Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Are you know trying to crab on Vatour?

You are on fire this week :D

Is that the horse that couldn't beat God's Own, Ted Veale or Cue Card? ( or Clarcam )

It won the weakest renewal of a Supreme Novice in 20 years?

A return of 4 quid over 15 races, hardly a punters dream?

Especially at Aintree when " the aeroplane " fell on his hole at 1/5 ... lovely stuff. He managed to drive it home at Punchestown at 4/9 , just in case his fans were not watching the first time. 1/4 when Clarcam bet him, and Ted Veale.

Overhyped in one of the weakest divisions for a decade. The handiest supreme novice in years. nothing came out of it, except for Wicklow Brave which never got the credit it deserved.

For the record Vautour returned 4 quid in 15 races. Wicklow Brave returned 22 and ran well over 50 times, what a servant, won an Irish Champion hurdle and a St leger. Different class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

carq wrote: »
    What horse is this?

Micro Manage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Is that the horse that couldn't beat God's Own, Ted Veale or Cue Card? ( or Clarcam )

It won the weakest renewal of a Supreme Novice in 20 years?

Especially at Aintree when " the aeroplane " fell on his hole at 1/5 ... lovely stuff. He managed to drive it home at Punchestown at 4/9 , just in case his fans were not watching the first time. 1/4 when Clarcam bet him, and Ted Veale.

Overhyped in one of the weakest divisions for a decade. The handiest supreme novice in years. nothing came out of it, except for Wicklow Brave which never got the credit it deserved.

For the record Vautour returned 4 quid in 15 races. Wicklow Brave returned 22 and ran well over 50 times, what a servant, won an Irish Champion hurdle and a St leger. Different class.

I think you are brilliant, please don't stop posting. I would also love to be your bookie :D

I think you are brilliant, please don't stop posting. I would also love to be your bookie :D

Over hyped, you have to see the wood from the trees.

4 quid from 15 races is appalling. That horse was a bookies dream.

I have not mentioned the 100,000's they won on his Gold Cup AP bets.....

akelly02 wrote: »
    i hope she doesnt go , she is a medium sized threat to epatante in my opinion

Yeah, I don't think She will but the question will have to be asked and it will be considered.

I don't think She would beat Epatante over 2m but it would be no forgone conclusion.

My original point is moot anyhow as I read this morning that She wont be going to Leopardstown over the Christmas and will go straight to the DRF and then Cheltenham.

• Advertisement

4 quid from 15 races is appalling. That horse was a bookies dream.

I have not mentioned the 100,000's they won on his Gold Cup AP bets.....

The fact that you use returns from bookies as your metric for rating horses says it all really.

I would prefer to class the horse as a three time festival winner - all Grade Ones - a 176 OR Chaser and a 158 rated Novice Hurdler. He also gave one of the single most breathtaking performance seen in the festival. No horse came within 6 lengths of him in three Grade One races at the festival.

You seem to be all about the money, so how about over £600k in winnings!

The fact that you use returns from bookies as your metric for rating horses says it all really.

I would prefer to class the horse as a three time festival winner - all Grade Ones - a 176 OR Chaser and a 158 rated Novice Hurdler. He also gave one of the single most breathtaking performance seen in the festival. No horse came within 6 lengths of him in three Grade One races at the festival.

You seem to be all about the money, so how about over £600k in winnings!

It is a good job Cry Baby has buckets of cash.

He has one out today with Venetia Willams at Haydock.

He is a rip off merchant, did all his customers for millions a few seasons ago... when he didn't want to play anymore.

Vautour overhyped, bet nothing of any significance, was a bookies dream. A return of 4 quid over 15, just enough to squander on the next race ands not enough to spend anywhere else. He only won 4 grade 1, a lot more horses have won a lot more grade 1's and a lot more money for punters.

Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Yeah, I don't think She will but the question will have to be asked and it will be considered.

I don't think She would beat Epatante over 2m but it would be no forgone conclusion.

My original point is moot anyhow as I read this morning that She wont be going to Leopardstown over the Christmas and will go straight to the DRF and then Cheltenham.

shes not running in the irish champion?

whats the DRF?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭del roy

Dublin Racing Festival

Leopardstown

del roy wrote: »
    Dublin Racing Festival

Leopardstown

Thanks del

i think it would be foolish to steer away from a penalty kick in the mares, lets be real , she has concertista to beat.

2 and a half is her trip anyway

• Advertisement

It is a good job Cry Baby has buckets of cash.

He has one out today with Venetia Willams at Haydock.

He is a rip off merchant, did all his customers for millions a few seasons ago... when he didn't want to play anymore.

Vautour overhyped, bet nothing of any significance, was a bookies dream. A return of 4 quid over 15, just enough to squander on the next race ands not enough to spend anywhere else. He only won 4 grade 1, a lot more horses have won a lot more grade 1's and a lot more money for punters.

Just saying.

First three sentences are nice I am sure they sounded funny in your head, what they have to do with the merits of Vautour is beyond me, but each to their own.

He won five Grade Ones and again winning money for mug punters not really his job, he was odds on most days because of what he produced on the course.

Its very clear that you did your nuts it when Mullins/Ricci sold everyone a pup and switched at the last minute, but to use that as some sort of slight against the horse, is pretty pathetic.

Just saying.

First three sentences are nice I am sure they sounded funny in your head, what they have to do with the merits of Vautour is beyond me, but each to their own.

He won five Grade Ones and again winning money for mug punters not really his job, he was odds on most days because of what he produced on the course.

Its very clear that you did your nuts it when Mullins/Ricci sold everyone a pup and switched at the last minute, but to use that as some sort of slight against the horse, is pretty pathetic.

Just saying.

To clarify, I never back overhyped horses.

I might be a bit of a mug, but I know when the bookies are having a laugh.

Vautour overhyped, beat nothing of any significance and was a bookies dream.

Just Saying.

Where would you rate Faugheen and Douvan, because I think its clear you have a huge dislike for Ricci and Mullins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Cheer lads I remember Mullins having a 2 year or 3 year old in a maiden a few years ago and he won well couldn't think of the name. Threw a small bet on Micro manage ot the supreme at 25s.

Nothing else really done just a few small bets on. Seriously tempted to put a few quid on Faugheen for the Gold Cup. Pure fantasy stuff but imagine having that to look forward to the whole week

Where would you rate Faugheen and Douvan, because I think its clear you have a huge dislike for Ricci and Mullins.

That is not really a fair comment to make.

I don't dislike anyone.

Please don't get too cute, it mightn't suit ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

To clarify, I never back overhyped horses.

I might be a bit of a mug, but I know when the bookies are having a laugh.

Just Saying.

The 3 days Vautour won at the festival the bookies did their stones on him. The first, he was a relatively big priced favorite at 4s+ in the opener, which is a disaster situation for bookmakers. The other two were near even money on Thursdays when a few other favorites went in.

You're right in that he fell a couple of times at 1/3 and 1/5 and was beaten at 4/9. On days however where turnover was fraction of Cheltenham days. Punters remember him fondly because of his talent mainly but there was far more won than lost on him given he got it done when it mattered most, at punters prices (Evens+)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Great to see the Ricci colours winning at Haydock there.

That is not really a fair comment to make.

I don't dislike anyone.

Please don't get too cute, it mightn't suit ya?

Are you dodging the question?

Are you dodging the question?

Listen, I have won a nice few bets on the back of Cry Baby's horsies.

But Vautour was a poor betting proposition, particularly over fences, as he proved. His most profitable spell was over the hurdles.

Just Saying.

Overhyped in one of the weakest divisions for a decade.

Vautour overhyped, bet nothing of any significance,

But Vautour was a poor betting proposition, particularly over fences, as he proved. His most profitable spell was over the hurdles.

Just Saying.

So he has gone from an over rated horse who beat nothing to a 'poor betting proposition'

Think we might be getting somewhere here, look its ok to admit that you made a tit of yourself and just put your hands up, continuing with the same nonsense is far worse!

For the third time, where would you rank Faugheen and Douvan? Or is it just the silks that allow you to judge objectively?

• Advertisement

So he has gone from an over rated horse who beat nothing to a 'poor betting proposition'

Think we might be getting somewhere here, look its ok to admit that you made a tit of yourself and just put your hands up, continuing with the same nonsense is far worse!

For the third time, where would you rank Faugheen and Douvan? Or is it just the silks that allow you to judge objectively?

No he will always be overrated and overhyped in my book, in particular as a chaser. Despite how well he won his Ryanair, he rode punters up the hole the next twice and as I said he was a better hurdler. Look at the stats. Over fences he returned a loss to punters... and yet everyone salivates about him over one round of jumping when he beat nothing by 6 lengths? You shouldn't need me to tell you this?

You don't need me to tell you what a freak Faugheen is, he will be winning again this season , at 13, a living legend. Douvan too.

I won more money on Champagne Fever, Scotsirish , Pomme Tieppe, Sharjah, Limini, etc etc etc.

J J J J J Just saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Honestly one of the worst points I've ever seen made around these parts!

You don't need me to tell you what a freak Faugheen is, he will be winning again this season , at 13, a living legend. Douvan too.

This is very interesting, unless there is an equally well named poster imitating you, you stated a mere 12 months ago that you rated Vautour as the best of the three :D:D:D:D:D:D

FRAUD

Honestly one of the worst points I've ever seen made around these parts!

Yawn.

Here, can someone please wake me up later?

Thanks.

Just before I go... do you reckon Síobhán Rutledge is overhyped?

Asking for a friend?

This is very interesting, unless there is an equally well named poster imitating you, you stated a mere 12 months ago that you rated Vautour as the best of the three :D:D:D:D:D:D

FRAUD

See ya, good luck.

Have a nice day.

Like watching a car crash :D

Like watching a car crash :D

She certainly knows how to spin them wide. Cheeky bitch.

akelly02 wrote: »
    Kauto star didnt mind turning 12 a few days later when he won his 5th king george.

altior will prove on saturday he hasnt lost it , so for me the value lies with him.

has been trimmed from 8s to 6s without running , so expect another clipping on saturday

Just incase you missed it and are interested, B365 are 14/1 Altior to win Saturday and win the QM in March. I think he is very skinny for March but took this, no chance in March if he doesn't win on Saturday, so for me its 14/1 to win the QM, value!

• Advertisement

Just incase you missed it and are interested, B365 are 14/1 Altior to win Saturday and win the QM in March. I think he is very skinny for March but took this, no chance in March if he doesn't win on Saturday, so for me its 14/1 to win the QM, value!

i promised myself one antepost bet for cheltenham , and that was the treble .

i then done a single on him

so im finished unfortunately!!!

but i only need the one bet, cos the treble is coming in!!

Advertisement