Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Whatever happens FG and Leo are damaged. FG will be looking at replacing Leo as they don't want him at the helm for much longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

blanch152 wrote: »
    Plenty of posts on this thread expecting him to do jail time, plenty of others expecting him to be in court.

It's over, lads.

We will see.

Plenty of posts on this thread expecting him to do jail time, plenty of others expecting him to be in court.

It's over, lads.

It's not over until the DPP says so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Suckit wrote: »
    Any Gardai admitting unlikely prosecution does not effectively end anything.
    Wishful thinking. I doubt it anyone ever really expected that Leo would be prosecuted (also wishful thinking if they did), but he should be held accountable if found guilty. How that is determined will be anyones guess if he is. But I can't imagine the majority public would be too happy if he wasn't.

What???

Now you're saying noone expected him to be prosecuted???

What in gods name have you lads been keeping this thread active everyday for months now so???

Give over, yous all thought he would be charged and in court and found guilty, even prison time was mentioned.

Ah jaysus.

Paddy Cosgrave. That's who you pinned your hopes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

skimpydoo wrote: »
    Whatever happens FG and Leo are damaged. FG will be looking at replacing Leo as they don't want him at the helm for much longer.

Most popular party and leader in the latest polls.

Hmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,167 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It's over, lads.

Plenty expecting this was over a weekin. Plenty expecting him not to be criminally investigated.

Plenty reckoning it is over based on an un-named Garda source speculating and plenty ignoring it has to go to the DPP.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,222 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

jmcc wrote: »
    And yet FG did not make any comment when Varadkar was interviewed under caution and had to surrender his mobile. Then again, if FG supporters tolerate such low behaviour in high places, what does it say about them? FG is no longer the party of law and order. It is just FF with better suits. This story does not look like it is quite over yet.

Regards...jmcc

Why would they?

If they did, the same people giving out about this, the likes of Paddy Cosgrove and Mark Caul would be jumping up and down saying FG is trying to interfere with a Gardai Investigation.

But that is the point right, jumping up and down for every little bit of 'news' even though it's not news.

Anyways, looks like Leo won't be spending time in the Joy after all, much to the disappointment of some, which shows that many people don't have a notion.

I'm sure the level-headed members and elected reps of FG will decide that. A load of lads with pirate flags in their Twitter bio isn't representative of public opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Plenty of posts on this thread expecting him to do jail time

Where are those posts? ??

Can you link to a few?

I'm sorry. Just to get serious for a second. If you believe "no crime committed" you are either delusional or complicit.

Clear abuse of position to benefit a personal friend and political position.

Croynism 101. Bananastan.

And people honestly ask why the children's hospital cost more than the tallest building in the world!

So the Garda source is either complicit (a serious accusation) or delusional?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,900 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Where are those posts? ??

Can you link to a few?

Leo may still do jail time. He is the subject of a criminal investigation. None of those posters are wrong - yet.

If evidence of corruption is found or evidence that he has broken the OSA by the Gardai, do you think he should face a trial blanch?

Why not? Leo has in the past.

In a previous post you said you were a journalist.
    Care to shed some light on this accusation on Leo?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

What???

Now you're saying noone expected him to be prosecuted???

What in gods name have you lads been keeping this thread active everyday for months now so???

Give over, yous all thought he would be charged and in court and found guilty, even prison times.

Ah jaysus.

Paddy Cosgrave. That's who you pinned your hopes on.

Woah woah woah there Jingle. First off, it is speculation that he mightn't be. Before you get ahead of yourself.
    This investigation could effectively go on for years to come.
    I doubt realistically anyone expected or expects him to get the correct punishment for the crime if found guilty, is what I meant, and mean. If others (not mentioning names) didn't have any repercussions for their actions in the past and we had to pay for lengthy tribunals, then it's no wonder Leo leaked without worrying about his own. He was sitting in the most powerful seat in the Country at the time.
    His admittance of doing wrong is and should be enough proof of guilt. Even (or possibly especially) in the Taoiseachs seat, leaking documents marked CONFIDENTIAL should not be tolerated under ANY circumstances, and should definitely not have been his decision to decide and ignore the others he ignored. Lets not forget how he jeopardised Simon Harris' career too.
    He leaked confidential files. He is guilty of that.
    He should be held accountable for showing such disregard for the rules that are there for a reason.

That is NOT a post 'expecting' him to do jail time.

That is a fairly straight up statement of a possible consequence of being criminally investigated. 'You may go to jail'.

Try again there with the typical mis-representing of posts that goes on here.

markodaly wrote: »
    In a previous post you said you were a journalist.
    Care to shed some light on this accusation on Leo?
    He said on the radio that he would not be charged.

I'm sure the level-headed members and elected reps of FG will decide that. A load of lads with pirate flags in their Twitter bio isn't representative of public opinion.

Most of the level-headed members and elected FG reps wanted Simon Coveny as leader.

• Site Banned Posts: 71 ✭✭TheTruth21

Jizique wrote: »
    He was on Pat Kenny Thursday for over 30 mins

Pat asks him difficult questions regularly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭jmcc

TheTruth21 wrote: »
    Like his favourite flavour of ice cream? :)

Regards...jmcc

Country needs a decent plumber.
    Garda leaking info about a case which is an investigation into the criminality of leaks.

Only in Ireland. :)

TheTruth21 wrote: »

Pat is the finest current affairs radio journalist of his generation. He doesn't deal in sensationalism, speculation, or 'red top' hysteria.

Any suggestion he's a good FG man is mere speculation.

• Advertisement

Country needs a decent plumber.
    Garda leaking info about a case which is an investigation into the criminality of leaks.

Only in Ireland. :)
    Where is Super Mario when you need him?;)

That is NOT a post 'expecting' him to do jail time.

That is a fairly straight up statement of a possible consequence of being criminally investigated. 'You may go to jail'.

Try again there with the typical mis-representing of posts that goes on here.

I didn't type the post just quoted you.

"Originally Posted by FrancieBrady View Post
    Leo may still do jail time"

Pat is the finest current affairs radio journalist of his generation. He doesn't deal in sensationalism, speculation, or 'red top' hysteria.

Any suggestion he's a good FG man is mere speculation.

Nobody suggested he's a good FG man. He probably doesn't want to rock the FFG boat.

Most of the level-headed members and elected FG reps wanted Simon Coveny as leader.

No, most of the elected FG reps wanted LV as leader. I know a good few dyed-in-the-wool FG root-and-branch types, and all good with LV as the main man. Not too sure Coveney is the 'shoe in' when it comes to replacing him either when that happens. Believe Paschal Donohoe is extremely popular with members, and with the public in general.

Coveney making shapes to be President of the European Union as well. Hear FG have a lot of soft-power diplomacy skills at EU level.

I didn't type the post just quoted you.

"Originally Posted by FrancieBrady View Post

If you are being criminally investigated you may do jail time = fact.

Did I expect him to? No, not with the history of accountability in this country.

Sorry to disabuse you of your notions. That post does not for a second indicate I expected him to do jail time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,376 ✭✭✭jmcc

The majority of FG members voted for Coveney as leader. The FG politburo (the Oireachtas party) installed their candidate as leader. The voting totals were posted earlier in this thread, I think. Coveney got more votes.

Regards...jmcc

If you are being criminally investigated you may do jail time = fact.

Did I expect him to? No, not with the history of accountability in this country.

Sorry to disabuse you of your notions. That post does not for a second indicate I expected him to do jail time.

""Originally Posted by FrancieBrady View Post

Any shred of respect I had for you as a poster is well gone now.

The majority of FG members voted for Coveney as leader. The FG politburo (the Oireachtas party) installed their candidate as leader. The voting totals were posted earlier in this thread, I think. Coveney got more votes.

Regards...jmcc
    They were and Coveney got over twice the amount of votes that Varadkar did.

The majority of FG members voted for Coveney as leader. The FG politburo (the Oireachtas party) installed their candidate as leader. The voting totals were posted earlier in this thread, I think.

Regards...jmcc

I think I asked before without answer what was the voting breakdown for MLD as leader of SF. Can't find it anywhere online.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 71 ✭✭TheTruth21

""Originally Posted by FrancieBrady View Post

Any shred of respect I had for you as a poster is well gone now.

If hes charged and found quilty, he may do jail time.

Nothing said there thats not true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement