Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

McMurphy wrote: »
    Stop with the irrelevant waffle please, that TD had an early morning arrest, and several days in court where the guards had to be instructed by the judge to stop lying (surely unprecedented?)

Have not even read what Murphy said, but I can spot a load of irrelevant waffle a mile away.

He can instruct The Village in the art of claiming free legal aid.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,947 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just curious, no insinuation etc etc, but what exactly is Leo's connection, relationship etc etc with this Maitiu O Tuathail, I've seen him interviewed over the past few months, not terribly inspiring to be honest, more a mouth piece for GPs under pressure, stressed out etc.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

smurgen wrote: »
    When his mate said Leo always delivers what did he mean? Has he leaked commercially sensitive and confidential information previously?
    It could mean he always delivers in politics, I think you're reading too much into this
    A Barrister in court would mince any case on words like that and ask for the evidence of law breaking
    Just think about it
    The only grain here is the official secrets act or something
    I'll tell you the way I see this going
    Vradakar will say the document wasn't secret at the time
    Or he will say he as Teesh had authority to share it
    Or the minister requested the copy go to o' Tuathail
    I'm struggling to see any straw to grasp here
    I'm not struggling to see how the village isn't in trouble
    I'd nearly bet Vradakar will bash them in public with facts and not bother suing after that, why would he bother let a then non story carry on
    Thats what I see now in my opinion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

When breaking the law, it’s always best to do it in a specific way in order to limit scrutiny. If you get caught don’t worry because your friend the judge who you play golf with will get you off.

Can people really not see what’s going on here.

Coronavirus is nearly endemic but corruption has been here for decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Stop with the irrelevant waffle please, that TD had an early morning arrest, and several days in court where the guards had to be instructed by the judge to stop lying (surely unprecedented?)

Have not even read what Murphy said, but I can spot a load of irrelevant waffle a mile away.

Odd behaviour.

Fine Gael people perfectly happy to through ad-homonym slurry at non FG politicians, pull out the victim card when genuine concern is expressed about criminal matters. Completely in bad faith.

Elaine Byrne - Barrister / Columnist BusinessPost

''Under the Lobbying Act, a representative body - such as the president of the National Association of GPs - who communicates about a ‘relevant matter’ with an officer holder must register their lobbying activity. Did Maitiú Ó Tuathail or Leo Varadkar do so?''

https://twitter.com/ElaineByrne/status/1322648000305520642

The answer is No, O Tuathail is not registered as a lobbiest. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

When breaking the law, it’s always best to do it in a specific way in order to limit scrutiny. If you get caught don’t worry because your friend the judge who you play golf with will get you off.

Can people really not see what’s going on here.

Coronavirus is nearly endemic but corruption has been here for decades.

All hear say.

What judge are you taking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

joemurt wrote: »
    Odd behaviour.

Fine Gael people perfectly happy to through ad-homonym slurry at non FG politicians, pull out the victim card when genuine concern is expressed about criminal matters. Completely in bad faith.

Elaine Byrne - Barrister / Columnist BusinessPost

''Under the Lobbying Act, a representative body - such as the president of the National Association of GPs - who communicates about a ‘relevant matter’ with an officer holder must register their lobbying activity. Did Maitiú Ó Tuathail or Leo Varadkar do so?''

https://twitter.com/ElaineByrne/status/1322648000305520642

The answer is No, O Tuathail is not registered as a lobbiest. :eek:
    He's just going to say he asked for a copy
    Thats not lobbying
    I'm actually beginning to despair at the poor level of scrutiny here
    So far nothing is jumping out to me as illegal
    Which means the village is in trouble if Vradakar decides to make an example of them IMO

Nobotty wrote: »
    Thats not lobbying
    Which means the village is in trouble if Vradakar decides to make an example of them IMO

The opposition and its merry men blew their load too early.

What's new.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

joemurt dont post in this thread again - need to have a chat via PM re: backseat modding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Thats not lobbying

Did you not hear what Varadkar said yesterday, he admitted giving an official Government document marked 'Confidential / not for circulation' to a buddy, is there something unclear about this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I think now that Leo will survive this one. The public are sick and tired of their politicians as it is. They have enough to deal with and Leo communicates better than most of the idiot ministers in this coalition of chaos. FF must be delighted all the same to clip his wings.
    Your thoughts on this are incorrect. It will be a criminal matter, investigated as such and Leo will be forfeiting his position and possibly serving time in prison.

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Did you not hear what Varadkar said yesterday, he admitted giving an official Government document marked 'Confidential / not for circulation' to a buddy, is there something unclear about this

By the time he gave it was it still confidential?

I know the whole idea with people here is to take as many angles as possible and try to get them to resonate but that one doesn't either
    Thats a competition issue that naughtiness was caught up in
    Gp contracts arent competive
    They all sign the same agreed one with the agreed terms
    I'm not going to reply for a while now because I'm satisfied unless something changes where this is at

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Rte news is a farce.

11 o clock radio bulletin just now reported on 3 stories but none of these were related to Irish news.

1st story
    UK lockdown

2nd
    Aussie Covid situation

3rd
    USA election

I know the whole idea with people here is to take as many angles as possible and try to get them to resonate but that one doesn't either
    Thats a competition issue that naughtiness was caught up in
    Gp contracts arent competive
    They all sign the same agreed one with the agreed terms
    I'm not going to reply for a while now because I'm satisfied unless something changes where this is at

For your sanity you're better off.

The clutching at straws here and on twitter is just that.

Throw enough mud...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Yes

Why? It was all agreed and signed off on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Not a peep in the indo about the other WhatsApp messages sent in the group.

The snide vanguard running dp centres with a bag of cash or the Leo doesn't give a **** about refugees.
    Although not said by him I would have thought they would have thrown them in there for shots and giggles

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

NAGP chat images seemed to show that they were happy enough to get it, wondered where it came from and wanted it to stay confidential. Strange to be so concerned about keeping something confidential if everything was out in the open

• Advertisement

Oh he used those exact words did he?
    Have you a link to those exact words used?
    Making stuff up won't get him to resign or save the village IMO so let's be having the evidence please because without it you're only going to frustrate yourself more

Not a peep in the indo about the other WhatsApp messages sent in the group.

The snide vanguard running dp centres with a bag of cash or the Leo doesn't give a **** about refugees.
    Although not said by him I would have thought they would have thrown them in there for shots and giggles

Ah yes.

People's what's app messages are now allowed be scrutinised.

Without even proof it's actually their what's app messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like the Village are done here, unless Paddy Cosgrave is going to fund a legal defence.

A defamatory attempt to down a Tánaiste for trying to seal a deal on a government policy...in the midst of a national emergency/ pandemic.

A new low.

The best part of it all is the general public do not give a flying feck about this

You have Paddy Cosgrave and his pals in the Village peddling this as some massive scoop

Pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

The question is why leak this story and now? Ever since Leo went against NPHET & Tony Holohan - the media have been out for him. It’s almost like it’s coordinated...between mainstream media attacks & twitter hashtags. This so called scandal is a practice rife with every single elected politician in the Dáil - why him & why now?

We need Leo in Government, he has more medical knowledge than his cabinet counterparts & is good at steering a ship through a crisis. The amount of begrudgers towards him is truly Irish.
    People actually suggesting Mary Lou, Michael Martin or even Harris etc would be a safe pair of hands through this is baffling. Three leaders incapable of making any proper decisions without NPHET ‘guiding’ the way. This is absolutely what we do not need right now.

Awwww poor little Leo. Guess he shouldn’t have been sharing confidential info with his mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Ah yes.

People's what's app messages are now allowed be scrutinised.

Without even proof it's actually their what's app messages.

I did say that it wasn't varadkar who posted them. But why only report on some of the messages in the leak. Not like the media to pick and choose. Messages about money being made from direct provision and the fact celebrated is surely worth a few lines. It will come yet I reckon. Direct provision outrage is never too far away.

My guess is that once the medical contract leak settles the direct provision comments will come to the fore just to keep the story going.

Remember Leo Varadkar "doesn't give a **** about refugees "

The left side of the dail won't just let that go. No chance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

The best part of it all is the general public do not give a flying feck about this

the general public gave Leo FGs worst election result since 1948 just 8 months ago.

They don't like him.

Even FG ordinary members do not support him.

Oh he used those exact words did he?
    Have you a link to those exact words used?
    Making stuff up won't get him to resign or save the village IMO so let's be having the evidence please because without it you're only going to frustrate yourself more

Have you not been paying attention, from RTE yesterday

Mr Varadkar admitted providing an agreement reached with the IMO through what he termed an informal communication channel to a rival group was not best practice.

The statement says the then taoiseach did provide a copy of the agreement to Dr Ó Tuathail on a date between 11 and 16 April, 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Looks like the Village are done here, unless Paddy Cosgrave is going to fund a legal defence.

A defamatory attempt to down a Tánaiste for trying to seal a deal on a government policy...in the midst of a national emergency/ pandemic.

A new low.

You have Paddy Cosgrave and his pals in the Village peddling this as some massive scoop

Pathetic.

Leo Varadkar came out and verified the story, and in the same breath tried to say it was defamatory (how can something you yourself verify be defamatory?)

Would you like to wager here and now - to a charity of your choice that Leo will not dare to even attempt to launch a legal challenge against village?

A new low.

Pathetic.

What is Varadkar's legal action against the Village going to be, have they posted anything that is inaccurate or untruthful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,947 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Awwww poor little Leo. Guess he shouldn’t have been sharing confidential info with his mate.

Agreed and as for needing Leo's knowledge of any sort, is he not the person who abandoned ship, handed others the poison chalice anfmd then spent the past few months cynically undermining every decision made albeit he met his match in Tony Houlihan and guess what, we're actually in Level 5. Leo has been actively stirring it with leaks and mixed messaging for months, nice to see the shoe on the other foot for a change.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement