Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Accessories

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kantes

Berty wrote: »
    HN called and cancelled my order for the charging station. Said they haven't had it in a while so don't know how we managed to order it. Refunded.
    Aw that's disappointing. I'll await my phone call shortly too so :( . The search continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kantes wrote: »
    Aw that's disappointing. I'll await my phone call shortly too so :( . The search continues.

If you miss them then it was an 091 number.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Corvo

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Dualsense controllers down to 60 in Gamestop

Thanks for posting this, mine arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

The Arctis 7P is back in stock on steelseries.com if anyone is looking for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

That's Arctis, Arctis. Anyone for an Arctis?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Corvo

I’d really like a good headset, is this one worth the price? 179 is stretching my budget but if I get the longevity and quality I won’t mind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

Corvo wrote: »
    I’d really like a good headset, is this one worth the price? 179 is stretching my budget but if I get the longevity and quality I won’t mind

If you Google discount code, you should be able to get 10 to 15% off the price

J Mysterio wrote: »
    That's Arctis, Arctis. Anyone for an Arctis?

Woops, didn't realise I posted twice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Anniearenyouok

Hi, can anyone recommend decent durable PS5 controller skins? Preferably ones you are using at present. Would be buying two. None those cheap looking see thru plastic ones , yuck!

I find the controllers get gruby quickly and id like to keep them protected if possible.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

are all the PULSE headsets still out of stock i take it?

checked gamestop, smyths, argos

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

akelly02 wrote: »
    are all the PULSE headsets still out of stock i take it?

checked gamestop, smyths, argos

yeah, i think I might go for the arctis 7p at this rate.

Kimbot wrote: »

i think i might follow suit

are they widely available

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kantes

Berty wrote: »
    If you miss them then it was an 091 number.
    I just got my cancellation call. What a pity. Back to the search I guess.

turtle beach stealth 600 are available in gamestop.

anyone have any idea if they are any good??

cheap enough aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

i think i might follow suit

are they widely available

They are very hard to find. Sold out everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Benzino

nedd wrote: »
    They are very hard to find. Sold out everywhere.

The black ones (you need to be a member on SteelSeries, it's free) appear to be available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

You've got an Xbox as well don't you? You'd be better off with the 7x, same headset with added Xbox compatibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Anniearenyouok

got mine in argos for half that

I understand that. My link was for those who willing to pay 27.99e for one & have it delivered to door in few days.

Better than waiting a month before argos get them back in....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You've got an Xbox as well don't you? You'd be better off with the 7x, same headset with added Xbox compatibility.

Nathan has the xbox :) From what I understand the 7P and 7X are exactly the same but just advertised for each console??

Nathan has the xbox :) From what I understand the 7P and 7X are exactly the same but just advertised for each console??

The 7X will work on all consoles and PC and has a chat mixer dial.

The 7p works on all non Xbox consoles and PC, the chat mix dial is replaced with a mic monitor as PS5 consoles don't support chat mixing on non Sony headsets.

The 7X will work on all consoles and PC and has a chat mixer dial.

The 7p works on all non Xbox consoles and PC, the chat mix dial is replaced with a mic monitor as PS5 consoles don't support chat mixing on non Sony headsets.

Oh bolox. I should have researched more before I ordered one, didn't realise this would be an issue.

But even with the 7X, the chat mix wouldn't work on PS5 right?

Wing126 wrote: »
    Oh bolox. I should have researched more before I ordered one, didn't realise this would be an issue.

But even with the 7X, the chat mix wouldn't work on PS5 right?

Yeah, the chat mix can be adjusted in the OS but only Sony headsets can do it from the headset controls.

This was also the way it was on PS4, some manufacturers got around this by mixing usb and optical audio on supported consoles. This isn't an option any more with the removal of the optical port and the inability of the PS5 to output more than 1 audio stream.

Just bit the bullet on a turtle beach Gen 2 600

Here's hoping its decent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

The 7p has a small USB C adapter that will work on the switch hand-held as well. Does the 7x have that?

nedd wrote: »
    The 7p has a small USB C adapter that will work on the switch hand-held as well. Does the 7x have that?

It does, it's slightly bigger than the one with the 7P to accommodate a toggle switch between Xbox mode and USB mode.

It can be used on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Switch, Android, PC and Mac.

The €120 Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox uses the same dongle and drivers, only differences between them and the 7x are the headband and microphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Annie thanks for posting this.

I've been looking for the official PS5 charging station (like everyone else!) and had the odd look at the competition in the meantime and noticed that there's a lot of utter rubbish on offer.

So they're all Dualsense charging stations but what's interesting to me is how sneaky these companies are about how the charging takes place, things like whether there's an actual ac adaptor included, how many amps are supplied in the first place and even more sneakily whether this is then chopped in half in order to supply each of the two charging ports on the station.

ie sometimes a product might say its a 2 amp charger but neglect very purposefully to let you know that each controller will only charge at 1 amp etc.

Also some of these charging stations expect you to just plug your USB cable into your PS5 and wait many, many hours for your controllers to charge.

The linked one says its USB C for faster charging - which is misleading and then goes on to say charge your Controllers "overnight" - So 8-10 hours?????

Thats a joke.

Just to be clear - The official Sony product has a dedicated ac adapter that you plug into your wall, tapping into full mains voltage and not the tiny power available over a USB port.

Mango Joe wrote: »

I've been looking for the official PS5 charging station (like everyone else!) and had the odd look at the competition in the meantime and noticed that there's a lot of utter rubbish on offer.

So they're all Dualsense charging stations but what's interesting to me is how sneaky these companies are about how the charging takes place, things like whether there's an actual ac adaptor included, how many amps are supplied in the first place and even more sneakily whether this is then chopped in half in order to supply each of the two charging ports on the station.

ie sometimes a product might say its a 2 amp charger but neglect very purposefully to let you know that each controller will only charge at 1 amp etc.

Also some of these charging stations expect you to just plug your USB cable into your PS5 and wait many, many hours for your controllers to charge.

The linked one says its USB C for faster charging - which is misleading and then goes on to say charge your Controllers "overnight" - So 8-10 hours?????

Thats a joke.

I have the charger that is linked, bought in argos for half that price. My controller died while gaming at 9pm last night. Popped the console into rest mode and placed the charger in the dock. It was fully charged 2 hours later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Mango Joe wrote: »

Thats a joke.

Just to be clear - The official Sony product has a dedicated ac adapter that you plug into your wall, tapping into full mains voltage and not the tiny power available over a USB port.

Well said! Exactly why I am prepared to wait it out until the official ones become plentiful online to purchase.

Cheers,
    M

PS: Not dissing anyone who is posting about the others though (or has bought them) at the same time.....those ones are just not for me!

Advertisement