Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67,304 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Again, nonsense.

We know with the evidence of our eyes that a crime was committed in Omagh.

We don't know that a crime was committed in breaking the OSA. A big difference.

Breaking the OSA is a crime blanch. What we don't know is whether Varadkar did that or not.

jmcc wrote: »

Pity I can't read that on my phone, it's blurry

• Registered Users Posts: 7,358 ✭✭✭jmcc

Sindo reporting that Varadkar handed over his mobile too.

Regards...jmcc

Probably intentionally so. The Broadsheet.ie generally has the front pages of the Sunday newspapers up close to midnight.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Probably intentionally so. The Broadsheet.ie generally has the front pages of the Sunday newspapers up close to midnight.

Regards...jmcc

Says fine gael leader Leo varadker has been questioned under caution by the Gardai, and they have examined his phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Says fine gael leader Leo varadker has been questioned under caution by the Gardai, and they have examined his phone.

Highly doubt Leo's phone in 2021 is the same one he was using in April 19.

But besides that - the leader of the self styled law and order party has been questioned by AGS and had his phone taken for examination. This is surely unprecedented

• Registered Users Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭blackcard

Seems to say that it is doutbtful that Varadkar will ever face prosecution. The contract had no protected legal status as it was not classified. It may however be a minor breach of data protection

There goes FG's Laura Norder vote.

Regards...jmcc

Gee, they took their time!

Sindo reporting that Varadkar handed over his mobile too.

Regards...jmcc

Already reported. Next...

• Advertisement

No wonder FG's buddies in the Dublin media were trying to put the boot in on SF during the week. A fomer FG taoiseach and current FFG tainiste interviewed under caution by the Gardai and having to surrender his mobile phone.

Regards...jmcc

Already reported. Next...

The deflectorists have arrived, she can't even read the article but already deflecting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

From what I can make out it says the Gardai found no evidence of Leo gaining anything through sharing the document and it wasn't illegal and won't face prosecution.

Seems were coming to the end of this saga.

The deflectorists have arrived, she can't even read the article but already deflecting

I've read it.

No wonder FG's buddies in the Dublin media were trying to put the boot in on SF during the week. A fomer FG taoiseach and current FFG tainiste interviewed under caution by the Gardai and having to surrender his mobile phone.

Regards...jmcc

Sorry jmcc but if and when you read the article you will see no charges will be brought as no law was broken.

I know it will be a hard one to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭costacorta

Sorry jmcc but if and when you read the article you will see no charges will be brought as no law was broken.

In the immortal words of William Shakespeare, Much ado about nothing..

"The contract had no protected legal status as it was not classified"

Goodnight folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

McMurphy wrote: »

But besides that - the leader of the self styled law and order party has been questioned by AGS and had his phone taken for examination. This is surely unprecedented
    They probably already have the other phone that was texting with Leo in 2019.
    If he used whatsapp etc.. all Leo's messages are likely retrievable.
    If he texted anybody on this phone commenting on the leak being made public or anything else, he might have got himself in trouble depending on what he may have said.
    I have retrieved messages for people on whatsapp from a lot further back than 2019 and that is without anything like the resources the Gardai will have.

"The contract had no protected legal status as it was not classified"

Goodnight folks.

Isn't that for the DPP to decide

Article doesn't say that. It says a 'source' believes a prosecution would be doubtful'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

McMurphy wrote: »

They are probably checking his phones old messages which would be brought over from his old phone.

And yet FG did not make any comment when Varadkar was interviewed under caution and had to surrender his mobile. Then again, if FG supporters tolerate such low behaviour in high places, what does it say about them? FG is no longer the party of law and order. It is just FF with better suits. This story does not look like it is quite over yet.

Regards...jmcc

And yet FG did not make any comment when Varadkar was interviewed under caution and had to surrender his mobile. Then again, if FG supporters tolerate such low behaviour in high places, what does it say about them? FG is no longer the party of law and order. It is just FF with better suits. This story does not look like it is quite over yet.

Regards...jmcc

Poppycock.

Regards.....Annie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Suckit wrote: »
    They probably already have the other phone that was texting with Leo in 2019.
    If he used whatsapp etc.. all Leo's messages are likely retrievable.
    If he texted anybody on this phone commenting on the leak being made public or anything else, he might have got himself in trouble depending on what he may have said.
    I have retrieved messages for people on whatsapp from a lot further back than 2019 and that is without anything like the resources the Gardai will have.

If.
    If.
    If only Leo had attended a funeral ...

I can feel the sighs of disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,873 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

If Mary Lou was interviewed under caution and had to surrender her mobile, what would you be saying? I doubt it would be much ado about nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

WhatsApp is subsidiary of facebook who has HQ in Ireland. If the phones been disposed of the messages haven't.

They are saved for advertising purposes and should be subpoenaed rather than looking at the blank phone.

If.
    If.
    If only Leo had attended a funeral ...

I can feel the sighs of disappointment.

The words are in black and white that he won't face any charges as no law was broken yet they still cling and cling.

It's the hope that kills you.

The words are in black and white that he won't face any charges as no law was broken yet they still cling and cling.

It's the hope that kills you.

They aren't there in black/white or any other colour JJ. A 'source' says a prosecution is doubtful. The Tanaiste still has the DDP hurdle to cross, so this goes on a wee while longer.

WhatsApp is subsidiary of facebook who has HQ in Ireland. If the phones been disposed of the messages haven't.

They are saved for advertising purposes and should be subpoenaed rather than looking at the blank phone.

End-to-end encrypted. Not stored on WhatsApp servers.

Lot of straw clutching going on tonight.

• Advertisement

hey aren't JJ. A 'source' says a prosecution is doubtful. The Tanaiste still has the DDP hurdle to cross, so this goes on a wee while longer.

A Garda source.

Which goes on to say no law was broken.

Anyway if it makes you happy to keep on believing be my guest.

Sure it's all a bit of crack at the end of the day:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement