Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭Polar101

video of a funeral at St Coman’s Cemetery in Roscommon town on Friday, November 6th, shows hundreds of people in attendance, with little adherence to public health advice. Very few people were social distancing or wearing masks.
    most of the people did not appear to be from the local area and had instead travelled from various parts of the country.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coronavirus-funeral-video-shows-large-crowd-in-breach-of-level-5-rules-1.4415039

Gardai investigating a funeral in co Roscommon two weeks ago, sounds like a few more than 25 people in attendance there.

(apologies if posted already)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Why the hell does RTE news start with a headline covid story from fking Northern Ireland ...............I mean why stop there and not go to Scotland or some other foreign country

Did they send up cathriona Perry to present from Derry or Belfast

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

nattin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

anyway i wish seagulls were covid vectors. f*ck those guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Polar101 wrote: »
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/coronavirus-funeral-video-shows-large-crowd-in-breach-of-level-5-rules-1.4415039

Gardai investigating a funeral in co Roscommon two weeks ago, sounds like a few more than 25 people in attendance there.

It's alright don't you know the attendees at the funeral similar to those on the Málaga flight are immune to the law....sorry I mean the virus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Would they from a background of not complying in general with rules?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

pc7 wrote: »
    are we going to find out the 26th November what the plan is for the 1st December?

I doubt it, nphet will advise to remain at level 5 as its the only plan they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Glenomra

Happy4all wrote: »

Do you mean RTE staff or golfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭political analyst

Ficheall wrote: »
    They didn't though. When this kicked off in January (on boards, as opposed to whenever the original virus surfaced), there were what, 20-25% fatality rates reported? Those rates turned out to be way overestimated thankfully, but they did not know that at the time, and they did nothing. When Lombardy was overrun, and doctors were having to decide which patients to treat, and which to let die, there were people still coming and going on their skiing holidays.

Governments will never forget the horror that unfolded in Lombardy and will thus respond appropriately to any future novel virus.

The point is what is known now, not what was known then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭political analyst

boggerman1 wrote: »
    Did they send up cathriona Perry to present from Derry or Belfast

Yes - in Derry at the Guildhall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Governments will never forget the horror that unfolded in Lombardy and will thus respond appropriately to any future novel virus.

The point is what is known now, not what was known then.

Haha

They've done some job in Italy 2nd time round

Daily high for deaths last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

It would appear Dublin buses are the new drinking spots.

More drinking onboard than not.

Group of youths on way into city centre discussing the vaccine, no way am I taking it said one....the other said he'll wait until people take it first....

Town itself was full of small groups drinking bottles of cans, in fairness most just 3 or 4 people,

But certainly you can feel the sense people are ready to explode, people in need of big session by the looks of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

Happy4all wrote: »

Yes they would, is the video visible on line anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Hse update

In hospital 267 (decrease of 18)
    In ICU 32 (no change)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Hse update

In hospital 267 (decrease of 18)
    In ICU 32 (no change)

shhhhh, these ones don't get reported in the meedjia

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

shhhhh, these ones don't get reported in the meedjia

You'd better tell RTE because they mentioned it on TV and Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

****, the hospital cases will be through the roof next week.... or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭normanoffside

copeyhagen wrote: »
    ****, the hospital cases will be through the roof next week.... or not...

Hospital cases would be practically zero if it weren't for hospital outbreaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Hospital cases would be practically zero if it weren't for hospital outbreaks.

Mercy hospital is only 2 minutes walk from there, easily staff there living in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Pardon my ignorance what what city is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Cork i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

You have a scientist, yes. Dr Fauci in the US, Dr. Van Tam in the UK.
    Not the CMO. Witty in the UK isn't even rolled out some days.

Which of the three countries you mentioned is doing better do you think? Ireland, the UK, or the US?

Also Dr Fauci hasn't been allowed to be the sole figurehead relating to Covid advice in the US, contrary to the wishes of the CDC. Dr Brix has been addressing the public too, and Trump has been constantly speaking over, interrupting, and in general undermining both of them, contributing to an incoherent response to the pandemic in the US.

Cork

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Cork

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Yeah, lots of young people drinking pints and meeting in groups, no social distancing etc.

But it is outdoors, and I have seen this even during the summer. I don't think this is particularly risky behaviour? I don't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Jaysus, that looks freezing. Someone should tell them they will catch a cold out in that.

Are you allowed leave your county for a funeral? I presume if it is a very close relative yes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are you allowed leave your county for a funeral? I presume if it is a very close relative yes

You are allowed go anywhere in Ireland to visit a grave at the moment so I would say yes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement