Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Seems Tower Bridge hasn't been put down!

https://twitter.com/RacingTV/status/1342832822193704960?s=19

Seems Tower Bridge hasn't been put down!

https://twitter.com/RacingTV/status/1342832822193704960?s=19

I'd heard them announce it on Racing TV....sorry!

TheTorment wrote: »
    I'd heard them announce it on Racing TV....sorry!

Ye it seems more than you heard about it too! Bad form from Racing TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Motivator

They also tweeted he pulled up at Leopardstown. More amateur hour crap from that channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,760 ✭✭✭Motivator

They also tweeted he pulled up at Leopardstown. More amateur hour crap from that channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Backed Stattler for the Albert Bartlett at 50s. Likeable horse who will stay all day. Bit of slop at Cheltenham could see him go well.

Probably didn't beat much today but think he's going to be a beast over further and fences in time. Gone in again at 33s for the Albert Bartlett.
    Prob be WPM 2nd or 3rd string on the day if he goes but won't be 33s or 50s.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Probably didn't beat much today but think he's going to be a beast over further and fences in time. Gone in again at 33s for the Albert Bartlett.

Looked very decent, might be the NHC horse for next year?

AB looks a very open race, serious value to be had if you had an angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

That's the Novice chase division wrapped up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Thought that was very impressive form Stattler.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Buveur Dair for March!!!

• Advertisement

Got a bit giddy today and done a yankee (small fourfold too on top of that)...

Sire Du Berlais in the Stayers 8/1
    Tower Bridge in the Pertemps 16/1
    Envoi Allen in the Marsh 2/1
    Saint Roi in the Champion Hurdle 8/1

Well between Tower Bridge & Saint Roi this is a write off...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It looks like Gordon Elliott's yard had a bad Christmas. I heard he caught the Covid also. It cannot have been easy on him and I hope he gets well soon.

There must be a bit of value in backing some of his AP now for the festival?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Willing to put a line thru that for Abacadabras
    Far too bad to be true
    A lot of extenuating circumstances with the yard too etc

Saint Roi had every chance, Walsh got him in the right spot, horse just isn't good enough
    Beaten again when it was there to be won

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Willing to put a line thru that for Abacadabras
    Far too bad to be true
    A lot of extenuating circumstances with the yard too etc

Saint Roi had every chance, Walsh got him in the right spot, horse just isn't good enough
    Beaten again when it was there to be won

If Saint Roi isn't good enough how can you possibly think Abra is?

They will both be better served by a bigger field and faster pace in Cheltenham. The reality is that it is a piss poor division and there is holes in every single one of the big players.

I suggested here a few weeks back that they would have to think long and hard about running Honeysuckle and I was ridiculed, nothing I have seen since would change my position, they have to run her!

Pogue eile wrote: »
    I suggested here a few weeks back that they would have to think long and hard about running Honeysuckle and I was ridiculed, nothing I have seen since would change my position, they have to run her!

She is great filly, but I am not sure she would handle the extra pace of a CH and given that she would win the mares handy I can see why they will go there again. At this point owners should be just looking to keep her well as she is a fine prospect for breeding down the line.

I would definitely back Concertista if it turned up in a CH. Not AP btw , I would wait until the day because given the amount of runners WPM will send over we won't know where she is running until that week. But he could well have 4 or 5 runners in the CH at this stage? Saint Roi, Sharjah, Cialos Emery, Saldier etc.

It is worth noting also that given how wide open the division is, it is possible to have a big field. I could easily see the bookies offering an extra place ( they are not obliged to ) on the day.

We are into all the preview waffle now - the pain of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    She is great filly, but I am not sure she would handle the extra pace of a CH and given that she would win the mares handy I can see why they will go there again. At this point owners should be just looking to keep her well as she is a fine prospect for breeding down the line.

Why not retire her so? I don't see how the Champion Hurdle would be any more of a risk to here well being that the mares and surely if their priority is here breeding career then a Champion Hurdle win would be €€€. Right now its looking like a middling handicap!

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Why not retire her so? I don't see how the Champion Hurdle would be any more of a risk to here well being that the mares and surely if their priority is here breeding career then a Champion Hurdle win would be €€€. Right now its looking like a middling handicap!

I would say there a few quid to be earnt with her yet.

My point is that they should take it handy on her if possible. If Concertista went to the mares it looks a better race at this point. I am not convinced she would beat Honey suckle over the extra half mile though.

Any eye catchers??

Slattsy wrote: »
    Any eye catchers??

Not sure about the festival but if it is muddy and there are fences you should be backing The Long Mile. He should say 3 miles also.

I would like to see where Royal Pagaille goes next also. He has won 2 novice chases in a row now and it looks like there is more to come. Would have to have a chance in any staying handicap chase over the next 4 months. Very economical at his fences, makes the odd blunder but he stays on his feet and moves quickly away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭lemush

I would like to see where Royal Pagaille goes next also. He has won 2 novice chases in a row now and it looks like there is more to come. Would have to have a chance in any staying handicap chase over the next 4 months. Very economical at his fences, makes the odd blunder but he stays on his feet and moves quickly away.

He hacked up in a handicap off 140 so open races await.

Any eye catchers??

I thought Jane Mangan looked particularly well. I love her sharp, deep bogger accent also, she turns me on a fair bit. She is quare sexy.

Natalia Lupini has some serious competition, she better shape up.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

I thought Jane Mangan looked particularly well. I love her sharp, deep bogger accent also, she turns me on a fair bit. She is quare sexy.

Natalia Lupini has some serious competition, she better shape up.

Megan Nicholas is the job just go to her Instagram

stretchaq wrote: »

Isn't she not riding a jockey in Richard Fahey's yard?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

stretchaq wrote: »

Well holy god

New addition, Pertemps.

Tower Bridge at 25s pre qualifier and again today post qualifier at 20s.

This is unfortunately gone, was as low as 10s. But that's the risk :cool:

Onwards we go. And i think another posted spotted the run of another JP horse the other day too; Morosini. Ran on to be 6th, ala Sire Du Berlais before he won his first Pertemps.

The Bosses Oscar will likely be hammered by the handicapper and may struggle, but could well be good enough.

lemush wrote: »
    He hacked up in a handicap off 140 so open races await.

He looks decent. The only slight concern I would have is that seemingly Venetia Williams training facilities in Hereford are perfect for winter chasers insofar as the ground is invariably heavy there. That is why her novice chasers do so well from October - Christmas. What tends to happen is that as soon as they hit the bigger handicaps in the spring their mark is exposed and any value in their price has been eaten up by punters who think they are certainties based on 2 wins on winter ground. You end up backing a 5/1 shot ( in a 20 runner handicap )running on decent spring ground which half the time the horse won't like. I only ever back her runners on shight ground because that is what they are used to. Also, I never bother with her novice hurdlers, they are rarely trying a yard, she is looking 12 months ahead for when they go chasing. You might miss a few novice hurdle winners, but you save a fortune on the losers.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Isn't she not riding a jockey in Richard Fahey's yard?

Ya Kevin stott

i think another posted spotted the run of another JP horse the other day too; Morosini. Ran on to be 6th, ala Sire Du Berlais before he won his first Pertemps.

Slatts! Sssssssssshhhhhhhhhh.

• Advertisement

Slatts! Sssssssssshhhhhhhhhh.

Harrington is the negative here imo.

Advertisement