Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Ok, so you are not trolling, I possibly gave you too much credit.

You are however talking through your hat! Sometimes it is ok to agree with the consensus, you don't always have to be the cool kid who can see something that everyone else cant see!

Mentioning Arkle, Denman, Don Cossack and Best Mate when trying to big up the RSA as a more worthy race that the March/JLT is one of your finer moments though :D:D

As it stands he has taken the following names ...

Assemble ( who?)
    January Jets ( is that a Caribbean airline ? )
    Easywork
    Elixirr D'ainay
    AbaCadabras ( by a length )
    Front View
    Blue Sari
    I am not arsed naming others atm.

1/2 my eye.

Everyone of ye need your heads examined, the winter is only starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

aidankkk wrote: »
    Some lads have short memories, he'll be available at bigger than evens on the day. Save your money until then, his chance of not getting there is far more significant that the difference between the price he is now and the price he will be in march.

No way Aidan. Not a hope in hell that horse goes off odds against of he gets there
    Absolutely nailed on to be 8/11 or so
    Absolute banker of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Ngolo wasn't suited by the pace or the small field, will be much more suited to a big field and an end to end gallop.

Mullins. I am told, has at least three novices that are held in higher regard for the Supreme that Ngolo which is very worrying for anyone that has taken the 6/1 on Ballyadam.

Ferny, Appreciate It and Shewearsitwell? Sure at least two of them won't end up in the Supreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Ngolo wasn't suited by the pace or the small field, will be much more suited to a big field and an end to end gallop.

Mullins. I am told, has at least three novices that are held in higher regard for the Supreme that Ngolo which is very worrying for anyone that has taken the 6/1 on Ballyadam.

I have Ballyadam for both races, but i do hope he goes Ballymore. Always said he looks like a stayer. Cant see them running Ferny Hollow in both races, but who knows.

Slattsy wrote: »
    I have Ballyadam for both races, but i do hope he goes Ballymore. Always said he looks like a stayer. Cant see them running Ferny Hollow in both races, but who knows.

Gordon said Supreme definitely yesterday in an interview after the race. I backed him for the Ballymore yesterday as a cover just in case but I'm all in for the Supreme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    As it stands he has taken the following names ...

Assemble ( who?)
    January Jets ( is that a Caribbean airline ? )
    Easywork
    Elixirr D'ainay
    AbaCadabras ( by a length )
    Front View
    Blue Sari
    I am not arsed naming others atm.

1/2 my eye.

Everyone of ye need your heads examined, the winter is only starting.

10 from 10, 5 Grade ones and two festival wins at 6 years old.

Go one so tell us all what horse is out there that is going to prevent the horse going off odds on in March?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

There is a very real possibility of a chevely 5 timer at the festival!!!

There is a very real possibility of a chevely 5 timer at the festival!!!

That sounds like a bet in fairness, Even do trebles, quads and the 5 timer.

That would be a nice enjoyable bet to have on.

Coneygree wrote: »
    Ferny, Appreciate It and Shewearsitwell? Sure at least two of them won't end up in the Supreme.

I assume its those, was simply told after yesterday's race that they were delighted with yesterday as Ngolo was considered their fourth string at best for the Supreme.

I assume its those, was simply told after yesterday's race that they were delighted with yesterday as Ngolo was considered their fourth string at best for the Supreme.

I really wish he'd have ran SWIW yesterday. If she lost then all well and good, go to the Mares Novice but if she won then jesus you're a right yoke for the Supreme.

• Advertisement

I really wish he'd have ran SWIW yesterday. If she lost then all well and good, go to the Mares Novice but if she won then jesus you're a right yoke for the Supreme.

Yeah, she picked up what is hoped to be a very minor injury in her prep run in the curragh. She is entered in the Grade one in Leopardstown over Christmas so hopefully she is back in rude health for that.

10 from 10, 5 Grade ones and two festival wins at 6 years old.

Go one so tell us all what horse is out there that is going to prevent the horse going off odds on in March?

I never said he was a bad horse, in fairness.

But he is starting to get overhyped and I am genuine about dissing the Marsh Chase, who the phuck wins that anyway?

You need to strike when the iron is hot, if he is all that he should be getting aimed at the best races.

Just saying.

There are lots of good horses out there that can beat other good horses, this is racing, there are no sure things, believe.

I never said he was a bad horse, in fairness.

But he is starting to get overhyped and I am genuine about dissing the Marsh Chase, who the phuck wins that anyway?

You need to strike when the iron is hot, if he is all that he should be getting aimed at the best races.

Just saying.

There are lots of good horses out there that can beat other good horses, this is racing, there are no sure things, believe.

Of course he is not a sure thing, if he was he would be 1/10.

Who wants to win the Marsh? Loads of people, exactly as many as want to win the RSA I would say. The Marsh is only 10 years old, the most impressive winner of either race in that time was unquestionably Vatour.

100% if I had a Gold Cup horse with the gears that this lad has I would be running him in the Marsh this year, you called it a cowardly route which is silly in the extreme, any other route would be foolhardy.

Bumper- Ballymore - Marsh - Gold Cup its a pretty standard template for a horse with his credentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

Hearing that Micro Manage is Willie's main Supreme hopeful, waiting to see him entered before I back him.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Gordon said Supreme definitely yesterday in an interview after the race. I backed him for the Ballymore yesterday as a cover just in case but I'm all in for the Supreme.

When did he say this? I was watching the RTE coverage and the interviewer mentioned the Supreme but GE made no remark and went on to mention his next run over 2m at Christmas.

Hearing that Micro Manage is Willie's main Supreme hopeful, waiting to see him entered before I back him.

Will certainly be one of interest, considering his last win on the flat and at the time Mullins said that he had schooled over hurldes and was a sound jumper.

That was nearly two years ago though, was there a problem?

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    When did he say this? I was watching the RTE coverage and the interviewer mentioned the Supreme but GE made no remark and went on to mention his next run over 2m at Christmas.

https://www.racingtv.com/videos/watch/ondemand/98076

1.40 on

Of course he is not a sure thing, if he was he would be 1/10.

Who wants to win the Marsh? Loads of people, exactly as many as want to win the RSA I would say. The Marsh is only 10 years old, the most impressive winner of either race in that time was unquestionably Vatour.

100% if I had a Gold Cup horse with the gears that this lad has I would be running him in the Marsh this year, you called it a cowardly route which is silly in the extreme, any other route would be foolhardy.

Bumper- Ballymore - Marsh - Gold Cup its a pretty standard template for a horse with his credentials.

As i said the Marsh Chase roll of honour is there for all to see.

Mickey Mouse Plate race, I said it first.

Not many bumper winners turn out to be much either it needs to be said.

What has he beaten?

Will certainly be one of interest, considering his last win on the flat and at the time Mullins said that he had schooled over hurldes and was a sound jumper.

That was nearly two years ago though, was there a problem?

I think it was a case of he was only a 2 year old and they wanted to get some experience into him.

As i said the Marsh Chase roll of honour is there for all to see.

Mickey Mouse Plate race, I said it first.

Not many bumper winners turn out to be much either it needs to be said.

What has he beaten?

Every single horse that has been put in front of him.

Let me turn the question around, I already have but you have ignored it, what beats it??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

envoi allen is unbeatable and ballyadam wont win at cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Anniepowaa wrote: »
    envoi allen is unbeatable and ballyadam wont win at cheltenham

so nothing can beat envoi allen for ever and ever ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Anniepowaa

akelly02 wrote: »
    so nothing can beat envoi allen for ever and ever ?

nothing will touch him for 3 years minimum as long as he stays fit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Anniepowaa wrote: »
    nothing will touch him for 3 years minimum as long as he stays fit

thanks .

your a hero for giving us that insight

Every single horse that has been put in front of him.

Let me turn the question around, I already have but you have ignored it, what beats it??

Over 3 miles -

Next Destination, Monkfish, Energume ( hopefully goes to the Marsh to prove my point ) , The Big Getaway, Pencilfullofled .. the list could go on. In fairness the fact that connections are avoiding this troop " because it is a hard race " really speaks volumes.

In the Marsh he could face Andy Dufresne, Sporting John , Asterion Forlonge - it is no cakewalk in fairness. As I said I would like to see Energume here either.

He wouldn't have the pace for Shiskin, Unexcepted or Mt Lenister in the Arkle.

There are lots of horses who he hasn''t raced against yet. Which is the heart of the argument.

Thank you Sir, you have certainly brightened up my Monday morning :D:D

Thank you Sir, you have certainly brightened up my Monday morning :D:D

I am telling you , he is overhyped and the fact that they won't go RSA is glaring.

Who did he even beat yesterday?

Weakest renewal in years.

Over 3 miles -

Next Destination, Monkfish, Energume ( hopefully goes to the Marsh to prove my point ) , The Big Getaway, Pencilfullofled .. the list could go on. In fairness the fact that connections are avoiding this troop " because it is a hard race " really speaks volumes.

In the Marsh he could face Andy Dufresne, Sporting John , Asterion Forlonge - it is no cakewalk in fairness. As I said I would like to see Energume here either.

He wouldn't have the pace for Shiskin, Unexcepted or Mt Lenister in the Arkle.

There are lots of horses who he hasn''t raced against yet. Which is the heart of the argument.

Can't agree with most of this but with you 100% on hoping Energumene goes for the Marsh. I really like the horse and I'd be gutted if he goes to the Arkle or even skips the festival. Heard Paul Townend is very sweet on him.

I am telling you , he is overhyped and the fact that they won't go RSA is glaring.

Who did he even beat yesterday?

Weakest renewal in years.

Where in the name of christ are you getting this muck about the RSA from? You do know that they are both Grade Ones, worth pretty much the same money and wait for it here is the important bit.... run over different distances!

And just as it was with Epatante, what was beaten is largely irrelevant, it is the manner of the victory and the ease of victory and the turn of foot when the button is pressed that is impressive. Sometimes you simply have to trust your eyes.

• Advertisement

The Marsh Plate is a glorified plate, it is not a cup race.

Connections are chickening out, the RSA is the one to win.

Advertisement