Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Now that it seems Gordon is pulling horses from meetings today due to coughing in the yard, might be the time to get a price for his horses for March again
    You just knew Ballyadam, abacadabras and Percy were too bad to be true
    Now it seems that was the case after all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Now that it seems Gordon is pulling horses from meetings today due to coughing in the yard, might be the time to get a price for his horses for March again

No roger

Abacadabras is just ****e

Nice try though 😀

akelly02 wrote: »
    No roger

Abacadabras is just ****e

Nice try though ��

If the yard are being pulled and its on coughing grounds then you can be damn sure he horse has an excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

I honestly think that comes across as you being set on the horses no matter what logical evidence is served up to you.

Lads, i am an abacadabras fan
    i make no bones about it
    Many of ye think the horse is a pig and I know that, that's fair enough.

I am pointing out that the horses trainer is now pulling his horses from meetings today and tomorrow due to coughing in the yard. Added to the fact all his stars ran far below their best at the weekend, do ye not think it is fair enough to then say it can reasonably be thought that the horse was compromised and his run forgiven?

If I am too quick to defend him, it seems some can't wait to stick the boot in.

Abacadabreas has a VERY valid excuse
    What excuse does the hype machine Saint Roi have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Lads, i am an abacadabras fan
    i make no bones about it
    Many of ye think the horse is a pig and I know that, that's fair enough.

I am pointing out that the horses trainer is now pulling his horses from meetings today and tomorrow due to coughing in the yard. Added to the fact all his stars ran far below their best at the weekend, do ye not think it is fair enough to then say it can reasonably be thought that the horse was compromised and his run forgiven?

If I am too quick to defend him, it seems some can't wait to stick the boot in.

Abacadabreas has a VERY valid excuse
    What excuse does the hype machine Saint Roi have?

You're contradicting yourself and tying yourself in knots here.

You claimed on another thread that anyone using form at this time of the year to frank or indeed dismiss a horses chances are mugs, so that was obviously only in relation to Abra and not Saint Roi??

Abra has now been beaten 7 times and has never won a race in the Spring - 0 from 3! Saint Roi who you are happy to dismiss as a hype horse actually has a festival win at least!

Fact is that as things stand there is feck all between them and both are a level below top class until they prove otherwise, being bullish about either is as you say yourself a mugs game!

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Anyone got any tasty AP slips they're holding atm?

Better ones of my lot:

Bob Olinger @25/1
    Monkfish @10/1
    Chacun Pour Soi @5/1
    Sir Gerhard @12/1
    The Bosses Oscar @28/1
    Thyme Hill @12/1
    French Aseel @18/1
    Delta Work @50/1
    Envoi/Shishkin double @15/1

Pogue eile wrote: »
    You're contradicting yourself and tying yourself in knots here.

You claimed on another thread that anyone using form at this time of the year to frank or indeed dismiss a horses chances are mugs, so that was obviously only in relation to Abra and not Saint Roi??

Abra has now been beaten 7 times and has never won a race in the Spring - 0 from 3! Saint Roi who you are happy to dismiss as a hype horse actually has a festival win at least!

Fact is that as things stand there is feck all between them and both are a level below top class until they prove otherwise, being bullish about either is as you say yourself a mugs game!

Would he helpful if you used my mug quote in context and see that i was incl myself in that cohort, it was a light hearted remark...

Aba, not Abra, Aba, has plenty spring form incl finishing a neck to Shishkin last March! Far better form than anything Saint Roi has in the book.

Again tho, people are misreading my point! Ye are taking his run at the weekend as his "form"
    I am trying (poorly it seems) to point out, that it's NOT his form. He is obviously not right at the moment, none of Gordon's yard are, as evidenced by the yard being pulled from Limerick today.
    He has a legitimate excuse for his poor run.

What excuse does Saint Roi have??!!

Coneygree wrote: »

Better ones of my lot:

Bob Olinger @25/1
    Monkfish @10/1
    Chacun Pour Soi @5/1
    Sir Gerhard @12/1
    The Bosses Oscar @28/1
    Thyme Hill @12/1
    French Aseel @18/1
    Delta Work @50/1

Delta Work @ 50/1 ...........for what??? The Mares Hurdle?????

Delta Work @ 50/1 ...........for what??? The Mares Hurdle?????

Bit harsh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Wil frodon go for the gold cup ?

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Wil frodon go for the gold cup ?

Has to. Already won a Ryanair, won the KG which seals his fate really. When's the last time the KG winner didn't run in Cheltenham if fit and healthy? CDO and Cyrname flopped, and CDO was unlikely to run in Cheltenham anyway. Nicholls needs a dart, hardly a better one he'll find considering his top two flopped.

Would he helpful if you used my mug quote in context and see that i was incl myself in that cohort, it was a light hearted remark...

Aba, not Abra, Aba, has plenty spring form incl finishing a neck to Shishkin last March! Far better form than anything Saint Roi has in the book.

Again tho, people are misreading my point! Ye are taking his run at the weekend as his "form"
    I am trying (poorly it seems) to point out, that it's NOT his form. He is obviously not right at the moment, none of Gordon's yard are, as evidenced by the yard being pulled from Limerick today.
    He has a legitimate excuse for his poor run.

What excuse does Saint Roi have??!!

I am fully aware it was light hearted, my reply was also intended to be similar, the challenge of the written word I guess!

Thank you kindly for the abbreviation clarification and apologies to all who were offended.

Would you say that finishing second in a Supreme that fell apart is that more impressive than a novice winning a County hard held on only his third run outside of France? Much of a muchness for me.

Willie Mullins pretty much told us before the race that Saint Roi wasn't primed and Patrick confirmed this after the race and also that Saint Roi was in his view their number one contender for March.

Its a piss poor division and every single one of them have massive questions to answer so being overly bullish or dismissive of any of them is folly.

Klassical Dream
    33/1
    Champion Hurdle

As the fat lad in the ad says "Get some"!!

Klassical Dream
    33/1
    Champion Hurdle

He was brilliant when winning the supreme . What happened last season?

Ah sure who knows
    I am just looking for something at bigger prices in a race that has completely fallen apart at this stage
    At 33/1 with course form and obvious ability....
    There's worse 33s out there

He was itching for fences and spat the dummy out ala Samcro! Pity he didn't run at Christmas, obviously must be a niggly horse. That Supreme run was top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Coneygree wrote: »

Better ones of my lot:

Bob Olinger @25/1
    Monkfish @10/1
    Chacun Pour Soi @5/1
    Sir Gerhard @12/1
    The Bosses Oscar @28/1
    Thyme Hill @12/1
    French Aseel @18/1
    Delta Work @50/1

Have appreciate it at 14s
    Sharjah at 20s

I really fancy moyhaad in the pertemps 20s a savage bet

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

Klassical Dream
    33/1
    Champion Hurdle

70 on the machine. Same outcome as you will lose your money either way.

stretchaq wrote: »
    Have appreciate it at 14s
    Sharjah at 20s

I really fancy moyhaad in the pertemps 20s a savage bet

Lovely. I cashed my Appreciate It Supreme slips @20/1 after his first run in Cork where he certainly looked like he needed further. There's been a lot of tears over the last few days :pac:

• Advertisement

Klassical Dream
    33/1
    Champion Hurdle

I have actually landed on Captain Guinness using the same line of thinking, there is going to be a lot of trainers tempted to reroute I think.

From an AP perspective I have started to look a little closer at the english horses that I think are value.

I think there is a reasonable chance that the Irish horse's won't be allowed to travel, and with no Rule 4s in the AP markets this would add huge value to english horses AP prices.

Obviously this will require firstly that Irish horses cant travel and secondly that it goes ahead without them, I would put this scenario as roughly a 10 - 20% chance, so have been re-examining english horses with this in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

The tastiest antepost prices I can see are Lostintranslation and Native River - both 33/1 for the Gold Cup. Lost jumped the last upsides the winner in this years renewal and Native, as a former winner, who ran quite well at Aintree a few weeks back considering the dire form the yard is in, has got to be considered seen as there are holes in many of the front runners.
    A lot of folk around here have been quite harsh on the Tizzards, some of it justified, but they will be working their nuts off to get the horses in shape for Cheltenham and with 11 weeks to go, I think they could do it.
    I think I'll take a nibble at both of those prices

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Nolan giving Latest exhibition entries in the Marsh and the NH chase. Just backed him there at 14s for the NH chase. Already on at 16s for RSA

People worried Irish horses won't travel by March... Lads, it's 2 and a half months away. Brits are ploughing into the vaccines. Don't be so pessimistic. Irish horses will travel!

People worried Irish horses won't travel by March... Lads, it's 2 and a half months away. Brits are ploughing into the vaccines. Don't be so pessimistic. Irish horses will travel!

Yeah they certainly seem to have everything well under control :rolleyes:

Imagine just the uk horses just running at the festival . Frodon wins the gold cup

Imagine just the uk horses just running at the festival . Frodon wins the gold cup

These are the kind of things that I have been taking a relook at some markets based on and Frodon and Altior are two that jumped out - outside of the novices - so I may decide to stop now :D

Christ almighty I think I'd put my foot through the telly.

If it happened, I'd have to side with Champ... Imagine picking him to be your Gold Cup horse, heaven help us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Not a snowballs chance in hell Cheltenham goes ahead if Irish horses can't travel. It will just be postponed.

Advertisement