Advertisement

There are a few spots in the game where you can reliably anticipate overhead planes etc and take up a decent position, but most of the time you get an opportunity like this it has come and gone before you can line up an appropriate target and take the shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Well if you want it quickly and arcade then you can adjust the settings, but isn't that the realism of being a sniper is waiting for the exact moment to pull off the perfect shot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Only danger of this with those games and that level of realism is the sheer size of the levels. I played 4 and honestly sank about 2 hours into the first level taking folks out and then got locked into a checkpoint of death where I would spawn with enemies firing at me. Honestly couldn't bring myself to put the effort into that first level again

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

As Markitron said, the opportunities are few and far between unfortunately. The levels are so large yet partitioned so you end up in small areas where the farthest you can get is sniping someone from 50foot away. I remember the last game where they had plenty of passing boats, cars or planes that you could wait it out until the right moment to mask a shot but there are areas in this where there is nothing and sometimes even when there is a noise, it's still heard in the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Callisto Protocol reviews not as good as expected which is disappointing.

Might still get it. 55e in Smyth's compared to 70e in GameStop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Everything leading up to it has put me off a bit. Late review embargo, developer talking about the team doing crunch time, a season pass and updates for death animations. Sounds quite glitchy too so hopefully they give it a bit more polish.

There's a lot of hype around it so I'm taking everything with a pinch of salt. I'll probably wait a few months and consider it at €40-50. Also keeping an eye on Dead Space.

A 7/10 Sci-fi horror is a 10/10 in any other genre for me personally. They are so few and far between.

Speaking of dead space, the first 18 minutes of the remastered gameplay has been released

• Registered Users Posts: 7,001 ✭✭✭Wossack

I’d have thought the same - but hasn’t mass effect been tipped as being in the next months set of games?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

EA games have still shown up as free games on Plus, but the game trials are tied to the EA Play subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Expectations for Game Awards?

Don't care about the awards but Horizon FW DLC seems likely and was leaked by the Snitch.

Hopefully DS2 although it'll maybe just be that Overdose Xbox game.

Should get Suicide Squad trailer...hope it's good after Gotham Knights disaster.

Factions trailer as well hopefully.

There's a TGAs section on the PSN Store now with Season A Letter To The Future Demo up on it along with two others.

Was looking forward to it but demo didn't do much for me.

Forspoken trailer tomorrow too apparently.

Armored Core VI! Finally! People trash talk The Game Awards each year but I enjoy it for the announcements. Glad I tuned in tonight. With the success of all their Souls games I thought FromSoftware forgot about the AC series.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,485 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The 10 years of souls like games since the last Armored core game might have an effect.

Death Stranding 2 trailer is weird and cryptic as expected

• Registered Users Posts: 11,650 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I picked up the Dualsense Charging Station yesterday. Excellent piece of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Have that charger station a while, it's very handy. Doesn't use up one of your USB ports either.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It's very handy alright, especially if you swap between controllers. Sometimes I find I need to wiggle the controller a little to get it to make better contact with the dock to start charging though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

To see Dysmantle in my Top 5 games. As much as I hate 2K and their scummy anti-consumer bollox, there's a great basketball game underneath all of that.

Had a look at mine and it seems way off, says I played Horizon Forbidden West for 80 hours, it seemed like it was counting it twice. The 65 hours each on Elden Ring and Cyberpunk seems legit enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Sounds about right. Top played games were Elden Ring, Overwatch, Horizon FW, GoWR & Inscryption.

I'd planned on playing a lot more games this year, but Elden Ring took so much of my time, and then for several months, every other game just wasn't Elden Ring. That 42 games played, a lot of them I only played for less than an hour I'd say.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

This is what I get on different browsers and even from within the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I got that the first time, but just refreshing the page brought it up (on browser).

Top games Gran Turismo 7, GTA 5, Horizon Zero Dawn, Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered, The Quarry.

I'd say Ghostwire Tokyo is close behind as I was spending a bit of time in that recently. Haven't done much gaming in the last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

Get the same error, dont think they care about my 50 or so hours players :(.

Edit. Just hit refresh a few times and got in.

Amazed I've played god of war for that long and it doesn't feel like it's nearly finished good (Norse) god.

Advertisement