Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

That document may have had that marking on it from months before and it was no longer applicable

People here are really desperate by the looks of it for Leo's head

If Leo goes for this then every member of the Dail will have to follow suit bar perhaps a handful

Desperate smear campaign here by angry men like Paddy Cosgrave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭jackboy

A guy on TV3 this morning talking about it said that this is not the type of story that the public will be interested in. Seems like the Leo lackeys have been sent out to he media today to do their stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

Mehole will be bringing ky to the Dail tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

The real answer to your real question is
    1) because they didn't have a negotiating license
    2) because they were dodgy as hell
    https://www.businesspost.ie/news-focus/odce-launches-criminal-investigation-into-doctors-group-0ee1cfb8

Cheers your posts have been very informative.

That article is behind a paywall.

Any other link to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    You need to calm down a bit. Backseat modding won't go down well on here, so you should probably cut that out if you plan on staying around. Given you are brand new to boards, I can help you out - there is a charter in each forum that should be read and followed.

Here is the IMO statement from 5 April, confirming an agreement had been reached, prior to the document being shared:

https://www.imo.ie/news-media/news-press-releases/2019/statement-imo-reaches-210/index.xml

Want to say I'm wrong again?

I'm new to boards but apperatly back seat moderating doesn't go down well here so you should probably cut that out if you plan on staying another 8 years. Friendly advice.

OK, You're wrong. Again.

Answer me this then - from the village article (Have you read it?) - Why would someone respond to O Tuathail group message ''I've got the contract'' with ''Copy Available? Where did you get it?'' followed by a reply by O Tuathail '' Cant say but its the real deal''?

Followed on with another message talking about ''Steeling their (IMO) thunder''? by possibly circulating the contract in O Thuathails possession a day before an AGM?

Varadkar was trying to extort pressure on a group the government was negotiating a contract with. This is criminal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

So happy that we've decided that the law breaking was so 'specific' as to not warrant interest.

source.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭AlphaDelta1

jackboy wrote: »
    A guy on TV3 this morning talking about it said that this is not the type of story that the public will be interested in. Seems like the Leo lackeys have been sent out to he media today to do their stuff.

FG's spin department would have had a meeting yesterday at some stage and will put forward a concerted effort to bury this story. They'll be hoping the US election saves their man along with their pals in the media but we will wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

joemurt wrote: »
    I'm new to boards but apperatly back seat moderating doesn't go down well here so you should probably cut that out if you plan on staying another 8 years. Friendly advice.

OK, You're wrong. Again.

Answer me this then - from the village article (Have you read it?) - Why would someone respond to O Tuathail group message ''I've got the contract'' with ''Copy Available? Where did you get it?'' followed by a reply by O Tuathail '' Cant say but its the real deal''?

Followed on with another message talking about ''Steeling their (IMO) thunder''? by possibly circulating the contract in O Thuathails possession a day before an AGM?

Varadkar was trying to extort pressure on a group the government was negotiating a contract with. This is criminal.

I don't know where to start with the above. A complete lack of understanding of what the agreement was and the parties involved.

I'm actually done replying to you now, can't be dealing with a feedback loop back and forth on my Sunday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

This is the nub of the issue,if this info was to benefit one group over another (and the screenshots suggest strongly that was view held)...then is this corruption??

FF have long been floundered by tribunals,micheal martin could clip leos wings here,and knock FG into line in medium term by holding an public tribunal into this

You'd have to show the benefit. The deal was done with the IMO. There were no negotiations with the NAGP. The information was no longer sensitive and was fully published a few weeks later, with nothing occuring within that timeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭jackboy

I expect the story will fizzle out and be forgotten by next week.

Maybe, but recently any politician that has done something wrong has been aggressively targeted until being forced to resign.

• Advertisement

joemurt wrote: »

OK, You're wrong. Again.

What exactly was the contract for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

That document may have had that marking on it from months before and it was no longer applicable

If Leo goes for this then every member of the Dail will have to follow suit bar perhaps a handful

Every member of the Dail who is caught leaking Confidential/not for circulation Government documents should of course go, has there others caught who didn't go

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Actually, I think that might be the nub of the problem. Weren’t there two organisations involved? IMO and the one Leo sent the document to?

NAGP weren't involved.

What exactly was the contract for?

You don't know? WOW.

I agree,hold the tribunal and see what come out

Theres enough wrong-doing admitted to already by varadkar to merit holding one

If said info was no longer sensitive,why was it not distributed to the dail or sent via headed paper....

The lad has been found out,its simple as that in my eyes.....the fact nagp folded due to bankrupcy may be enough to save him,

but politically long term hes damaged by whats gone on here if he survives this

Tribunals are great for getting people off. :rolleyes:

Id agree anyone else who is caught leaking the info like Leo has done then they should also be removed from office.

Who else has done similar?

Leo has admitted to doing it so thats one,who else should follow him out the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

FG's spin department would have had a meeting yesterday at some stage and will put forward a concerted effort to bury this story. They'll be hoping the US election saves their man along with their pals in the media but we will wait and see.

I'd say your right. People were saying yesterday "why hasn't anyone come out backing him publicly?".

1) in recent times politicians have come out swinging in defence of colleagues, only to realise that it was pointless given there was to run on a story.

2) it seems that The Village have nothing more add to this story

3) although I'm still confused, Leo did give a fairly comprehensive statement yesterday to which The Village had little to add to.

4) based on recent opinion polls, none of the government partners want to even consider an election at this time.

5) the particular issue isn't one that affects the greater population. A bunch of people who charge the working person €60 for a 10 minute consultation. In the overall scheme of things, it matters little to me.

He may be able to ride it out but his reputation is damaged and secondly, the PR exercise today needs to be on point. If you're still explaining on Tuesday, you're in trouble. At which point, copy and paste....."the matter has become a distraction to the important task of government at this time"

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I don't know where to start with the above. A complete lack of understanding of what the agreement was and the parties involved.

I'm actually done replying to you now, can't be dealing with a feedback loop back and forth on my Sunday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

WOW and I thought you wanted to be helpful with your friendly advice to a newcomer.

Not nice at all. And an insult. But I suppose, just like the Blanch account, now you don't have to address the group messages I highlighted. Good for you.

Have a great day too. Kisses.

Have the Garda made a statement yet anyone know? This is a criminal matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭dresden8

Phoebas wrote: »
    Not very common at all I'd imagine

Leo always delivers................

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

dresden8 wrote: »
    Leo always delivers................

He could put that on an election poster.

• Advertisement

The chap is entitled as anyone else to due process imo

Agree but where should the process take place, In terms of law it should take place in a criminal court. Not some made up tribunal with no teeth. The law is clear on this.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I don't think you can say that in this case, the information was of no additional benefit to NAGP, they had just been left out of any dealings with the IMO. Was this not more of a 'FYI' type thing?

If it was that harmless, then I don't see why Leo wouldn't go through the proper channels.
    Opposition tds couldn't get a look at it but Leo was able to deliver it to a friend of his on the q.t .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

The most telling aspect, imo, is the excitement of the doctors that the information was sent to - like they were chuffed having info they knew they shouldn't and wouldn't have without behind the scenes skulduggery and friends in high places. I guess we all know in our hearts that's what goes on, just uncomfortable to see it all exposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭thomas 123

I'd say your right. People were saying yesterday "why hasn't anyone come out backing him publicly?".

1) in recent times politicians have come out swinging in defence of colleagues, only to realise that it was pointless given there was to run on a story.

2) it seems that The Village have nothing more add to this story

3) although I'm still confused, Leo did give a fairly comprehensive statement yesterday to which The Village had little to add to.

4) based on recent opinion polls, none of the government partners want to even consider an election at this time.

5) the particular issue isn't one that affects the greater population. A bunch of people who charge the working person €60 for a 10 minute consultation. In the overall scheme of things, it matters little to me.

He may be able to ride it out but his reputation is damaged and secondly, the PR exercise today needs to be on point. If you're still explaining on Tuesday, you're in trouble. At which point, copy and paste....."the matter has become a distraction to the important task of government at this time"

Ok your 6th point:

This is the only time he has been caught(allegedly).

Phoebas wrote: »
    He could put that on an election poster.

I'd imagine it will be appearing on a lot of election posters soon, just not FG ones. Criminal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,756 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I think now that Leo will survive this one. The public are sick and tired of their politicians as it is. They have enough to deal with and Leo communicates better than most of the idiot ministers in this coalition of chaos. FF must be delighted all the same to clip his wings.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

I think now that Leo will survive this one. The public are sick and tired of their politicians as it is. They have enough to deal with and Leo communicates better than most of the idiot ministers in this coalition of chaos. FF must be delighted all the same to clip his wings.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

He’s such an upstanding citizen of this country, encouraging protestors to barricade in Joan Burton into a Garda car and all sorts of non peaceful ‘protests’, I wonder did he support people protesting outside Simon Harris’ house when they had a new baby.

Stop with the irrelevant waffle please, that TD had an early morning arrest, and several days in court where the guards had to be instructed by the judge to stop lying (surely unprecedented?)

Have not even read what Murphy said, but I can spot a load of irrelevant waffle a mile away.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

When his mate said Leo always delivers what did he mean? Has he leaked commercially sensitive and confidential information previously?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

This is the nub of the issue,if this info was to benefit one group over another (and the screenshots suggest strongly that was view held)...then is this corruption??

Its a gp contract once implemented that is the only contract
    Its a contract between gp's and the health service
    Its given to the largest representative body after its agreed for their perusal
    I'm struggling here,where is the benefit for the rival body other than familiarising them with it?
    In fact 18 months on if there's been a benefit other than knowledge to the now defunct nagp ,it should be easily shown
    The case here is very very weak
    Dead I'd say and I'd say vradakar is relishing it,to use his favourite words and we will see this in the Dáil when he speaks
    He is going to play the impatient opposition like a fiddle and has been handed a narcissists dream to do so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement