Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,302 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

jmcc wrote: »
    "Calls to Varadkar's spokesperson went unanswered." Hardly vote of confidence, is it?

Regards...jmcc

The same people who complain about Varadkar talking to the media about the case complain when he doesn't talk to the media.

Plus ca change.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭jmcc

blanch152 wrote: »
    The same people who complain about Varadkar talking to the media about the case complain when he doesn't talk to the media.
    No comment from Varadkar's spokesperson rather than Varadkar. There's a difference.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Plus ca change.
      All his spokesperson has to do is confirm the latest story and then say I can't comment any further as it's still an ongoing investigation. By not saying anything speculation seeps in and there will be a lot said on Social Media that won't look good.

What a complete waste of Garda time.

As I said from the start and the article confirms - "the contract had no protected legal status as it was not classified". From the very start of this, I made this exact point. I was ridiculed by conspiracy theorists and anti-Varadkar nutcases, some of whom have since disappeared, that I was making things up. Seems I was right all along.

Am I surprised that Garda sources are saying that there won't be a prosecution? Not a bit is the answer. The Gardai should charge the complainant with wasting Garda time, as no crime was committed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

skimpydoo wrote: »
        All his spokesperson has to do is confirm the latest story and then say I can't comment any further as it's still an ongoing investigation. By not saying anything speculation seeps in and there will be a lot said on Social Media that won't look good.

Social media??

The great bastion of democracy and decency.

• Advertisement

Well, gutter journalism will speculate, but I am sure that as a reputable journalist, you wouldn't be indulging in that kind of speculation and will be reporting that Varadkar won't be charged, which is the main point of the story.

• Site Banned Posts: 71 ✭✭TheTruth21

Plus ca change.

We all now know why hes been so quiet the last week or so.
          The law and order party

TheTruth21 wrote: »
          The law and order party

Leo has been on radio a lot during the last week, especially compared to the missing in action Mary-Lou.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,359 ✭✭✭jmcc

TheTruth21 wrote: »
          The law and order party
          He even wanted his phone back and the Gardai said no.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Leo has been on radio a lot during the last week, especially compared to the missing in action Mary-Lou.

God bless him, he has. Such as the clueless idiot he actually is

• Advertisement

He even wanted his phone back and the Gardai said no.

Regards...jmcc

You are clutching at straws lad. Varadkar is going to spring free from all of this.

Well, gutter journalism will speculate, but I am sure that as a reputable journalist, you wouldn't be indulging in that kind of speculation and will be reporting that Varadkar won't be charged, which is the main point of the story.
          I won't be reporting any such thing as I don't cover current affairs or politics. But if I did I would report it with the added caveat that damage has been done to FG and Leo.

You are clutching at straws lad. Varadkar is going to spring free from all of this.

And if he doesn't you can just change your username again and take up a new dick to suck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Jizique

He was on Pat Kenny Thursday for over 30 mins

And if he doesn't you can just change your username again and take up a new dick to suck

You might want to consider logging off for the night, dude. Not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,305 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The article in the Times is speculation blanch. The Garda source is 'speculating' on what might happen.

The article in the Times is speculation blanch. The Garda source is 'speculating' on what might happen.

Pretty much dampening all of the expectation around this.

We were told all day to expect some shattering news, the effective ending of the garda investigation with Varadkar going free, was not what was portended.

You might want to consider logging off for the night, dude. Not a good look.

I might want to consider many things tonight.

I might want a takeaway. Or a **** out the back

Who the **** are you to suggest I log off?

That's what the story in the Sunday Times says. Who is now clutching at straws?

I might want to consider many things tonight.

I might want a takeaway. Or a **** out the back

Who the **** are you to suggest I log off?

Just looking out for you. You seem to be very angry, and are dishing out the abuse. There was definite homophobic undertones to your last post as well. Might be time to call it a night, and get a solid 8 hour in.

• Advertisement

We were told all day to expect some shattering news, the effective ending of the garda investigation with Varadkar going free, was not what was portended.
          Where does it say an effective ending? All we know now is there is a high chance of no prosecution but until we 100% know this, there is no effective ending.

Just looking out for you. You seem to be very angry, and are dishing out the abuse. There was definite homophobic undertones to your last post as well. Might be time to call it a night, and get a solid 8 hour in.

Thanks for your utterly transparent concern trolling

• Registered Users Posts: 67,305 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You'll notice I didn't respond to that poster. Fairly clear they were a fan of Leo's from the get go. Hoped to get frenzy going. He/she failed and seems to have slunk off with their 1 or two post count. :)

And like I said at the start, Leo surviving and leading FG into the next election would suit my goal fine. So another few months of this story and cloud...hunky dory with me.

I very rarely agree with Dr. Phibes but this is one time that I do. We may be on opposite sides of the argument but this is taking things too far and is homphobic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Why homophobic? Do you know that poster knows what sex the other posters on here are?
          But I do find it comical that you are worried worried about how people look, while your sole reason for logging back into this forum is to defend an admitted rule breaker. How does that look? Should our children grow up believing it is okay to break the law, particularly if you are a politician? What sort of a confusing message is that sending out?
          How does that make an entire party look standing behind that? You should really be watching out how others look a little closer to home and not worry about posters on an anonymous forum.

P.S.
          You left out misogynistic, sexist and racist, and a few others.

Thanks for your utterly transparent concern trolling

Listen, I'll leave it up to you. This is an emotive topic for a lot of people, and the news this evening would appear to indicate it's a nothingburger story. As many of us predicted from the start.

No need to be telling a respected poster like Blanch to go find a new cock to suck though. Attack the post and not the poster and all that.

Okay.. look. If I said anything that could be understood as homophobic or anything else then I truly apologise. That's not who I am

Where does it say an effective ending? All we know now is there is a high chance of no prosecution but until we 100% know this, there is no effective ending.

The Gardai admitting that Varadkar is unlikely to be prosecuted is an effective ending of this. Some straw-clutching going on to think otherwise.

A review of this thread to see some of the posts claiming Varadkar would do jail time would be amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The Gardai admitting that Varadkar is unlikely to be prosecuted is an effective ending of this. Some straw-clutching going on to think otherwise.

A review of this thread to see some of the posts claiming Varadkar would do jail time would be amusing.
          Any Gardai admitting unlikely prosecution does not effectively end anything.
          Wishful thinking. I doubt it anyone ever really expected that Leo would be prosecuted (also wishful thinking if they did), but he should be held accountable if found guilty. How that is determined will be anyones guess if he is. But I can't imagine the majority public would be too happy if he wasn't.

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
          Any Gardai admitting unlikely prosecution does not effectively end anything.
          Wishful thinking. I doubt it anyone ever really expected that Leo would be prosecuted (also wishful thinking if they did), but he should be held accountable if found guilty. How that is determined will be anyones guess if he is. But I can't imagine the majority public would be too happy if he wasn't.

Plenty of posts on this thread expecting him to do jail time, plenty of others expecting him to be in court.

It's over, lads.

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement