Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 Accessories

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Kimbot wrote: »
    I have the charger that is linked, bought in argos for half that price. My controller died while gaming at 9pm last night. Popped the console into rest mode and placed the charger in the dock. It was fully charged 2 hours later.

What have you it plugged into? Directly into the PS5? Or into a wall charger of some description?

I find this very, very odd as I use a Samsung super fast charger (link) which is 25W @3 amps and it can't charge my single Dualsense Controller in 2 hours, not to mind charging 2 at once......Maybe there's some other reasonable explanation though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mango Joe wrote: »
    What have you it plugged into? Directly into the PS5? Or into a wall charger of some description?

I find this very, very odd as I use a Samsung super fast charger (link) which is 25W @3 amps and it can't charge my single Dualsense Controller in 2 hours, not to mind charging 2 at once......Maybe there's some other reasonable explanation though.

Plugged straight into the rear of the console. I was actually surprised it was that quick last night normally it's about 4 hours for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Kimbot wrote: »
    I have the charger that is linked, bought in argos for half that price. My controller died while gaming at 9pm last night. Popped the console into rest mode and placed the charger in the dock. It was fully charged 2 hours later.

Well that's getting closer to what I would be expecting.....Probably reasonable then to assume that if you plugged in 2 Controllers you're looking at the 8-10 hours or so as I had mentioned in my first post.

At least this company does say that you're looking at overnight charging.... Most try and hide every negative aspect on their marketing/product labels.

IMO the best advice is make sure you're buying something that outputs a decent amount of amps and ideally cuts power when the Controller is a full charge as it may damage the battery AFAIK (open to correction/advice on this last point)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well that's getting closer to what I would be expecting.....Probably reasonable then to assume that if you plugged in 2 Controllers you're looking at the 8-10 hours or so as I had mentioned in my first post.

At least this company does say that you're looking at overnight charging.... Most try and hide every negative aspect on their marketing/product labels.

IMO the best advice is make sure you're buying something that outputs a decent amount of amps and ideally cuts power when the Controller is a full charge as it may damage the battery AFAIK (open to correction/advice on this last point)

Well i wanted the Sony one and when I looked into the stealth one it auto cuts off when the battery is full. For how cheap it was im impressed with it in fairness. I only have 1 controller aswell for now so only one charging at a time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

just a quick message to say i was holding out for the pulse headset for months and got sick of waiting, so went for the turtle beach gen2 600.

€100 in gamestop and its absolutely excellent.

very good for the money and wouldnt put anyone off as a good alternative to the pulse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dualsense Charging Station on AMAZON UK. GO GO GO

25.19 charged to me in GBP

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08H95HBZ8/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Kantes

Berty wrote: »

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08H95HBZ8/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Gone by 12:22, darn! Hopefully it is a sign of more to appear.

Kantes wrote: »
    Gone by 12:22, darn! Hopefully it is a sign of more to appear.

Very weird, when I click on the link I can add it to my basket but then the basket is empty. Figured it was because I had already ordered it, being 1 per customer maybe, but never seen that before on Amazon. It's normally there or not there.

Thing is I never got a push notification from the App, nor an email from the website(2 seperate subs you've to sign up for) just I keep Smyths, GS, Amazon and Argos as bookmarks and just click through a while ago and just got luck seeing it. I processed my purchase before letting the good folks here know, couldn't take the chance.

Very weird, when I click on the link I can add it to my basket but then the basket is empty. Figured it was because I had already ordered it, being 1 per customer maybe, but never seen that before on Amazon. It's normally there or not there.

Thing is I never got a push notification from the App, nor an email from the website(2 seperate subs you've to sign up for) just I keep Smyths, GS, Amazon and Argos as bookmarks and just click through a while ago and just got luck seeing it. I processed my purchase before letting the good folks here know, couldn't take the chance.
    Hmm odd. Mine just says "currently unavailable".

Edit: Now there's 1 available for £47.50 from a 3rd party...

Kantes wrote: »
    Edit: Now there's 1 available for £47.50 from a 3rd party...

That's me :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Thank you very much sir, managed to nab one.

That's me :pac::pac:

:D:D sneaky sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

Those chargers only give out 5w (standard usb power) unless the device on the other end tells it it is compatible. This ensures backwards compatibility with new charging hardware and older devices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Dual sense charging station available to order on Curry’s.ie €15 more with delivery than the RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Dual sense charging station available to order on Curry’s.ie €15 more with delivery than the RRP.

These ship from the UK via DPD. If it comes at all atm expect customs charges despite already paying the tax.

Before brexit they were always a higher price, they are just chancers.

You can always try to get a refund on price matching but the catch would be finding one that is available and in stock for 29.99 when you make your request.

Before brexit they were always a higher price, they are just chancers.

You can always try to get a refund on price matching but the catch would be finding one that is available and in stock for 29.99 when you make your request.

Popping up on Amazon yesterday and Currys today hopefully means there'll be more places getting them shortly too. Just can't justify the higher price Currys slapped onto it and then potentially customs on top of that!

These ship from the UK via DPD. If it comes at all atm expect customs charges despite already paying the tax.

Ah balls I didn’t know that and I’m already waiting on a delivery from DPD the last 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I ordered one and wondering about this now also. I don't see how they can pass on the costs if it's ordered from Currys Irish entity though?

Also saw mention elsewhere that DPD may not be dealing with the UK shipping in January due to Brexit mayhem.

Wondering if what actually happens is these are delivered to Currys Ireland and then forwarded from there with DPD.

Apparently I'm to expect delivery by the 25th.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I ordered one and wondering about this now also. I don't see how they can pass on the costs if it's ordered from Currys Irish entity though?

Also saw mention elsewhere that DPD may not be dealing with the UK shipping in January due to Brexit mayhem.

Wondering if what actually happens is these are delivered to Currys Ireland and then forwarded from there with DPD.

Same here I’m waiting on the phone to cancel I’m not taking the chance. DPD haven’t updated a UK delivery for me in over 2 weeks so don’t want to risk it.

• Advertisement

On the import thread in commerce someone stated they got stung for VAT and duty buying a laptop from Currys Ireland, they refused delivery and had it sent back.

I received 2 DPD deliveries this week already. One Amazon and one from Nike

Amazon shipped from UK and for some reason Nike still shipped through the UK sorting office which was annoying. DPD lifted their delays on the 13th January so neither of mine were delayed very much. Maybe 2-3 extra.

Amazons estimated deliveries are mad though, something that arrive yesterday from them is not meant for delivery till this Friday so they're giving themselves a massive buffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

The Dual Sense charger seems to be available on Currys at the moment for anyone willing to pay the price
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/gaming/console-gaming/controllers/playstation-ps5-dualsense-controller-charging-station-10211576-pdt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

just get the turtle beech stealth 600

its excellent

€100 in gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 27,815 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Bet Argos will list it at €95 or so when it does come back into stock and say it's 20% off or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

akelly02 wrote: »
    just get the turtle beech stealth 600

its excellent

€100 in gamestop

I'm currently using my ps4 gold headset, which is grand for now but definitely on it's way out so I'm happy enough to hold out for the pulse to become available. It's just annoying to see argos upping the price in advance of stock coming in knowing the demand will be there for it.. still €99.99 in gamestop and smyths.

I'm currently using my ps4 gold headset, which is grand for now but definitely on it's way out so I'm happy enough to hold out for the pulse to become available. It's just annoying to see argos upping the price in advance of stock coming in knowing the demand will be there for it.. still €99.99 in gamestop and smyths.

its unlike argos , i always had them down as decent price wise for stuff!!

i actually was in tullamore xmas eve and i popped in to see could i get a pulse headset...it said i could reserve it for delivery the next day ....ie xmas day!! i asked staff member who said come back when the re-open on the 28th

then of course i was that drunk / not bothered, i didnt go in the 28th when they opened back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Just took delivery of the dock today, right on schedule. Wasn't charge VAT or anything.

• Advertisement

Just took delivery of the dock today, right on schedule. Wasn't charge VAT or anything.

Good to see that's sorted out. As I mentioned some people got hit with monster charges buying laptops as Currys shipped them from the UK.

Advertisement